Y26's Week #1 of CFB

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
:bow: College Footsies are finally here!!! :wacka wacka:

And dayum...the CFB forum is flat out loaded with awesome threads and write ups for the long weekend. What an incredible way to kick off the new CFB season. Just wanted to give a shout out to all the partners, moderators, and members for all the excellent work done so far in this forum. Hands down...it's the best i see around. Well done, boys.

:beer:

Now, onto the first week's slate of games...
I've been making plays over the last 4 or 5 days, as i've struggled to catch up on my CFB preparations for the new season. As a result, many lines have changed...some not in my favor, unfortunately...but i've been so woefully behind on things, that i figured i better get them posted before i run outta time. We're only one short day away, amigos...

Anyways, I got a huge card going for the weekend. More games than normal...but WTF, it's week one. For now, again due to time constraints, i'm just going to list all my plays for the long weekend. I'll come back in over the coming days, and add in my write-ups for each game...before they kick off. That said, looking around the CFB forum, looks like it'll be quite a bit of duplication/reiteration...guess it's a case of great &/or degenerate minds thinking alike, lol. So here we go...

Thursday 8/31

Northwestern -3.5 over Miami Ohio (-109) for 2 units

Iowa St -7.5 over Toledo (+104) for 2 units

Boston College -12.5 over Central Michigan (+103) for 1 unit

South Carolina -7 over Mississippi St (+105) for 1 unit

Friday 9/1

Nevada +11 over Fresno St (+102) for 1 unit

Nevada/Fresno St over 56 (-105) for 1 unit

Saturday 9/2

Utah +3 over UCLA (+104) for 1 unit

USC -8.5 over Arkansas (+101) for 1 unit

Houston -14 over Rice (-105) for 1 unit

Wisconsin -10 over Bowling Green (-104) for 1 unit

Stanford/Oregon over 55 (+104) for 2 units

Tennessee -2 over California (+103) for 1 unit

Pittsburgh -4 over Virginia (-102) for 1 unit

Notre Dame -7 over Georgia Tech (-103) for 1 unit

Sunday 9/3

Ole Miss -3 over Memphis (-106) for 2 units

Monday 9/4

Florida St +3 over Miami (-101) for 1 unit

Again...i apologize for the list. I will definitely get back here before each game, and add in my (2 cents) write up. Just been fighting the clock &/or calender lately...so wanted to get these in here, especially with all the line movements. In the meantime, there's a wealth of information and discussions and opinions all over this CFB forum to read.

Enjoy the long weekend...enjoy the football games...and enjoy the forum.
Here's to a successful and profitable college football season, and all of us here at CTG spanking the books this year.

Yanks26Sox6 said:
:bow: College Footsies are finally here!!! :wacka wacka:

And dayum...the CFB forum is flat out loaded with awesome threads and write ups for the long weekend. What an incredible way to kick off the new CFB season. Just wanted to give a shout out to all the partners, moderators, and members for all the excellent work done so far in this forum. Hands down...it's the best i see around. Well done, boys.

Now, onto the first week's slate of games...
I've been making plays over the last 4 or 5 days, as i've struggled to catch up on my CFB preparations for the new season. As a result, many lines have changed...some not in my favor, unfortunately...but i've been so woefully behind on things, that i figured i better get them posted before i run outta time. We're only one short day away, amigos...

Anyways, I got a huge card going for the weekend. More games than normal...but WTF, it's week one. For now, again due to time constraints, i'm just going to list all my plays for the long weekend. I'll come back in over the coming days, and add in my write-ups for each game...before they kick off. That said, looking around the CFB forum, looks like it'll be quite a bit of duplication/reiteration...guess it's a case of great &/or degenerate minds thinking alike, lol. So here we go...

Thursday 8/31

Northwestern -3.5 over Miami Ohio (-109) for 2 units

Iowa St -7.5 over Toledo (+104) for 2 units

Boston College -12.5 over Central Michigan (+103) for 1 unit

South Carolina -7 over Mississippi St (+105) for 1 unit

Friday 9/1

Nevada +11 over Fresno St (+102) for 1 unit

Nevada/Fresno St over 56 (-105) for 1 unit

Saturday 9/2

Utah +3 over UCLA (+104) for 1 unit

USC -8.5 over Arkansas (+101) for 1 unit

Houston -14 over Rice (-105) for 1 unit

Wisconsin -10 over Bowling Green (-104) for 1 unit

Stanford/Oregon over 55 (+104) for 2 units

Tennessee -2 over California (+103) for 1 unit

Pittsburgh -4 over Virginia (-102) for 1 unit

Notre Dame -7 over Georgia Tech (-103) for 1 unit

Sunday 9/3

Ole Miss -3 over Memphis (-106) for 2 units

Monday 9/4

Florida St +3 over Miami (-101) for 1 unit

Again...i apologize for the list. I will definitely get back here before each game, and add in my (2 cents) write up. Just been fighting the clock &/or calender lately...so wanted to get these in here, especially with all the line movements. In the meantime, there's a wealth of information and discussions and opinions all over this CFB forum to read.

Enjoy the long weekend...enjoy the football games...and enjoy the forum.
Here's to a successful and profitable college football season, and all of us here at CTG spanking the books this year.

Looks really nice amigo. Wish you the best of luck this season.

Looks really good!

I'll have to wish you good health on that Nevada/FSU OVER play though.
beer.gif

some stanford/oregon notes...

Looking around the forum, the majority of my plays already have excellent write-ups from other CTG members in their own threads. I'll still get my 2 cents in here for each play/game, but i wanna start focusing on one of my bigger plays for the weekend...where i haven't seen anyone else mention anything regarding the game. Stanford & Oregon, in what i think is gonna be a total shootout...and possibly even be w/in a TD of the total by halftime. I'm not necesarily a fan of overs early, especially the first week of a new season...but this was a play i had to hit.

I'll give the full write up very soon, but for now will paste over some relevant articles, etc, to provide a basis.
Bottom line though...2 very good offensive squads here, 1 poor defense, and 1 new/unknown defense in Oregon's case.
Like last year's meeting, definitely see this reaching very high #'s...

from an article i was reading...

The loss of Ngata is huge. If for some reason he pulled a Matt Leinart and stuck around for his senior campaign, conventional wisdom would have placed the Ducks right there with Cal and USC in a three-team battle for conference supremacy. But as it is, the defense needs some patchwork, the special teams are decent, with an upside of being solid, and the offense appears loaded, ready to score 35-40 points a week. To some degree, we saw this formula last season with Washington State, and a few injuries later, well, we're certainly not predicting Oregon to suffer a similar fate as the Cougars. But it's worth noting how similar the teams appear on paper.

Oregon starts off with a vicious six-game schedule that includes Stanford, at Fresno State, Oklahoma, at Arizona State, at Cal and UCLA. If the Ducks somehow come away at 3-3, or better, even with USC looming and tough road dates at Washington State and Oregon State, they should end up around 7-5, maybe 5-4 in the Pac-10.

more info to come...

thx guys

Stacks :shake:

Fondy :shake:

Den...i hear ya. Could go either way, but will give my reasonings shortly. Though i totally agree with your under theory early in the season.:shake:

BAR :shake:

VAS :shake:

Thanks a lot, boys. I'll be starting on the write ups tonight for sure.
The forum's gonna enjoy a great weekend...thinking everyone's gonna get off to a helluva start this season.
:cheers:

Same plays as me, it looks like a ton of huge public favorites. Should be interesting..

yep, abc...we do have a bit in common. and it will definitely be interesting, and enjoyable.

KK...big enough? There'll prolly be more...

Well, jsut finished going through most of the CFB forum again...and was struck again by two things.
First, got damned there are a shitload of excellent threads/disuccions/write ups...and i only made it through the first two pages of threads. Second, we do have a huge forum consensus going on the majority of the games. Hopefully that speaks volumes for the forum...and we'll all enjoy a great opening weekend.

That said, i'm gonna take the lazy route with write ups for my thursday games. There are already a half dozen at least for each of my 4 plays...all much better than i'd do, in terms of the write up. So why regurgitate all the info at 3AM?

NW will run all over Miami-Ohio...who only returns 2 on defense. Iowa St has 11 starters back on offense, and will roll Toledo and their new QB. I can partly understand the reasoning behind Cent Mich...but like Denny said, BC jsut has more talent and a better program. And while Messy's St defense is strong, the offense will still be pathetic...and it'll basically be the same story as previous years, imo.

Seriously though...after checking out all these incredible CFB threads again, there's really not much significant to add to what's already been said/written. So let's do it.

back to stanford/oregon

Since i haven't seen any mention of this game yet, hopefully this game can be my main week #1 contribution to the CFB forum.

Last year's score was Oregon 44 - Stanford 20. For the most part, a typical pac-10 game.
What's changed for this year? Besides the rules...which will basically equate to one possession.

Oregon averaged 34.5 pts/gm and 438 total yards/gm LY. And if they don't stay the same, they will slightly improve on those #'s this year. As that portion of an article i pasted above claims...they are loaded offensively, and should score 35 to 40 points per game in the pac 10.

Stanford's defense was horrible last year...and is not really expected to improve. They ranked 106th nationally, giving up 441 total yards/game and 30.6 pts/gm.

Stanford's offense returns 10, and will show improvement TY...especially with Trent Edwards back at QB. They averaged only 24.5 pts/gm last year...and although running the ball is still a concern, their offensive #'s will surely increase TY...as long as Edwards remains healthy.

Oregon's defense is the biggest change though from LY...having lost a ton of talent, and only returning 3. Significant losses (the biggest on the D-line) from their great defense of LY. As a result, their defensive #'s LY will definitely be on the rise TY...especially with all the unknowns in the secondary, and even some early minor injuries to deal with already.

Bottom line here as to why i love this play, and why i believe this game approaches the total by the half...
Stanford scored 20 on a tremendously tougher defense LY...and with not as good of an offense as TY. No way the Cardinals don't reach at least 24 to 28 pts in this one. Oregon gets to face basically the same pourous Stanford defense, only returning 6, with jsut as potent an offense as they had LY. Even if they manage 10 points less than last year against this bad Cardinal defense, it still easily reaches the over.

I know it's favs and unders in week one. But if you look at any overs, check this one out further for yourself. And remember...it's the Pac 10.

Final score prediction: Oregon 42 - Stanford 31

And would not be totally surprised to see Stanford keep it even closer...and the shootout coming down to the last possession, the way they played late last year on the road.

well...washed out. 2-2, up a whole $5 after day one. but the bright side was that i was entertained, and enjoyed the games thoroughly.

BC choking away the cover didn't bother me...but Iowa St sure did. Not just a 4 unit swing...but this outcome really took me by surprise. Besides the tease...thought i had it won twice...and again in the 3rd OT, only cuz they were forced to go for 2. They just couldn't stop shit though...

Anyways, personally, it reaffirmed why Tom Amstutz is one of my top 5 favorite/current CFB head coaches. New QB...but Porky's still got balls. Love the way he coaches a game.
Other thing was maybe the MAC's going to recover from all the lost talent sooner than i expected.

GL tomorrow. Hope it's a shootout, and Nevada keep the thing close.

lol

another wash tonight. 3-3 on the new year now, up a whole $2. crazy.

anyways, a few things from tonight's game...
first, i thought the new rules (which totally suck, btw) came into play here...more so than on thursday. well, that...missed opportunities, and missed extra points...combined with poor coahing decisions...really saved the under tonight, imo.
but what was craziest was that i can't remember a game where the two halves were so completely different...where each team totally dominated one half, and got killed the other half. not sure what was up with Nevada...but in the first half, they looked like they didn't even belong. then in the 2nd, it's an entirely different story.
guess ya jsut have to chalk it up to being week one...

some late additions...

because my weekend card wasn't quite large enough, i added some more plays...all entirely coattails of CKR, SHSUHorn, and Sooner. if you're gonna follow, might as well follow the best.

Saturday 9/2 additions

Rutgers +3.5 over North Carolina (+100) for 1 unit

Utah St +12.5 over Wyoming (+100) for 1 unit

Navy -13 over East Carolina (+101) for 1 unit

Sunday 9/3 addition

Baylor +6 over TCU (+104) for 1 unit

After going 2-2 on thurs, and 1-1 on fri...looks like i need the help to get over the hump here. Plus, CKR/Horn/Sooner made great cases for these games. I'm sold...

Enjoy your Saturday. Nothing but college football, all day long.
:cheers:

Have a great CF season, Yanks26...Any thoughts on Michigan?...I'm leaning towards Vandy and the points...Thanks and bol!

little better...

Mugg...:shake: yep...today was fun.

Panos...:shake: sorry i missed that. personally, i didnt' have an opinion on that game...but i sure hope you cashed that lean.

Well, 3 days in the books. 2-2, +.05 on thurs...1-1, -.03 on fri...and 6-5, +2.04 on saturday. Altogether, 9-8 on the new season...2.06 units to the good. Coulda been better...but at least it wasn't worse.

Some things from Saturday...
Both UCLA and USC showed me a lot offensively. they were both in the same boats...new QBs, new RBs, etc...lot's of lsot talent. Took USC a while to get going...but damn, the Bruins offense jsut totally cut up utah's defense. Looks like UCLA can be an over amchine again TY.
WTF happened to Houston in the 2nd Q??? Didn't see the game...but minus the 2nd Q, it looked like it went according to plan.
Disappointed in Trent Edwards. I really expected more outta the Stanford offense. Thankfully, Oregon made the over happen...and cash. but Edwards is seriously a future Sunday QB. Just expected much more from him today. Maybe later in the season, they'll kick that offense in gear.
other than that, Notre Dame was very fortunate tonight...they got a killer stretch coming up, and i'm thinking they drop one of them for sure.

3 games left in week #1. Would love to finish strong.
GL with your Sunday plays.:cheers:

-------------------------------

0-1-1 on sunday, a unit to the bad. Shoulda/woulda/coulda bought to hook on Ole Piss.
9-9-1, +1.06 units so far in week #1...with FLA ST pending for Monday.

and Florida St ends the week with a win.

Week #1 final #'s
10-9-1, +2.06 units

Last edited:
Back