XLII

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
been observing from a distance to this point...

Made it a pick--- have 6 units on Ariz +14 in various teases w/ CBB

playing this hard:

Ariz Alt line +3.5, +160; 6 units
James over 1 reception, -120; 3 units WIN
Ariz 2H over 10.5; -140; 4 units

Have one prop, I'll get out in the morning.. Price just changed and contemplating units.. Involves Hightower..

:cheers:

Last edited:
Sure this has been discussed at length somewhere but lets update this concisely:

Against the Blitz in 2008---- Warner 16 TDs, 102.5 passer rating (#1 in NFL)

Against the Blitz from 1999-2001 (greatest show years)---Warner, 103.6 (#1 in the NFL)

Saw the blitz 241 times in 2008-- Sacked only 6 times in those situations.

Laugh my ass off when I see all the chatter about how "Blitzburgh" is going to bring everyone in an attempt to get pressure on Warner. This isn't Warners first rodeo and to blitz him at will is simply insane..

A much better plan would be to rush 3 and drop 8 in coverage..Warner saw a 3 man front only 32 times in 2008, but threw 3 Interceptions agianst it..:popcorn:

I love this matchup to be honest..

I don't think Ariz will be able to run at all.. Considering all Ariz throwing and receiving Props over... Win, lose or draw, the Cards will have the ball in the air today.. Especially if they get down early..

Im amazed at how many people are on the team who is clearly the worst of the two playing. 9-7 from the weakest division vs 12-4 in not only a tough division but tough conference.

Im amazed at how many people are on the team who is clearly the worst of the two playing. 9-7 from the weakest division vs 12-4 in not only a tough division but tough conference.

Steelers are a better team versus 85% of the NFL.. Today they have matchup problems.. Bigtime matchup problems IMO..

Look at how the teams are playing now vs how they played throughout the year... Cardinals played two other top 5 defenses.. Giants and Philly twice.. Scored more than 20 in each.. This is not the Ravens offense they are gameplanning..

Based on current play and weapons--this is the best offense the Steeelers have played against all year..

Steelers are better team, yes, but think they will be in for the fight of their life to get the SU win today..

Just my opinion bro..

Im amazed at how many people are on the the team who is clearly the worst of the two playing. 9-7 from the weakest division vs 12-4 in not only a tough division but tough conference.

The Steelers are the winners of the division that had 3 teams with backup QB's or rookies. The Ravens almost pulled one off on them. Pitt is solid on defense but, they lost at home to Indy (without a running game), were completely outgained by Dallas - and the Cowboys lost on turnovers - and should have lost to SD in the HISTORIC 11-10 win on a turnover.

They are from a division that played bad all year everywhere. Also Cleveland's and Cincy's seasons were over in the first 3 weeks because of it. Put a halthy Bengals team and Browns team on the field next season, against these same Steelers and we have a split of wins between them at least.

Im not saying Pitt cant win, because these BIG games are always decided by mistakes, but they are NOT the Steel Curtain of old and today the "Cards" will be on the table- or should I say in the 'Air' all day.
:shake:

Gman, what kind of division did Arizona play in? Seattle played with a backup, Whiners switched QB's also and my team, the pathetic Rams have a starter who plays like a 3rd stringer in Marc Bulger. Zona had 6 of the 9 wins from these horrible offensive teams and still gave up 26 pts a game on defense. How is Zona going to run today? In tight situations this is going to be a factor. Zona could easily get rolled in this game like they did Thanksgiving night. The 2nd half of the NFC Championship game Arizona was dominated on both sides of the ball. Another blue print of how to shut down Warner. Also, McNabb had WR's open all over the field all game long. He threw terribly in the 1st half but got it together in the 2nd half. Ben should have a lot of success vs this swiss cheese D. Arizona also has the worst punter in the league. Most say he shouldnt be in the NFL.
Pitt D is being underrated for some crazy reason. They have insane athelete's who will out muscle Arizona all game and it will show in the 2nd half.

"Bulger a 3rd stringer" is one of the most rediculous comments I have ever heard quite frankly.

Mags, 11 TD passes and 13 INT's 70 QB rating. You must not watch many Ram games. They were 2-14 bro. You're not going to tell me he played even below average are you? WOW, I'd like to see what you think a bad QB is. :36_11_6:

GL Tee. What do you think about Hightower over 1.5 receptions?

Looked at it and the over 8.5 receiving yards also... Be careful.. Last 4 games since James re-emergence, Hightower has 2 games in which he didn't catch a ball and the other two games he only caught one ball for 3 and 8 yards.. JJ Arington is the primary 3rd and long back... So, ya I leaned it early but off it now... GL though if you play it.. They may have a screen package or two in play for him but one never knows.. I do think James will be active in the passing game... Looking at that now..
:cheers:

Curious how the Pitt backers answer this:

Who has superior defensive backs vs the pass? Philly or Pitts?

no one is talking about the pitt O. when they have to score they have done it all year long. i expect a decent run game and a great pass game from pitt today

no one is talking about the pitt O. when they have to score they have done it all year long. i expect a decent run game and a great pass game from pitt today

Better hope big Ben doesn't turn it over.. Really don't think Pitt will need to pass and when they do I think it will be in a lot predictable passing downs...

I think this game is a copy of the Ariz Philly game... I.E. Pitt should be more worried about the Ariz blitz than Ariz worried about the Pitt blitz..

Big Ben has a banged up Hines Ward and a dark cloud of his past SB performance over his head.... Big difference is this is on a neutral field that will have more Pitt backers than Ariz..

Seeing lots of FG drives for Pitt to be honest.. Clock eating FG drives..

Boldin could have 10 catches today if they double Fitz as I expect.. Just like Moss in XLI..

Probably come down to turnovers.. And both QBs like to drop it in the pocket..

yep turnovers, always does. having the better run game should help that a ton. better special teams will be a big factor as well. i've got pitt -6 and under in a reverse so i expect what you expect. lots of time eating drives. zona will convert 3rd downs as well so that'll help the under. i'm also hedging my bet with the zona pass game overs, like you've stated in other threads. they are going to throw it 40 times if they get hte chance. they should completely abandon the run game in favor of the straight passing game and screens/misdirection plays.

I agree what you say about Warner against the blitz... it's a great point... but the defenses he has faced (including the Giants and Eagles) don't stunt and shift as much as PIT does.... I think that can actually be crucial today because it's one thing to read a defense pre-snap and figure what you are going to do to counterstrike and another to think you are reading it correctly then everyone shifts around (from the DTs' to the linebackers to the DBs) right before you snap the ball... PIT does that alot.

anyway.... I really hate being against you bud... good health today and hopefully in the end we both find a way to cash.

On it also Zona---

you heard it here first---

"Ike Townsend does not locate the ball at all in the air"

Cardinals will find IKE and work him hard today-

WARD is not playing IMO, he is all bullshit, he will pull himself early as he will be a detriment to the team-

Cards win this game 27-24

Is anyone else shocked that the AZ ML is only +170 when they're a 7 point dog. Normally a 4 pt dog is 160, so wouldn't a 7 point dog be in the neighborhood of +250? If anything that makes me want to back the truck up on AZ +7. Thoughts?

In reality the real moneyline should be Zona -145--

take away the hype, a badly wounded WARD, a useless running back in useless parker, big BEN a below average POCKET throwing QB-- a bad head coach, a pathetic offensive coordinator- a pass defense that stinks vs spread offenses--

Yeah that makes sense to me about the moneyline Music city---

As Tee said Pitts is in a dog fight- to even be competitive in this game

Better hope big Ben doesn't turn it over.. Really don't think Pitt will need to pass and when they do I think it will be in a lot predictable passing downs...

I think this game is a copy of the Ariz Philly game... I.E. Pitt should be more worried about the Ariz blitz than Ariz worried about the Pitt blitz..

Big Ben has a banged up Hines Ward and a dark cloud of his past SB performance over his head.... Big difference is this is on a neutral field that will have more Pitt backers than Ariz..

Seeing lots of FG drives for Pitt to be honest.. Clock eating FG drives..

Boldin could have 10 catches today if they double Fitz as I expect.. Just like Moss in XLI..

Probably come down to turnovers.. And both QBs like to drop it in the pocket..

Dubb we both know Warner does well again the blitz...but this blitzing scheme by Pitt is completely different than most teams use. Warner is not good against Zone blitzes...Pitt isnt completely a zone blitz...but they throw so many different guys at you on damn near every down...and it nots just straight up, its blind side, your strong stong, man its from everywhere...thats why they are so successful.

Philly showed in the 2nd half how to shut down Zona last week.

Is anyone else shocked that the AZ ML is only +170 when they're a 7 point dog. Normally a 4 pt dog is 160, so wouldn't a 7 point dog be in the neighborhood of +250? If anything that makes me want to back the truck up on AZ +7. Thoughts?

MCG, thats a book being fucking cowards..I have one at +170, and one at +210.

When the Eagles were attacking Warner, Fitzs' production slowed. The Eagles had five hurries against the Cardinals (all of which came between 1:27 in the second quarter through 4:01 in the third quarter). During that span, Fitzgerald had only one catch for 14 yards, which was a dumpoff against a Prevent defense. For PIT, the key is going to have to be to get to Warner... which I think they can do.

I agree what you say about Warner against the blitz... it's a great point... but the defenses he has faced (including the Giants and Eagles) don't stunt and shift as much as PIT does.... I think that can actually be crucial today because it's one thing to read a defense pre-snap and figure what you are going to do to counterstrike and another to think you are reading it correctly then everyone shifts around (from the DTs' to the linebackers to the DBs) right before you snap the ball... PIT does that alot.

anyway.... I really hate being against you bud... good health today and hopefully in the end we both find a way to cash.

Basically summerizes the point I was trying to make...Warner struggles against Zone Blitzes.

Marlo PItts will not blitz that much--

when they do they use 2 guys-- Woodley and Harrison---

sometime TROY P--

PItts db's are not playmakers, they get hurt by playmakers who can catch--

Pitts D dominated most teams they played because they had QB's that basically had a Pulse and thats it-- They were pathetic--

You have a good o line- Good QB with good receivers and you can score all day long on PITTS- all day long--

WHISENHUNT knows Pitts personnel, huge edge for Cards--

Find Ike taylor, Yag and Townsend, these guys cannot cover--

More importantly the game will be won by PItts inability to move the ball-

Big ben will be sacked 6 times today-
Once Ward is ruled out or pulls himself today--
They have only Holmes and Washington-
Washington is not a #2 receiver, he is a #3 receiver--

Cover Miller and Holmes and Pitts struggles to get to 20 points today--

Cards D wins the games, and their blitzes and pressure wil contain BEN and force him into 2 interceptions and 6 sacks.

Dubb we both know Warner does well again the blitz...but this blitzing scheme by Pitt is completely different than most teams use. Warner is not good against Zone blitzes...Pitt isnt completely a zone blitz...but they throw so many different guys at you on damn near every down...and it nots just straight up, its blind side, your strong stong, man its from everywhere...thats why they are so successful.

Philly showed in the 2nd half how to shut down Zona last week.

I hope Pitt feels the same way you do Marlo..

Said it before and I'll say it again and again.. Regardless how you blitz, there is an easy play for the QB to make somewhere on the field. The key is quick identification.. Tavaris Jackson cant do it, Warner has done it his entire career.. In fact he is the best ever versus the blitz.. Agree, Pitt has better blitz packages than most. But they better be careful.. Warner with Boldin and Fitz can burn you quick if you leave easy options open..

Just saying bro..

The key is red ZOne offense-- Pitts gives up field goals---

Vs zona they have no shot at stopping them within the 20---

Everyone knows the ball is coming to Larry, Pitts db's are some of the worst in the NFL, they are really bad playing the ball-
Kurt will throw a jump ball and Larry will beat a PItts DB 98 out of 100 times in the red zone- He will catch a TD on them for sure--

that is the difference here, Cleveland, CINCY, balty, those teams have shitty red zoneoffenses--
Zona has IMO the best red zone offense now cause they have physical guy like Boldin and Larry who can outjump 3 or 4 pitts db's at once.

cant wait to see Pitts defend in the red zone today--

Ike Taylor did good last week letting a baltimore 3rd string receiver get 10 yards behind him on the goal line and he took the penalty--

baltimore receivers blow, these receivers are going to carve pitts up, pitts is a joke on Defense--

Warner wants to win too badly, he is only playing because the loss to the pats haunts him every day.

I hope Pitt feels the same way you do Marlo..

Said it before and I'll say it again and again.. Regardless how you blitz, there is an easy play for the QB to make somewhere on the field. The key is quick identification.. Tavaris Jackson cant do it, Warner has done it his entire career.. In fact he is the best ever versus the blitz.. Agree, Pitt has better blitz packages than most. But they better be careful.. Warner with Boldin and Fitz can burn you quick if you leave easy options open..

Just saying bro..

Hear you...Cover 3 against Fitz and Boldin :seeya:
Obviously...hope the blitzes are successfull and rattle Warner.

things aint gonna change that much this game. pitts D will be fine. zona aint gonna do anything to them that any other team couldnt do. pitt O will have to control the ball, convert a few 3rd downs, punch it in when they should, and not have more than 1 turnover. if so pitt covers

things aint gonna change that much this game. pitts D will be fine. zona aint gonna do anything to them that any other team couldnt do.

<TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 5px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #05173c"><TD colSpan=5>San Diego Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Rivers</TD><TD>21/35</TD><TD>308</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:4_12_12:

Sammy sammy! Pitts DB's are some of the worst in the league? Jerome Bettis was just quoted as saying it's one of the best he's seen. Much better than the one they had a few SB's ago when they won.
Call out some of the reasons Arizona was 9-7 and gave up 26pts a game for the season. If you can pick out all the weaknesses on a top ranked defense, clearly there has to be some on the Arizona side. There are more players on the field besides Warner, Fitz and Boldin.

Sammy sammy! Pitts DB's are some of the worst in the league? Jerome Bettis was just quoted as saying it's one of the best he's seen. Much better than the one they had a few SB's ago when they won.
Call out some of the reasons Arizona was 9-7 and gave up 26pts a game for the season. If you can pick out all the weaknesses on a top ranked defense, clearly there has to be some on the Arizona side. There are more players on the field besides Warner, Fitz and Boldin.

The super Bowl is about how you are playing right now wise..It is full of winners that got hot late.. Last year was most recent example. No disrespect, but you keep mentioning Ariz 9-7 record.. That is irrelevant.. Look at recent play.. On the road, at home doesn't matter Ariz is playing at a super Bowl level and that is why they are here.. Pitt is tough.. Line s/b a fg not a TD..

When the Eagles were attacking Warner, Fitzs' production slowed. The Eagles had five hurries against the Cardinals (all of which came between 1:27 in the second quarter through 4:01 in the third quarter). During that span, Fitzgerald had only one catch for 14 yards, which was a dumpoff against a Prevent defense. For PIT, the key is going to have to be to get to Warner... which I think they can do.

Ariz got the lead and got conservative.. More Ariz inexplicable reverse 2h gameplan than anything Philly did IMO... Then, Ariz got down, with the game on the line, turned it back on, marched the length of the field and here we are..

But hear what you are saying bro:shake:

I agree, they will get to Warner... But they will also give up some big plays trying... That, in essence, is my bet.

Great discussion guys.. Keep it coming..

Last edited:
Pittsburgh's SB run a few years ago and the Giants last year were perfect examples of teams that got hot at the right time. Neither of those teams were really 'great' teams at the end of those seasons.

I agree, they will get to Warner.

We on the Cards better hope not. You hit him he gets rattled. It happened vs. the Eagles, problem was he'd already put up 24 on 'em by the time they started shaking him up.

<TABLE class=tablehead style="MARGIN: 0px 0px 5px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #05173c"><TD colSpan=5>San Diego Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Rivers</TD><TD>21/35</TD><TD>308</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:4_12_12:

In an 11 point loss.

Good health on this one. :shake:

Arizona playing well vs a rookie QB who was on the road. They played well vs Jake Delhomme and 5 Int's. Played well vs Philly for a half. Philly being 1 dimensional with a QB who finds a way to throw poor passes to wide open receivers. Philly dominated Arizona in the 2nd half. Warner was able to put 1 drive together late to bail them out. Pittsburgh week in and week out play against the best defense in the league. Their offense can do to Arizona what they did to the Chargers. I see the Chargers being even a better team than Arizona. I guess we'll find out soon enough but you guys are supporting a defense that could literally get lit up. Which Arizona defense will show up? I think it's the one we've seen for the majority of the season. Which is my point regarding 9-7.

I agree, they will get to Warner.

We on the Cards better hope not. You hit him he gets rattled. It happened vs. the Eagles, problem was he'd already put up 24 on 'em by the time they started shaking him up.

can you please post your guacamole quote in here... One of my favorites the the year... LMFAO

Back