WTF is Al Davis doing?

The worst part is that Kiffen from the rumours didnt want to sign Walker or Hall or give the big money to Kelly.

I thought Kiffen didn't want those two?

Isn't Walker gone too?

Thank god they god rid of this bum Hall too...

Regardless, the man's got no clue.

At what point does the NFL step in and say...Hey Al, we need you to step away.

Ahhh, they never will be able too...but I wonder that myself

I'm starting to get discouraged, don't even get excited to follow the game on Sundays any more and I was real excited going into this season...I think the Hall move was good, now cut Walker

Makes no sense to continue paying this bum (plus all those bonuses he would have got)...we'll see if a team is dumb enough to claim him off waivers

Al Davis is the biggest scumbag owner in the NFL.

I would shoot myself if he owned the Seahawks.

:shake:

^^ Raiders own the seahawks thats all that matters

they sucked so bad they had to move out of the AFC west to the weak ass NFC West

^^ Raiders own the seahawks thats all that matters

they sucked so bad they had to move out of the AFC west to the weak ass NFC West

LOL...trying to get under my skin again...it's all gravy tho. The Seahawks weren't the ones who changed the Divisions...the NFL Comissioner did that.

Have fun with your shitty ass owner.

LOL...trying to get under my skin again...it's all gravy tho. The Seahawks weren't the ones who changed the Divisions...the NFL Comissioner did that.

Have fun with your shitty ass owner.

Hes been like this for months, no one can figure out wassup. Bitterness.

Realistically the future of the team depends completely on JaMarcus, if he is good than him and McFadden can become a scary combo for the next decade. They need help at reciever and at LT on offense.

On D they got Nnamdi who is th best CB in the league and Gibril Wilson has been a great addition, alongside Howard and Morrison at linebacker.

Not far off from a contender in the AFC west and with a good draft and some smart signings I could see them in the playoffs next year.

Hes been like this for months, no one can figure out wassup. Bitterness.

I don't get it either. He was always chill until recently. Probably just angry because the Raiders are awful. Then again, my Hawks aren't any better...but at least we dominated the NFC West for a decade.

bitter of what ? just hate when people talk shit on AL imagine all the raider fans I got to put up that Hate AL.

you either Love AL or Hate him :popcorn:

I really dont get why you defend this guy?

It makes no sense

do you enjoy your squad being the laughingstock of the NFL?

As a Raider fan throw, we aren't going nowhere with Al Davis. He's the common denominator in the failures the last 6-7 years. He needs to hire a coach, stick with him, and stay out of way. Only problem now is nobody wants to be the Raider coach.

And Jamarcus Russell needs to start making plays. At this stage in his career, he needs to be getting better. And I don't see that. He was a number 1 overall for fucks sake. We got a pretty damn good running game to help him. It's up to him to start getting better an grow.

Al Davis is the biggest scumbag owner in the NFL.

I would shoot myself if he owned the Seahawks.

I would shoot myself if I was a Seahawk fan...:shake:

Storied history of the Seahawks'...32 years and ZERO Super Bowl appearances...:36_11_6:

I really dont get why you defend this guy?

It makes no sense

do you enjoy your squad being the laughingstock of the NFL?

You don't understand that without Mr. Davis there would be no Raiders as we know them.
Now, I've been a Raider Fan for many years so I've seen much more success...remember he was the one that hired Gruden and if not for the Snow Job or Fat Ass Siragusa's Belly Flop on Gannon in the AFC Championship game we could have two more (recent) Lombardi's to go with the three we have.
How many NFL teams have our history of success?
You can count them on one hand...plus, we like the "us against the world" mentality...:shake:
Win, Lose or Tie...Silver & Black Till I Die..............:cheers:

As a Raider fan throw, we aren't going nowhere with Al Davis. He's the common denominator in the failures the last 6-7 years. He needs to hire a coach, stick with him, and stay out of way. Only problem now is nobody wants to be the Raider coach.

And Jamarcus Russell needs to start making plays. At this stage in his career, he needs to be getting better. And I don't see that. He was a number 1 overall for fucks sake. We got a pretty damn good running game to help him. It's up to him to start getting better an grow.

Bro, you make some good points but this is a HUGE step for AD (something I've never seen him do...ADMIT his multi-million $$$ mistake). You know he'll get lambasted for giving DHall $8M for 8 games...same with Walker (who is also hopefully gone).
They are doing it to sign their best player and more importantly, BEST CITIZEN / TEAMMATE Aso to a long-term deal. This development actually gives me hope for the near future...it'll sure wake up the other underachieving, overcompensated MFers on the Raider roster (Tommy Kelly, Michael Huff come to mind)...now, if AD would've only signed Gruden to an extension and given him power...:shake:

Mully :cheers:

I dont agree with the shit AL does most the time but its his team and deserves to do what he wants with it. He has earned it. It boggles me the most when Raiders fans talk down on the dude but it will always be like that love him or hate him. Media will always bash the fuck ut of the raiders when they are down. when they are up you dont hear shit.

what the fuck have teams like the Lions, Browns, or Seahawks done to be better Than AL and the Raiders ?

yeah he may be in the biggest slump ever but fuck it you can t always win or make the right decesions. Its easy 2 kick sum1 when they are down but when there up you dont hear a damn thing.

and why the blame the fuckin players also ?

as for Deangelo I could care less of the dude didnt want him but I thought 4sure he would make the team better no way did I think they would be worse with him.

fuck it Move on Atl congrats on the 2nd rd pick.

bc893b2eb13e.gif

I would shoot myself if I was a Seahawk fan...:shake:

Storied history of the Seahawks'...32 years and ZERO Super Bowl appearances...:36_11_6:

I love ya Mulli, but I'm not some bandwagon ****** who jumps ship when their team is down. I'll love the Hawks until the day I die. Hopefully, we will win a Superbowl in my lifetime.

No need to take a shot at the Hawks...the Raiders have had some great years with Davis as owner, and I acknowledge that. Still doesn't change the fact that he's a complete douchebag.

that wasnt screwed maybe a few bullshit calls but

screwed was the tuck rule game :shake:

I agree 100%...worst rule ever created, and the refs did screw the Raiders over in the AFC title game.

But...I disagree on the refs not screwing the Hawks over. They called back two TD's in the game, and one play down to the 1 yard line...and even the announcers thought the calls were BS (not to mention EVERYONE but Seattle fans seemingly wanted PITT to win - all the crap about Bettis retiring with a SB win, "One for the Thumb", and the Steelers just being the much more popular team). If that's not screwing a team over, I don't know what is.

Here's my problem with Al, Throw, and maybe you can give me some insight. I could care less about the Raiders, but it's just bizarre in my mind. Maybe there is no justification, but the guys unique to say the least.

1) To what degree you believe Warren Sapp, I've got to question an owner who calls down to the field during the game and tells the coaches what to run and changes plays. Whether you believe this or not, the Raiders front office never disputed Sapp's comments or his statement this isn't the 70's anymore and you can't throw deep every down.

2) You can't argue drafting JaMarcus Russell when you've got Andrew Walter as your number one. Obvious it's easy to say we told you so when the critics of Russell coming out of college was he's not accurate and struggles reading defenses. The guys a bit of a project with huge upside, why release Javon Walker, who you paid huge money to when you've got a rough on the edges QB. Is it Walker's fault throws aren't on the money?

Walker hasn't done much since his injury, but for an elite player at a skill position don't you have to give him 2 full years?

3) I admit I haven't watched a Raiders game since they played the Vikings a few years ago, but from a state point of view I don't completely understand DeAngelo Hall when you've given a 2nd rounder and a lot of guaranteed money to him.

Through 8 games Hall has 48 tackles and 3 INT's. If you double that to 16 games he's on pace for career high in tackles and tie for INT's. I don't know how many penalties he's gotten or big plays given up, but statistically he's doing fine. There's certainly worse CB's in the league.

Maybe you can shed some light on it for me.

that superbowl was a joke. seahawks were screwed. worst officiated superbowl ever.

However as a raiders fan .... try getting screwed every week. league has it in for raiders and always has.

seriously retract this team. This owner is the biggest f%%%%%% idiot to grace this great league.

If I were a Raider Fan, I wouldnt even be a NFL fan.

Here's my problem with Al, Throw, and maybe you can give me some insight. I could care less about the Raiders, but it's just bizarre in my mind. Maybe there is no justification, but the guys unique to say the least.

1) To what degree you believe Warren Sapp, I've got to question an owner who calls down to the field during the game and tells the coaches what to run and changes plays. Whether you believe this or not, the Raiders front office never disputed Sapp's comments or his statement this isn't the 70's anymore and you can't throw deep every down.

2) You can't argue drafting JaMarcus Russell when you've got Andrew Walter as your number one. Obvious it's easy to say we told you so when the critics of Russell coming out of college was he's not accurate and struggles reading defenses. The guys a bit of a project with huge upside, why release Javon Walker, who you paid huge money to when you've got a rough on the edges QB. Is it Walker's fault throws aren't on the money?

Walker hasn't done much since his injury, but for an elite player at a skill position don't you have to give him 2 full years?

3) I admit I haven't watched a Raiders game since they played the Vikings a few years ago, but from a state point of view I don't completely understand DeAngelo Hall when you've given a 2nd rounder and a lot of guaranteed money to him.

Through 8 games Hall has 48 tackles and 3 INT's. If you double that to 16 games he's on pace for career high in tackles and tie for INT's. I don't know how many penalties he's gotten or big plays given up, but statistically he's doing fine. There's certainly worse CB's in the league.

Maybe you can shed some light on it for me.

Your entire post is full of ESPN "innaccuracies"...1) Sapp has proven to be a blow hard who'll say anything to get attention...this SUPPOSEDLY happened during a preseason game.
2) Walker's psyche is damaged...he's also a terrible "role model" and I'm not sure he'll be released anyway...but he is getting ZERO separation thus, his lack of production.
3) DHall was eaten alive this year...I've watched every Raiders game and ASO (the Raiders best player...has been thrown at 9 times in 8 games...tems attacked DHall)...Hall was due $16M next year...that money will go to signing Aso and the Raiders have a very capable backup CB.

I love ya Mulli, but I'm not some bandwagon ****** who jumps ship when their team is down. I'll love the Hawks until the day I die. Hopefully, we will win a Superbowl in my lifetime.

No need to take a shot at the Hawks...the Raiders have had some great years with Davis as owner, and I acknowledge that. Still doesn't change the fact that he's a complete douchebag.

Your entire post is full of ESPN "innaccuracies"...1) Sapp has proven to be a blow hard who'll say anything to get attention...this SUPPOSEDLY happened during a preseason game.
2) Walker's psyche is damaged...he's also a terrible "role model" and I'm not sure he'll be released anyway...but he is getting ZERO separation thus, his lack of production.
3) DHall was eaten alive this year...I've watched every Raiders game and ASO (the Raiders best player...has been thrown at 9 times in 8 games...tems attacked DHall)...Hall was due $16M next year...that money will go to signing Aso and the Raiders have a very capable backup CB.

Thanks, Mully. Like I said I haven't watched a Raiders game in ages so I was curious what the reality of the situation is.

Those weren't ESPN "inaccuracies", they were just my opinions at first glance, but are probably swayed by the media and ESPN. Sapp maybe full of shit, I can believe that and and I know Walker isn't the Javon Walker from Green Bay. Too bad, because he was a great receiver there.

Here's still my issue with Hall. What are you telling your fan base? No owner or front office wants to admit we screwed up and screwed up royally. They give Hall a HUGE contract and Atlanta a 2nd rounder and give up after 8 games. Can't you move him to nickel or dime back? By cutting half way through the year you're telling your fans we really screwed this one up. Unless he has major incentives for % of plays, games played, etc. it's not going to cost you anything more to cut him after the season or at least try to trade him for a late round pick. But flat out cut him after 8 games when he's already new to the system and on his 2nd coordinator doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Denny Green was in full denial about drafting Demetrius Underwood until the day he left the Vikings. It's just rare IMO the message Davis is sending fans.

Mully is correct, I too have witnessed the inept Hall in action, guy cannot play man coverage, used to Cover 2 where he may thrive. Granny Al is cutting losses, need to cut/trade other underachievers as well Huff, Kwame Harris, Tommy Kelly, Robert Ryan, the most deserving to be fired. Ryan has turned the Raiders into softies, they could not stop the run or pass against Atlanta. Rebuild again with #1 draft pick and get a stud receiver like Michael Crabtree

Rebuild with another WR, great call. You build your franchise with OL. They've got to fix one of the worst OL's in the NFL before any skill player will amount to anything there.

OL will be built through FA, skill playas to be added via draft Bj

Well where the hell is the line? I know its been at least 3 long offseasons since the worst OL in the history of the game took the field.
16 freaking times!

To just act like oakland can grab a quick line off of FA after sucking so hard for so long is just Al Davisish.

OL will be built through FA, skill playas to be added via draft Bj

Well how many years you going to waste draft picks on skill players who don't pan out? Did they really need McFadden this year?

Glen Dorsey would've helped more...
Sedrick Ellis...
Ryan Clady...
Chris Williams...

Not to mention you probably could've traded down from the 4 pick and pick up an extra #2 and maybe a #3.

Joe Thomas easily the safest and best pick out of the Top 5.
PICK - Russell

Oakland takes Michael Huff who's in danger of being released, but not a good draft class for OL

Wiff on Gallery

Also, where were the Raiders when Leonard Pope became available this year? They don't seem to be going after the top OL instead after name skill players who haven't panned out.

I admit I don't follow Oakland a whole lot, but it's tough to justify Davis' moves.

McFadden was the choice Glen Dorsey sucks. McFadden has just been hurt by Turf Toe thats a fucked up Injury.

in o7 I wanted Calvin or AD if it was a qb Quinn. Davis loved Russell reminds him of Elway so that was all him. Jam Rock hasnt been all that bad for what really is his rookie year, He outplayed Favre couple weeks ago and led a game winning drive in OT that was nice. People got to understand His Oline sucks and his WR cant get seperation. The rungame is gone becuase Fargas and McFadden been hurt since week 2, Fargas has been playing at 80%. Russell is only gonna get better so you cant really judge that pick yet.

I didnt like the Huff or Gallery picks at all. but Howard, Morrison, Miller, O'Neal and some other late picks have been pretty good.

This is who I want as coach.

JIM HARBAUGH TO THE RAIDERS?

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 5, 2008, 9:10 p.m.
Could we have two Harbaugh brothers as NFL head coaches?
Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that it’s generally assumed that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, brother of Ravens coach John Harbaugh, is likely to get an offer to become the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders after the season is over.
Kawakami quotes an unnamed source as saying, “Everybody knows Al loves Harbaugh, but why would Harbaugh want that job? He could wait at Stanford a little longer and get a real job.”
But, according to Kawakami, Harbaugh loves Davis, too, and is one of the few coaches in football who might see working for Al Davis as desirable.
Kawakami, the reporter who had the infamous dust-up with a Raiders official earlier this season, also writes that interim head coach Tom Cable has no chance of being offered the job on a permanent basis after the season. Writes Kawakami, “Cable is so long gone that Al’s lieutenants don’t even have to bother to back-stab him.”

McFadden was the choice Glen Dorsey sucks. McFadden has just been hurt by Turf Toe thats a fucked up Injury.

in o7 I wanted Calvin or AD if it was a qb Quinn. Davis loved Russell reminds him of Elway so that was all him. Jam Rock hasnt been all that bad for what really is his rookie year, He outplayed Favre couple weeks ago and led a game winning drive in OT that was nice. People got to understand His Oline sucks and his WR cant get seperation. The rungame is gone becuase Fargas and McFadden been hurt since week 2, Fargas has been playing at 80%. Russell is only gonna get better so you cant really judge that pick yet.

I didnt like the Huff or Gallery picks at all. but Howard, Morrison, Miller, O'Neal and some other late picks have been pretty good.

Can't disagree with with you except for the Joe Thomas pick. Joe Thomas was easily the #1 pick, but ALL GM's/owners get excited about potential franchise QB's.

Huff was definitely a stretch, but Robert Gallery coming out of Iowa was supposed to be a 10 year franchise left tackle. Everyone in the world would've taken him where they did.

I mostly disagree with the fact you take all your skill players through the draft and OL via free agency. You can get that last piece, but you can hardly ever go wrong taking OL in the draft or at least your wrong less than hit or miss with QB's.

Back