WTA Tour Championships. Madrid, Spain: Red Group

S. Kuznetsova vs K. Clijsters

Clijsters -134 for $134

WTA Tour Championships. Madrid, Spain: Yellow Group

J. Henin-Hardenne vs N. Petrova

Henin -306 for $153

A. Mauresmo vs M. Hingis

Hingis +100 for $300

Gotta show some love to Chris Evert, bitch won this tourney the 1st year it started back in 1972 at the age of 17. If the chicks were able to wear short ass dresses like that now rating would quadruple now.

1972: The Tour Championships were first sponsored by Virginia Slims, with the inaugural US$100,000 Virginia Slims Championships staged on clay in Boca Raton, Florida in October 1972 for Top 16 players; 17-year-old Chris Evert defeated Billie Jean King and Kerry Melville-Reid but had to forfeit the $25,000 winner's cheque due to her amateur status at the time; No.3 seed Margaret Court was forced to retire against Chris’ younger sister Jeannie in the first round

VirginiaSlimsOne.gif

It's like I always say, Cigs and Tennis go together like milk and cookies.:cheers:

OK, this tourney is played differently, I don't follow tennis that closely, although I do enjoy watching it.

Here is the article I read:
If this is too long for your thread, let me know and I will delete it!

Mauresmo falls; Sharapova rolls
MADRID, Spain— Defending champion Amelie Mauresmo lost to Nadia Petrova, 6-2, 6-2, yesterday in opening round-robin play at the WTA Championships, and U.S. Open champion Maria Sharapova beat Elena Dementieva, 6-1, 6-4.

Third-ranked Justine Henin-Hardenne defeated Martina Hingis, 6-2, 6-7 (5), 6-1.

Mauresmo entered the tournament ranked No. 1. For her to end the year with the top ranking, the Frenchwoman needs to successfully defend her title, Henin-Hardenne must finish last in their group and No. 2 Sharapova must miss the final.

“There’s nothing to say about that match except it couldn’t get worse in the next couple of matches,” said Mauresmo, who played her first match since injuring her right shoulder last month. “It’s hard to say anything positive about a match like that. I speak better Spanish than I played today.”

The 19-year-old Sharapova can finish the year No. 1 if she wins this week and Henin-Hardenne fails to reach the final. Sharapova, who won the championships two years ago, is bidding for her sixth title of the year.

Mauresmo withdrew from the Zurich Open because of the shoulder injury.

“There was no pain in my shoulder — I just feel a little behind the play, and I made stupid mistakes,” Mauresmo said. “It’s the kind of match I would play after missing competitions.”

The fifth-ranked Petrova broke in the third game of the first set. Mauresmo challenged to save one set point in the eighth, but a forehand passing shot by the Russian sealed it on her second attempt.

Mauresmo broke Petrova in the seventh game of the second set after the Russian had triple-match point. But the Frenchwoman dropped serve the next game for the fifth time and lost the match.

“Petrova didn’t have a great game,” Mauresmo said. “She had a good game, a smart game, and that’s what’s frustrating.”

Sharapova capitalized on her opponent’s 15 double-faults in a match between Russians.

Sharapova won the first set in 27 minutes. Neither player managed to hold convincingly in the second set, with Dementieva saving match point by breaking Sharapova for a third consecutive game.

Dementieva’s serve then let her down again. Sharapova broke for the seventh time in the next game to seal her ninth successive win.

Henin-Hardenne will knock Mauresmo out of the race for No. 1 with another win.

The French Open champion dominated Hingis with her backhand in taking the first set.

Serving at 5-2 in the second set, Henin-Hardenne allowed Hingis to rally by committing 25 unforced errors.

Henin-Hardenne shook off the poor set and broke Hingis three times in the third set on her way to winning the match — her first since tearing a muscle in her right knee in the doubles of the Fed Cup final against Italy in September.

Hey guys urgent help.. do you think Mauresmo has a shot.and did you take Hingis solely for value purposes.. secondly you think they will gover 22.5 games? Need info asap.. thanks guys

scourge said:
WTA Tour Championships. Madrid, Spain: Red Group

S. Kuznetsova vs K. Clijsters

Clijsters -134 for $134

J. Henin-Hardenne vs N. Petrova

Henin -306 for $153

A. Mauresmo vs M. Hingis

Hingis +100 for $300
damn!

2-1 -$150

Last edited by a moderator:

A. Mauresmo vs J. Henin-Hardenne

Henin -160 to win $150

For the outright win

Which Player Will Win WTA Tour Champ'ship (All In)?

Sharpova -109 for $327

Henin +302 for $100​

I'm playing JHH big tomorrow. She will want to close out Mauresmo from the tourney with that match. Also like the play on pova -109. GL

scourge said:

A. Mauresmo vs J. Henin-Hardenne

Henin -160 to win $150
this lost too

0-1 -$240

Tough match yesterday, as I thought JHH played well but lost all momentum after that 2nd set tiebreaker. I'll be chasing a little bit of my loss from JHH tomorrow on pova and a few heavy-chalked set props. GL on pova.

scourge said:
For the outright win

Which Player Will Win WTA Tour Champ'ship (All In)?

Sharpova -109 for $327

Henin +302 for $100
1-1 -$25

Back