Wow, what a Derby

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Thanks to that overhead angle I think I can say that's one of the best races I've ever seen run.

The way he navigated through the back stretch to position himself for the turn was un-f**king-believable.

The thing I hate about the Derby is their shameless pursuit of money. There is no way the field should be 20 deep. This thing should be 15 16 at most because every year there are five or six horses that have zero shot and are doing nothing but taking up space and getting in the way of good horses.

That's what was impressive about this race, because even though he broke relatively well, he was pinched way back in the pack and was 19th after the first turn. Really a great run by this horse and great work by the jockey.

I had Hard Spun to win, place and show.

Nice work, Scourge. He ran a good race, he just didn't have anything left and SS got free with the momentum.

is there a web site that has final spots for all the horses?

It may take a bit, but usually individual tracks' sites post 'em up. I'd imagine there's a KentuckyDerby.com or something like that.

Sucks for Hard Spun, too, because he ran a great race and if just one of those horses sucks to the rail Street Sense has almost no shot of getting through the big part of the pack.

Hard Spun pays 9.80 and 7.00, though. Great win, Scourge.

is there a web site that has final spots for all the horses?

Street Sense
Hard Spun
Curlin
Imawildandcrazyguy
Sedgefield
Circular Quay
Tiago
Any Given Saturday
Sam P.
Nobiz Like Shobiz
Dominican
Zanjero
Great Hunter
Liquidity
Bwana Bull
Storm in May
Teuflesberg
Scat Daddy
Stormello
Cowtown Cat

i agree.....what a fuckin' derby. just got back from the local track..... i nailed a $5 tri box ticket!!!! ended up the day over a dime on the horses

money;

I had a $10 exacta box on the 7 and 8, so a good day for me too. Especially so, considering I dont know anything about horse racing and the only thing I knew about the horses was what I read in Rexs thread and a tip about Hard Spun.

Back