Worth a standalone thread -- RRR Discussion Thread.

Things I have no interest in fading

Texas defense
Oklahoma defense

Pretty much that simple

I'll tell you what my 38 yr old Texas graduate son who lives in Austin and is at the game today said yesterday:

"Our guys were always kinda soft and came to Texas to play and enjoy themselves. We finally have some hard & mean types"

OU money keeps pouring in, now flat 4. I don’t see it, OU has beaten no one, I think their improved D is a mirage. Horns -4 and TT over.

This line was in no man's land after it was bet down at open to 5.5 and 5. I assume some were waiting to see if they could get +6 again and waited until close to game time, which took it to +4.5 and +4.

Had chance to buy off TT at half.

2Q was fools gold with Ewers.

Bottom line, still should have hit.

Multiple turnovers in RZ

Went conservative end of game for FG, and why they lost.

Plus, gameplan was iffy at best.

Good win for OU. Brent done a heckuva job there.

Can't wait for rematch.

Long weekend. Don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful day to watch a game - mid 60s, not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze. Just a glorious day for football.

OU was the better team - played and coached better. Created turnovers. Won both lines of scrimmage, especially those 4 downs from the one yard line where we could not put the ball in the end zone. Gabriel barely got touched before he was 10 yards down the field on a scramble / designed run. He was never uncomfortable in the pocket.

Despite all that, the Horns had the lead and could have won the game without giving OU a chance to do so. I bitch a lot about clock management on this board and I was really bitching about it yesterday as Sarkisian mangled the clock on his team's final drive of the game - between 4:04 and 2:01 on the clock, his offense snapped the ball a combined 113 seconds before the play clock had wound down. All of this with OU having no timeouts left. Yes, he was trying to keep OU off balance with tempo but the very simple goal there is that you do not leave the other team with any clock left, period. Miserable coaching.

Like I said, hats off to OU. At the end of the day, it deserved to win. Sarkisian certainly did his part to help make that happen.

Long weekend. Don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful day to watch a game - mid 60s, not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze. Just a glorious day for football.

OU was the better team - played and coached better. Created turnovers. Won both lines of scrimmage, especially those 4 downs from the one yard line where we could not put the ball in the end zone. Gabriel barely got touched before he was 10 yards down the field on a scramble / designed run. He was never uncomfortable in the pocket.

Despite all that, the Horns had the lead and could have won the game without giving OU a chance to do so. I bitch a lot about clock management on this board and I was really bitching about it yesterday as Sarkisian mangled the clock on his team's final drive of the game - between 4:04 and 2:01 on the clock, his offense snapped the ball a combined 113 seconds before the play clock had wound down. All of this with OU having no timeouts left. Yes, he was trying to keep OU off balance with tempo but the very simple goal there is that you do not leave the other team with any clock left, period. Miserable coaching.

Like I said, hats off to OU. At the end of the day, it deserved to win. Sarkisian certainly did his part to help make that happen.
I can't recall any OU/Texas game ever where there was a greater discrepancy between the aggressive attitude of the teams. OU was aggressive on every play, the Texas players and staff looked like placid all day and that last possession Texas had was just like all their others. They seemed to be happy if they got a FG. Texas has plenty of talent, but they seem to take their cue from Sark who shows little emotion and seems to want everyone to relax and stay calm the entire game

Darrell Royal must be turning over in his grave. The Horns played like mad dogs every year when he coached them

Back