WORLD CUP FUTURES /DAILY INVESTMEMTS/FIFA 23 SIMULATIONS/ Random DEGEN ramblings

My buddy just said the same thing about having no clue how this goes after the Iran match..( Weird that's he's also a City fan , who ribs on me all the time for being a " Loserpool" homer ) ...

Guessing England lays an egg in the knockout stage ...They're definitely capable of a sh*t show

I'm thinking the USA gets too aggressive and gets burned in the 2nd half ..
Draw is the same thing as a loss so why not go for it?

If gladly lose the $300 above to see a USA draw today...
We seriously don't benefit from a draw unless you thing Wales crushes England. Yeah...lol

Draw and loss are equal today. Win we're in, draw or loss we have to beat Iran and we're in. England wouldn't mind a draw, we would gain nothing with one.

We seriously don't benefit from a draw unless you thing Wales crushes England. Yeah...lol

Draw and loss are equal today. Win we're in, draw or loss we have to beat Iran and we're in. England wouldn't mind a draw, we would gain nothing with one.
My train of thought would be a draw is a major let down for England ...All their media over there appears to be calling for a blowout by 3 + ...
A draw for them could lead to them finishing 2nd in the group ( Iran beats USA , England Draw vs Wales )

Meanwhile mentally a Draw for USA is a massive success ....

I'm probably wrong though , but mathematically wouldn't USA chances of advancing greatly improve with a draw ?

My train of thought would be a draw is a major let down for England ...All their media over there appears to be calling for a blowout by 3 + ...
A draw for them could lead to them finishing 2nd in the group ( Iran beats USA , England Draw vs Wales )

Meanwhile mentally a Draw for USA is a massive success ....

I'm probably wrong though , but mathematically wouldn't USA chances of advancing greatly improve with a draw ?
Not since Iran won. We have to beat England or Iran. Draws now matter nothing.

Not since Iran won. We have to beat England or Iran. Draws now matter nothing.
Yes I understand , we must beat Iran ...

Also beating England and losing to Iran could open the door for England and Iran advancing right ?
England 6 points
Iran 6 points
USA 4 points
Wales 1 point

Like I said I'm probably wrong ,lol

Yes I understand , we must beat Iran ...

but I figured a draw could help win the group ..Assuming the remote possibility of England vs Wales draw ( although England would likely have a better goal differential ) ..

Also beating England and losing to Iran could open the door for England and Iran advancing right ?
England 6 points
Iran 6 points
USA 4 points
Wales 1 point

Like I said I'm probably wrong ,lol
Man it's 8am, there's a ton to absorb there that I'm not ready for yet :rofl:

One question
Do you think USA gets the win result vs Iran ??

Very tempted to jump on the +116 right now
Assume we get no points here against England, draw gets Iran through. We get 3 Iran needs to probably win, not draw but that 2nd goal for them today could play

This is the exact scenario that it's too early for me to play this game yet

I'd say taking a stand at +116 makes a bunch of sense and just know after today your plan going forward to either hedge or capitalize

Let's just say England winning by that margin against Iran is significant but I likely won't tackle scenarios for a couple hours

This is where not drinking coffee sucks

Let's just say England winning by that margin against Iran is significant but I likely won't tackle scenarios for a couple hours

This is where not drinking coffee sucks
No idea how you can make it without coffee lol ...
I'm already on cup 4 , wonder why I had an ulcer ...

Can't wait for the USA game today , going to a massive watch party outside downtown with my son's soccer team ...
Guessing most BILLS fans will still be drunk from yesterday
..Probably going to be a sh*t show ..

Assume we get no points here against England, draw gets Iran through. We get 3 Iran needs to probably win, not draw but that 2nd goal for them today could play

This is the exact scenario that it's too early for me to play this game yet

I'd say taking a stand at +116 makes a bunch of sense and just know after today your plan going forward to either hedge or capitalize
That's the thing I'm already on USA to advance at +100 for $420 ...
Maybe I'll just stand pat for now , do like the current price of +116 though considering it was -123 this morning before Iran won

Adding
FRANCE to WIN WORLD CUP +800
$650. 3.25 units
TO WIN $5200

Still drinking French beer now and then after France paid nicely on the Futures wagers 4 years ago ( no thanks to me , it was all FIFA 19 on the PSR ) ...

I'll be wearing my France kit #22 with my own name personalized on it during every France match.. :pointandlaugh:

The Sims this time had France as the 2nd best team winning the world cup 8 of 50 times ( 16% +525 ) ...
My pre tournament predictions had them beating Mexico , England , Argentina , and Germany in the championship...

The Sims only had Brasil winning the WC more ( 12 of 50 ) , but I don't see the value in their price , and have always enjoyed rooting against them and Neymar .

Last edited:
World Cup to date

Suggested FIFA 23 standard wager 1-2. -$376

Small wagers -$293

-$669 overall /-3.345 units

Tough 1.5 unit loss on Englamd yesterday , but I do love watching their sports outlets bash the squad and their fans pissed in the pubs ....

Last edited:
Fifa 23 sim suggested standard wager #4

POLAND -132
1 UNIT ( $264_$200)
Sims loved this spot for Poland to get a big win pre tournament
Personal thoughts : Wish I had the stones to lay more down...This should probably be a 3+ unit wager. I'll save my coins for tonight's NYS class AA state seminfinal ( BENNETT-3 vs Cicero North Syracuse )

Fifa 23 sim suggested standard wager #4

POLAND -132
1 UNIT ( $264_$200)
Sims loved this spot for Poland to get a big win pre tournament
Personal thoughts : Wish I had the stones to lay more down...This should probably be a 3+ unit wager. I'll save my coins for tonight's NYS class AA state seminfinal ( BENNETT-3 vs Cicero North Syracuse )
+$200

Would have been a completely different game is SA scored at least once on their 4+ chances when it was scoreless .

Adding Small wager

MEXICO DRAW NO BET +480
$21 to win $100.80

Just for the fun of it ..Would love to see El Tri pull the shocker...

Saturday results

1-0 on FIFA 23 suggested wager +$200 ( Poland ) ..Could have easily lost if Saudi Arabia scored on a few of their open looks ..Polish Keeper stood on his head..

+$4 on small wagers ..

World Cup to date

Suggested FIFA 23 standard wager 2-2. -$176

Small wagers -$289

-$465 overall /-2.325 units

Adding

small fries

DRAW CROATIA vs CANADA +230
$50/115

CANADA DRAW NO BET +150
$50/$75

A good portion of the Sims had a scoreless or 1-1 draw ...

Personal thoughts..Canada are sneaky good , would be no suprise if they stole 3 points here.

Adding

FIFA 23 Sims SUGGESTED WAGER #5

BRASIL -1 -135
1.5 U ( $405 TO WIN $300)

Sims love BRASIL -1 ...Just ran 20 new Sims with today's lineups , BRASIL won by 2+ in 16 , and by 1 in the other 4 ..

Curious, what did the simulations say about Spain and their chances of winning it all? I liked them going in and so far they seem like one of the stronger teams out there.

Last edited:
Curious, what did the simulations say about Spain and their chances of winning it all? I liked them going in and so far they seem like one of the stronger teams out there.
Sims had them winning the world cup 4 times in 50 ( Tied for 4th best) ...

Spain looks good to me , wouldn't be suprised if they went to the semifinals or beyond.

Tuesday action

FIFA 23 sims Suggested wager

SENEGAL DRAW NO BET +123
1 U. $200
Re did the sims a few minutes ago 20 times with the projected lineups ...Senegal won 9 , 4 draws , Ecuador 7 ...

World Cup to date

Suggested FIFA 23 standard wager 3-2-1 +$70

Nice cash On Senegal today but I left money on the table not betting USA to be Iran ....Did cash $420 on them advancing which pays for the $250 Germany group loser, and some of the bone head long shot Group Winner Parlays

Small wagers -$389

-$319 overall /-1.595 units

Last edited:
No FIFA 23 SIMS suggested plays on Tuesday....

Adding

SAUDI ARABIA +400
$50 to win $200

Just giving myself something to root for today..My small wagers have been garbage to date ..A more disciplined bettor would just tail the FIFA Sims lol.

No FIFA 23 SIMS suggested plays on Tuesday....

Adding

SAUDI ARABIA +400
$50 to win $200

Just giving myself something to root for today..My small wagers have been garbage to date ..A more disciplined bettor would just tail the FIFA Sims lol.
Adding another $24 at +420

World cup to date

Suggested FIFA 23 standard wager 3-2-1 +$70

Small wagers -$463.
Need some discipline to stop betting just to bet on the World cup and just tail the FIFA 23 Sims..

-$393 overall /-1.965 units

Adding

FIFA 23 SIMS SUGGESTED WAGER

SERBIA +160
1 UNIT ($200 to WIN $320)

Simulated this match 20 times...Serbia won 10 , draw 5 , Switzerland 5

World cup to date

Suggested FIFA 23 standard wager 3-3-1 -$130

Small wagers -$361.50

-$491.50 overall /-2.4575 units

Back