World Cup Discussion Thread

Nothing really clear on this Salah injury , but with Egypt coming out saying they hope he is ready in time for WC I think that tells you he is probably not going play .

They would be the most optimistic about his return and that isn’t that optimistic

For the record, I've spent a ton of time on this WC and will put it all together next few days....Germans and Brazil quite honestly will be the same as 4 years ago. French have a great chance...Belgium can make money but they'll fold....Europeans in Russia is where it's at...not the time to play on S American teams imo...hell Argentina might actually suck

For the record, I've spent a ton of time on this WC and will put it all together next few days....Germans and Brazil quite honestly will be the same as 4 years ago. French have a great chance...Belgium can make money but they'll fold....Europeans in Russia is where it's at...not the time to play on S American teams imo...hell Argentina might actually suck

Germany should be there near the end.

Thoughts on Spain?

Can they recapture their magic

I like Germany and Spain with France and Brazil right behind them

I think France has probably the easiest of roads , but I would have to look at it further

Will the Ticos be fun again? And dangerous?

I don’t remember them being enjoyable to watch, they played the most negative of almost any team in that WC

Tactics are the same , and they are well organized . They won’t be easy to break down

I’d say they have a decent shot to advance out of that group

i know Germany is a favorite, but seeing the Mexicans catching a full goal at +115 is tempting

i know Germany is a favorite, but seeing the Mexicans catching a full goal at +115 is tempting

I like the under in that game , I’d be pretty shocked if Osorio doesn’t sit back( like have no interest in possession or moving forward) try to steal or point or at worst a 1 goal loss . Don’t want to be out of World Cup after 1 game

with that said, are you really out if you lose 2-0 to GER though? MEX is the most likely 2nd place finisher and while it will complicate things (and MEX has seemed to have success playing for draws and then winning late in the past), maybe they try and win the group with a W in the opener?

I guess I could use some help on what tactics the coaches are most comfortable using? Somebody? Anybody?

with that said, are you really out if you lose 2-0 to GER though? MEX is the most likely 2nd place finisher and while it will complicate things (and MEX has seemed to have success playing for draws and then winning late in the past), maybe they try and win the group with a W in the opener?

I guess I could use some help on what tactics the coaches are most comfortable using? Somebody? Anybody?

Mexico lost 4-1 to Germany’s b and C team last summer . I would be shocked if they go all out in the opener vs Germany . They have a lot of pride, but I don’t see it

Tactics tend to be ultra conservative in the World Cup , just the nature of tournament

They did and got Pepe and red card and they pretty much crushed Portugal’s chances of advancing

Last edited:
Not sure Mexico get past Korea, they need to take the ass kicking from the Germans and focus on the other two matches

But that’s the problem they can’t take an ass kicking because of goal differential unless they think they have great shots of winning the other two( which I agree with you they don’t ) I think it’s sort of a tossup of who advances out of that group besides Germany

Concur, it was clearly the difference....thought I quoted a phone type post that made not so much sense, like I thought I was drunk reading it

Nothing really clear on this Salah injury , but with Egypt coming out saying they hope he is ready in time for WC I think that tells you he is probably not going play .

They would be the most optimistic about his return and that isn’t that optimistic

having no clue about the rest of the squad, if he's not playing they have no chance?

Will the Ticos be fun again? And dangerous?

i seem to always think they're going to do well based on that performance

Without Ibra they should struggle mightily, sucks if he played that group would have been fun

Without Ibra they should struggle mightily, sucks if he played that group would have been fun

I think they are better squad without him at this point, play a more free form style, rather than him holding up play

Forsberg gets more control

Their group sucks though for them

correct me if i'm wrong on this attempt for strategy by team (would appreciate help on the unsures)

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.30.33 PM.png

No Sane for Germany , that’s a surprise . Seems like a perfect guy to bring off bench after 70th if you need to create some chances .

Back