3unit plays: 2-0 +6units
2unit plays: 2-4 -4.8units
1unit plays: 2-2 +1.15units
ML Parlays: 1-1 +3.92units
Favorites: 5-6
Dogs: 1-0
SouthCar: 1-1
Overall: 7-7 +6.27units

Gimme sum time to get this crap updated. Didn't post nothing from this past weekend, played SC 1st half under, full game under, and the under in the Kansas game friday night which I was crushed on, won't count anything towards the record. Had a good time at the UGA-SC game, not surprised at all by how it ended, typical.

I am taking my time going through this week of games, at first glance there wasn't a whole lot that jumped out to me.

Utah-7.5: Utah is rolling right now in all phases of the game. If you are into paying a team back for a loss, AFA beat Utah in 2007 in WK2. I think anytime a team beats you the previous year, you are not going to be overlooking them. Utah has a game with Weber State on deck so there are no issues here and they are coming off a beatdown of lowly Utah St. AFA is 3-0 and I will admit I didn't see them getting the outright win @ Houston but they did. One thing that sticks out to me here, AFA can not run this 1-dimensional crap with Utah and expect to stay in the game. One could argue, Carney only passed for 54yds in the game last yr, he also ran for 113 and this was a beat up Utah team in WK2 with no Brian Johnson on the field and other various injuries coming off an opening week loss to Oregon St. Through 3 games, AFA QB is 11-23 for 90yds-1td-1int. Just mentioning that 8 of those 12 completions, 75yds, and TD came against Southern Utah in WK1. Utah rush defense is strong, their offense is balanced, they are ranked, this is conference game #1 so going on the road laying points is not that big of an issue to me with this group who is very well-coached and looks to have their season goals in order. Houston QB Keenum ate up the AFA secondary for 362yds and 4td, think Utah rolls here by 2 TD +

There is one trend that bothers me here:
  • Underdog is 9-0 ATS in their last 9 meetings.
More to come later after I catch up on Entourage/ Weeds

Last edited:
Gimme sum time to get this crap updated. Didn't post nothing from this past weekend, played SC 1st half under, full game under, and the under in the Kansas game friday night which I was crushed on, won't count anything towards the record. Had a good time at the UGA-SC game, not surprised at all by how it ended, typical.

I am taking my time going through this week of games, at first glance there wasn't a whole lot that jumped out to me.

Utah-7.5: Utah is rolling right now in all phases of the game. If you are into paying a team back for a loss, AFA beat Utah in 2007 in WK2. I think anytime a team beats you the previous year, you are not going to be overlooking them. Utah has a game with Weber State on deck so there are no issues here and they are coming off a beatdown of lowly Utah St. AFA is 3-0 and I will admit I didn't see them getting the outright win @ Houston but they did. One thing that sticks out to me here, AFA can not run this 1-dimensional crap with Utah and expect to stay in the game. One could argue, Carney only passed for 54yds in the game last yr, he also ran for 113 and this was a beat up Utah team in WK2 with no Brian Johnson on the field and other various injuries coming off an opening week loss to Oregon St. Through 3 games, AFA QB is 11-23 for 90yds-1td-1int. Just mentioning that 8 of those 12 completions, 75yds, and TD came against Southern Utah in WK1. Utah rush defense is strong, their offense is balanced, they are ranked, this is conference game #1 so going on the road laying points is not that big of an issue to me with this group who is very well-coached and looks to have their season goals in order. Houston QB Keenum ate up the AFA secondary for 362yds and 4td, think Utah rolls here by 2 TD +

There is one trend that bothers me here:
  • Underdog is 9-0 ATS in their last 9 meetings.
More to come later after I catch up on Entourage/ Weeds

similar thoughts on that game .. think we win .. atleast hope we do.

Some thoughts on the Vandy/Ole Miss game. I favor Vandy + the points and the Over in this game which doesn't always work out.

I have a slight lean to Vandy + the points because I do not like the defensive philosophy over at Ole Miss. I've seen a Tyrone Nix defense get beat by mis-direction offense all too many times in my life and Vandy with a mobile QB and mis-direction plays is going to score and move the ball on Ole Miss. I wish Vandy had more options in the passing game though, that bothers me. Ole Miss is still with out Hardy and that weakens their DL significantly. Vandy is off to a rare 3-0 start, they are feeling confident, Coach Johnson is a good coach, they don't beat themselves so I can see them hanging tough here. On the otherside of things, Ole Miss has an offense that can score some points but I also think the Vandy secondary is pretty decent. Ole Miss has a game @ UF on deck, a team they only lost to by 6 points at home to last year, Vandy has a game at home versus Auburn on deck. This is conference play so both teams should turn their attention to each other, Ole Miss is off basically a bye week with the win over Samford. At the end of the day, if the total is around 44 or so, it is something I will be interested in. Maybe I am shooting a bit low with the total here but I can see this being a 27-24 type game that comes down to the wire. I would be more inclined to play the total than the + points

Very Strong Lean to the LSU/Auburn Under (24?), lol, Slight Lean to LSU-3

I can’t imagine what they are going to set the O/U for this game at because Auburn is pitiful to watch on offense right now. I did not have the pleasure of watching this weeks baseball game with Miss St but I did see A LOT that I didn’t like from Chris Todd versus SoMiss. The whole problem I have with what Todd does is that I think he can’t make the downfield throws necessary and that he pitches the ball weakly on short routes/in the flats. From talking to an Auburn fan and someone who writes about college football on the internet, here are his issues with the offense and more specifically Todd:

Auburn's offensive problems are due to 2 things, first is QB Chris Todd who seems afraid to throw the ball to his first read unless the player is wide open and secondly because Tony Franklin has not figured out how to rotate Kodi Burns and Todd effectively. I have heard two rumors this week, one that Kodi Burns will be the starter Saturday and the other is Burns will get 50% of the snaps. I am not sure if this is true or just junk to confuse LSU, but I expect to see more of Burns this weekend. I don't like Auburn in this game because if Todd plays he is going to make a ton of mistakes. He holds onto to the ball way too long and usually checks down to underneath receivers. Todd will not have time to hold onto the ball against a very aggressive defense and he will be sacked a lot or like last week Auburn will have a lot of holding penalties.

Since Todd can’t make all of the throws in this offense, which is a pass-first spread, it is inefficient and ineffective. One worry for people who like Auburn here, the Auburn offense is pretty fast paced but if it is ineffective, it is not tiring out the LSU defense, it is tiring out the Auburn defense by not staying on the field enough.

Has Tubberville been keeping the offense under wraps this season and just getting by with defense? It is certainly possible, I’m sure they didn’t expect it to be this bad, and I have often wondered what has happened to the Auburn offense we all saw defeat Clemson in the bowl with a month of practice in a new system but still, the LSU defense is strong so even if they were pulling the sheet over our heads, its hard to imagine they are that much more explosive.

Now, with LSU on offense, they have a great OL, they are deep at RB, and they are inexperienced and not willing to take many chances with the QB’s. Because of this, I believe LSU will run the ball a lot which melts the clock as well. If LSU has some success running the ball, I look for around 35-40 rushes in this game and I can just see the time flying off this game. This Auburn offense obviously is not high powered which begs the question of how LSU attacks them defensively. I could see them attacking early and often and challenging Auburn to pass on them however LSU’s weakness on defense has to be its corners. If I was backing LSU here, I’d hate to not have Darry Beckwith on the field for me because not only is he a very talented player, he is a leader on this defense and that is harder to replace than his tackles.

The LSU strength is in the trenches and this team is built for long-term success with the OL/DL they have. I think LSU wins this game, having some inexperienced QB’s on the road while laying points makes me uneasy though. For both teams, they will be facing the best defense they have seen all year. For both teams, there are still some glaring question marks on offense heading into their first true test.

I think the first team to 14 wins the game, I will be looking to hit the under here even if they set it at 34 because I think the max score in this game is 17-14 but something like 13-3 would not shock me at all or a repeat of that 2006 game that was 7-3.

The home team has won 8 straight in this series and is getting points
The last time LSU won @ Auburn was 1998

Good luck this week Bitch. Like the thoughts on Vandy/Ole Miss.

ehh u pussy, thanks

LSU Under 38..............3units
Utah-7.5.....................3units

This is updated from Wk2. I won't count anything from WK3 since I was never around the computer after Tuesday

3unit plays: 2-0 +6units
2unit plays: 2-4 -4.8units
1unit plays: 2-2 +1.15units
ML Parlays: 1-1 +3.92units
Favorites: 5-6
Dogs: 1-0
SouthCar: 1-1

Overall: 7-7 +6.27units

These are the rest of my leans for the week:

Penn St-28
UCF+10.5
Vandy+6.5, forget the under, thought I could steal a number
Miss St+8.5
LSU-2.5
UNC-2.5
Wake+4.5
Mich St-8.5
CMU+10.5
Miami Under 41.5
NCST+7.5
Fresno-7
UGA-7
SJST+9

Penn St-28:
Temple is going to be feeling real sorry for themselves after a last second bomb beats them versus rival Buffalo. They are not in the same league as PSU who has been feasting on inferior teams right now. This might be a better 1st half play, PSU does have B10 opener with Illinois on deck. Not much else to say here.

UCF+10.5:
Just not sure at all how BC deserves to lay 10.5 here to UCF. This is one of my weaker leans so not sure if I take the points here. UCF is coming off a bye week after an OT loss to in-state rival.

Vandy+6.5:
Mentioned above

Miss St+8.5
If MSU can score 10 points in this game, there is a good shot they cover here. Their defense remains strong, the ball will be run a whole lot in this game, there has to be some sort of urgency on the MSU side of things as well. This is going to be a very low scoring game where having over a TD worth of points is very valuable.

LSU-2.5
Mentioned above

UNC-2.5
Really don't like this VT team at all, serious serious problems on offense for them. UNC at home can be tough, I wasn't shocked by what they did to RU, was expecting them to win, sure not by 48-12 but was expecting the win. Tyrod Taylor and his legs are the only thing that can keep VT in this game. In the game last yr, UNC outgained VT but lost by 7 on the road. UNC has not beaten VT since they came to the ACC. Look for Tate and Hicks to have big games at WR and for UNC to win this game by 7+ at home.

Wake+4.5
Mich St-8.5
CMU+10.5
Miami Under 41.5
NCST+7.5
Fresno-7
UGA-7
SJST+9

hmmmm guy from tobacco country liking ncst .... care to share ?

hahaha, honestly, this is not usually the type of team/game I would eye but it was a gut feeling I got when I looked over the released lines for the first time. I've been having a lot of trouble talking myself off games and stuff so I decided to stay away this week for a few days, wait until Monday to look at the lines for the first time and circle the games I felt like the line was off, this happens to be one of them.

I know, I know, ECU is a non-bcs favorite of just about everyone right now everywhere you look but this game is so big imo for NCST and TOB in so many ways. To put it simple, this season is going awful for the pack right now. Injuries have ravaged this team and they have been beat up in 2 of their 3 games. This is the 2nd home game for the team (1st real one), they finally get out of the state of South Carolina now, they are hosting a ranked team, and they are underdogs. Now, NCST did beat ECU last year but ECU was the favorite in that game as well by 6points. ECU, while 3-0, with wins over 2 teams that were ranked when they played them, HAS NOT traveled into hostile territory yet. The VT game was on neutral field, the WVU game at home, and HS games have more fans than a game at Tulane. I expect NCST to feed off a live crowd all day, wish this was a night game and not a 1pm start though. Below is a quote from an NCST player, I believe that they believe they can win this game?

"I know last year they were picked to beat us, and last year we just came out and hit them in the mouth. Even though it's kind of different this year, they are ranked No. 14 in the nation. They are coming in with a big edge, it's just the same thing. Nothing is played on paper. It's always played between the lines."

I don't like that DT Alan-Michael Cash is out for NCST w/ a knee injury but I believe this DL is still pretty strong, he was though probably playing some of the best football on that DL.

Now, a team like ECU might have some talent, but do they have the depth to replace a player like Cotton for them. Cotton is a player who had started 15 staight games for them at LB and was one of their best defensive players. I believe ECU is going to feel that injury this week when facing a 1-2 combo of Andre Brown and Curtis Underwood and I look for NCST to try to run the ball a lot and win the time of possession.

Does it worry me that against SC and Clemson, NCST failed to score a touchdown? Yes, but I think ECU is going on the road in a tough environment against a team with their back against the wall who might not win but is well coached and is going to give a hard effort for a full 60 minutes and I am getting over a TD in this one.

Last edited:
Wake+4.5
So FSU beats 2 creampuffs and now their new starting QB Ponder is talking shit about winning the game? I understand Wake has won the last 2 games against FSU and the last time they visited they won 30-0 in a humiliating loss for FSU but what does anyone know about FSU right now except that they can beat a bunch of scrubs? No doubt in my mind which team will not 1)beat themselves, 2)play harder, and be 3)be better prepared. FSU might have more talent roaming their sidelines but Wake has those type of players that just fit their system, they have one of the best HC's in the country and they are off a bye. A;so, a major reason Wake won the game last yr was in-game coaching and 2nd half adjustments, a huge edge to have in a game.

Mich St-8.5
I have ND, I hate ND, I hate ND and I still can not believe I layed points with them versus SDST. ND has issues, I don't care that they beat Michshitgan, that score is so misleading its unbelievable. I think if you want to look at their first 2 games, the SDST score is more of an indication of what kind of team this is rather than the Mich score. Their rush defense is going to get run over by Ringer all day, their offense is nothing to be scared of, their DL can't get pressure on the QB and they even struggle to get pressure when sending the blitz. Yes, the road team has won the last 7 in this series but no way I see MSU losing this game to ND, just no way.

Sup bro...

Pretty much agree with ND . We cant forget how little the offense did vs Michigan at home after struggling in the opener. I know they had a fumble for score then I think 2 short fields from turnovers and 1 long pass play . Otherwise the offense was basically non existant . Do think the Spartans win by DDs here ...

Not so sure I agree with everyone on Penn State . Syracuse is terrible on defense and had no chance of stopping Penn State . Temple while medicore at best is to me at least a real football team . Just dont think it will be easy for Penn State here on offense . Mindset of Temple though is definitely a concern. Two things happen they just cant shake teh 1st 2 weeks and get steamrolled or they turn it into motivation vs big brother ....

Basically agree with Miss State and UNC especially UNC ....

One I strongly disagree with is Ole Miss. really like the Rebels here . Vandy hasnt faced much competition and there where in a dogfight till the end of the 1st h this weekend....there QB can make shit happen but Ijust think Ole Miss is gonna score in the 30s and thats gonna be to much for Vandy to cover ....IMO..:cheers:BOL

Sup bro...

Pretty much agree with ND . We cant forget how little the offense did vs Michigan at home after struggling in the opener. I know they had a fumble for score then I think 2 short fields from turnovers and 1 long pass play . Otherwise the offense was basically non existant . Do think the Spartans win by DDs here ...

Not so sure I agree with everyone on Penn State . Syracuse is terrible on defense and had no chance of stopping Penn State . Temple while medicore at best is to me at least a real football team . Just dont think it will be easy for Penn State here on offense . Mindset of Temple though is definitely a concern. Two things happen they just cant shake teh 1st 2 weeks and get steamrolled or they turn it into motivation vs big brother ....

Basically agree with Miss State and UNC especially UNC ....

One I strongly disagree with is Ole Miss. really like the Rebels here . Vandy hasnt faced much competition and there where in a dogfight till the end of the 1st h this weekend....there QB can make shit happen but Ijust think Ole Miss is gonna score in the 30s and thats gonna be to much for Vandy to cover ....IMO..:cheers:BOL

Whatsup Nut

ND we agree on, I def like this play. ND scored 21 in the first quarter which was bullshit. Michigan giftwrapped everything they had all day. The team I watched play SDST I believe is really close to the ND team they put on the field. Cover the fade and you crush this team.

Temple - I think it has to be a worry, atleast in the first half, that there is a hangover of some sort because of how they lost last week. I agree that Cuse is utter shit and Temple is slowly improving, the defense ain't half bad and PSU has a conference game on deck. It is a lot of points and it is not one of my favorite leans right now.

With Vandy, I was looking to get a number I can play with for the Over but 51 is not the number I was looking for. I agree with you though, I can see Ole Miss scoring 27+ in this game but I do think OM will have trouble containing Nickson. I'm not a very strong lean to Vandy either, most likley not a play was looking at the Over much harder.

Best of luck to you this week

very impressive writeup on ecu state game there. You definitely know your stuff. Crouch our most experienced OL and Geron James our tallest wr are both out for this game as well.

Wolf - Thanks bro, forgot to mention those other 2 injuries but did read about them last night. It is amazing to me how badly you guys have been hit this year by the injury bug, I know the pain, we lost a lot of players last year and it sucks. Still undecided about the play but I do like it. You got any other insight for me?

BAR & JPicks - Thanks, will be stopping by your threads in a little bit.

I do accounting @ a real estate company, its mandatory I take a class and pass the real estate exam so that is where I spend 3 hours of my Tues and Thurs nights, it sucks, and it limits my time here so I have to try to get my shit done on Sun-Mon-Wednes.

With the remaining leans, I did eliminate Fresno. I know they can beat Toledo by more than 7 but I am not risking this team going on the road with a piss poor attitude because they just lost "The biggest game in the history of the program" so scratch that game off the list.

Miami Under 41.5
The logic in this one is simple, where do all the points come from? Total is low but i'm thinking this game stays under 40. Miami was way too fast for TAMU last yr and I had the under in that game last yr and it was one of the biggest screw jobs I ever witnessed. There were 2 fumbles before half w/ under a minute that led directly to points then there was the cute little meaningless hailmary to end the game that made it go over. The total in the game last yr was 45 and I think both offenses got worse this year. I think about 75-80 plays in this game will be rushing plays, another game where the clock will be melting. Miami run defense is tough, I worry that Miami might be able to run on TAMU but Miami is inexperienced at RB right now w/ James banged up.

NCST+7.5
mentioned above

UGA Team Total Over 28.5
I think what the country will find out this week is that the South Carolina defense is pretty good. I have no faith whatsoever in ASU being able to contain Moreno and company though. As the season goes on, AJ Green will continue to emerge and likely be Staffords #1 target by the end of the year. ASU won't hold Moreno to 78yds on 20 carries, I think he goes for over 100 and 2 TD's. He is going to open up the passing game as well. This total works out well if ASU is able to make this a track meet, which is possible if UGA can't pressure Carpenter. Either way, UGA is 3-0 and falling in the polls so if they have the chance to score points, they will. I believe they are good for around 34 in this game. When ASU faced respectable offense last yr (Oregon, USC, Texas) they gave up 35, 44, and 52 points. UGA is not facing an over-powering defense in this game and I don't believe ASU matches up well with them.

SJST+9
I am kind of pissed this line is dropping, thought more people would be willing to back Stanford after last years 37-0 game. SJST is a tough little team and this game is a little rivalry for them. SJST might of lost 35-12 to Nebraska but this was a 14-12 game in the 4th quarter. Statistically, the game was pretty even with FD's matching, SJST outgained Braska, outrushed them, and they tied in passing yds. Stanford doesn't scare me at all, they are laying too many points and if they don't come to play, could outright lose this game.

Not playing the Wednesday Night game, but do see a lot of people on KSU. I'm not in favor of a long trip during the school week and laying points on the road but I can certainly see why someone would choose to back KSU. If I had a gun to my head, I would bet LVille Team Total UNDER 26.

I don't see a competent offense when I look at the Ville. I see a team that is going to try to keep this game low scoring tonight too. I am going to eat dinner and decide if I want some action

I'm not sure if this will affect your lean, but Hardy is back this week. He probably won't be back at 100% and certainly not as in shape as he needs to be, but Hardy even at 80% will provide a much needed boost for the DL.

I'm not sure if this will affect your lean, but Hardy is back this week. He probably won't be back at 100% and certainly not as in shape as he needs to be, but Hardy even at 80% will provide a much needed boost for the DL.
:shake:

Thanks for the info, I thought I came across that on the internet today, thought he would be back for UF and 100% by the SC game.

I am off this game in all areas though but great info

Updated card, going with a few more games than I normally would. Still going to add a few of my other leans but trying to narrow it down. I will try my luck on this TAMU/Miami under again although last yr makes me real bitter.

LVill Team Total UNDER 26 -1.15units

SJST+9.......................2units
Miami Under 41.5........2units

Updated card, going with a few more games than I normally would. Still going to add a few of my other leans but trying to narrow it down. I will try my luck on this TAMU/Miami under again although last yr makes me real bitter.

hard to argue with your card there etg.

love utah and sjst and i played miami florida based highly on the idea that they shut down the tamu offense so sort of like that under as well.. lsu/auburn game has 10-6 written all over it.

Good hit . Played NCState already and some ML. You have to respect what that defense has done in two very tough road games (both home openers). The offense of course will be better at home and also two very tough defenses they played at . Faded ECU against Tulane last week and Tulane almost pulled it out . A team who also had not done much on offense previously . Just not a fan of ECU's offense to like them as road chalk and this NCST defense should be a huge challenge...

Good hit . Played NCState already and some ML. You have to respect what that defense has done in two very tough road games (both home openers). The offense of course will be better at home and also two very tough defenses they played at . Faded ECU against Tulane last week and Tulane almost pulled it out . A team who also had not done much on offense previously . Just not a fan of ECU's offense to like them as road chalk and this NCST defense should be a huge challenge...

kind of agree with this. Mentioned after the south carolina game that this team will have some nice value as decent sized dogs due to their defense and in particular their defensive line.

nice hit on colorado etg in what i think is the beginning of a huge weekend for you.

Pretty much agree Nut to a T. Since the preseason I've like what NCST has on the DL, of course, losing Cash hurts cause he was playing well but this is an experienced and athletic bunch. ECU should continue to struggle with the run in this game and I'm counting on a rocking home crowd here. All it will take is a mistake or 2 from ECU, ball control on offense for NCST, and a pumped up crowd and they can be in this game late.

Had it not been for the rash of injuries, this would be a higher rated play for me. NCST with their back against the wall is going to come out fighting.

kind of agree with this. Mentioned after the south carolina game that this team will have some nice value as decent sized dogs due to their defense and in particular their defensive line.

nice hit on colorado etg in what i think is the beginning of a huge weekend for you.

I hope its a good WKend Kyle and agree on ur thoughts about State

NCST +7...........1unit

Still go 1-2 more games I will decide on later tonight after I get back from the Yankee game.

Updated:

Colorado ML +125

NCST +7.....................1unit

UGA is a game I want to play in some shape or form.

I can't decide if I just take UGA-7 or if I take UGA team total over 28.5

It is my belief that ASU is not stopping UGA and UGA is scoring 30+ in this game. UGA OL had trouble with SC DL and that won't be the case this week, Stafford will have time to throw and Moreno will open up the passing games when he goes over 100. UGA made some changes on the OL that should help this week as well. I do have a concern if UGA can't get a sufficent pass rush to slow down Carpenter so it will be key to keep ASU in 3rd and longs. I understand that ASU had to be preparing for UGA since August and they got a blueprint in WK3 on how to slow UGA down but I don't believe they are capable of executing that gameplan.

In my heart I think its a long shot that Richt who is 27-4 on the road at UGA lets his team half ass their way out west. I am so close to pulling the trigger on this game because I believe its around a 13 points win for the Dawgs.

Back