Wiseplayer to Sofi

If the Lions ever make it I am going, I don't care if I have to mortgage the house. Once in a lifetime experience. Wise is lucky he doesn't have to travel, and his team is playing in his own backyard. Should be epic no matter the result.
Mate the whole weekend is the experience, only reason I didn't go to Tampa when the Cards made it was our lives were turned upside down with the housing crisis. But the weekends when the Bowl is here (next year!) it's societal crack.

Did you have your Stafford jersey on and wear your rams hat backwards like Kelly?

Oh shit. Niceeeee. Cross that off your bucket list. I'm insanely jealous but happy for you.
I look back at early 2009, housing crisis was in full bloom and I know any other year going to Tampa for the Bowl to watch the Cards would have been done. Couldn't justify it at that time and looking back, I vividly remember the 30 minute drive home from the bar after that Plaxico catch was miserable. To this day I haven't watched a replay of that game.

Can't imagine dropping that much for a game just to have likely the most miserable LONG flight back to Phx with a bunch of pissed off fans. Guess the point is...if you're gonna spend it, enjoy the whole experience. But end of day, your team better win the fk'n game!

I look back at early 2009, housing crisis was in full bloom and I know any other year going to Tampa for the Bowl to watch the Cards would have been done. Couldn't justify it at that time and looking back, I vividly remember the 30 minute drive home from the bar after that Plaxico catch was miserable. To this day I haven't watched a replay of that game.

Can't imagine dropping that much for a game just to have likely the most miserable LONG flight back to Phx with a bunch of pissed off fans. Guess the point is...if you're gonna spend it, enjoy the whole experience. But end of day, your team better win the fk'n game!

Yeah that's a big fear of mine too. But the sb is the sb.

Yeah that's a big fear of mine too. But the sb is the sb.
Buncha corporates that don't care, love the atmosphere (it's here next year, whole weekend is awesome with the golf tournament in town) but the game is generally one I prefer a house party to being at unless it's cheap. That's where they get you, even as a season ticket holder it's hard to get SB tickets, Cards did a lottery for the 5% allotted. And we see the ridiculous prices, but face value is why. Buddy went to Houston for one when he was w/Directv and face was $2300 for lower corner, row R, I'm sure it's gone up since. That was the Brady v Falcons comeback so I'm sure they're more now.

I'm actually more interested in going to a Stanley Cup game than the SB and only have a vague fandom of hockey.

That is the truth. Hard to imagine feeling it was worth it if your team loses. This is a lifetime win for me. For example, Think about the 1969 Jets Super Bowl win. It doesn’t go away 50 years later. I got to see in person the win over the 9ers and Cincinnati at Sofi. I can’t top this.

That is the truth. Hard to imagine feeling it was worth it if your team loses. This is a lifetime win for me. For example, Think about the 1969 Jets Super Bowl win. It doesn’t go away 50 years later. I got to see in person the win over the 9ers and Cincinnati at Sofi. I can’t top this.
Ha I always do the ranking shit of games I've been to and naturally 2001 g7 World Series will always take the cake. 2nd is Cards beating Eagles in the NFC 'ship...but then it goes to being a fan of sport. 3rd is probably the Royals/A's wild card game in 2014 and not that I'm a Royals fan, but great atmosphere and lots of drama. Throw in g7 that year when MadBum willed SF to the Series win, tough atmosphere in KC but again, I'm no Royals fan and appreciate it. Ohio St/Miami for the 'ship rounds out top 5 but not really sure where Tiger over Rocco at Torrey Pines in the one on one 18 hole playoff fits in.

Been very fortunate, I've become more accepting of going to big games when it's someone else's team. It's a defeatist attitude but if my team loses I don't want to be around anyone.

I’m curious about the people you sit next to at the game.
I had a corporate couple to the left from Orange County who stopped by the game because it was in LA. Corporate couple from Chicago in front of me. 50/50 Rams and Bengals fans. Friendly crowd. After we knelled it, all Rams fans. Amazing to see panhandlers appearing to pick up items left behind.

Back