Will Muschamp out at S Carolina

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
He should never have been hired in the first place and I guess S Carolina finally listened to their fans and decided to cut their losses.

It's been a coaching graveyard for most of it's history and now that Clemson is a super power it's probably the worst it's ever been

I didn’t mind the hire. It’s a job no one wanted. The issue was the money and the contract. That should be first and foremost

I really can't see Sark taking that job. One of the Clemson coordinators? Although Venables has always said no. Why now?

Any hot young coach who has competent legal counsel and agents is not going to take the job. Not only do you have to try and win against a bunch of elite schools, you have to play Clemson every year.

Some good jobs are going to open up this year at schools where you have a chance to win and some of them give you an excellent chance

I doubt Venables ever goes anywhere.

For one thing his job is better than almost any head coaching job in the country,

He's a smart guy and a great coach but he's always been happy to handle his job and let the head coach deal with all the non-football headaches he hates.

Always a team first guy. Played at Kansas State, GA at Kansas State, assistant with Kansas St on the same staff as Bob Stoops then to Oklahoma with Stoops. Dabo does the same thing Stoops did--make your family a major part of the program. family night at the football offices, all the kids and wives. every week.

I didn’t mind the hire. It’s a job no one wanted. The issue was the money and the contract. That should be first and foremost
I didn't mind the hire but for different reasons, I'm sure. They could have done much better. They've hired plenty of championship coaches, including Spurrier, Holtz, and, yes, Dietzel.

Local talk seems to be centered around three current coaches...Liberty, Coastal and Charlotte.
What Healy did at Peay was truly amazing. And Chadwell at Coastal looks like a great choice as well. I'm hoping they pick Jim McIlwain.

I doubt Venables ever goes anywhere.

For one thing his job is better than almost any head coaching job in the country,

He's a smart guy and a great coach but he's always been happy to handle his job and let the head coach deal with all the non-football headaches he hates.

Always a team first guy. Played at Kansas State, GA at Kansas State, assistant with Kansas St on the same staff as Bob Stoops then to Oklahoma with Stoops. Dabo does the same thing Stoops did--make your family a major part of the program. family night at the football offices, all the kids and wives. every week.
Fortunately Dabo doesn't have a brother.

Back