Wildcard Weekend...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
0-0-0 (Regular: 10-13-1)

Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans

The play...

Texans -4.5 (2 to win 2.10)

Late money doesn't agree here but I believe Cincy are fraudulent.

:shake:

This is the fourth time under the current playoff format that teams are meeting in the wild-card round in back-to-back seasons. In each of the previous three instances, the team that won the first game also won the second game. Houston won on Jan. 7, 2012, at Reliant Stadium 31-10. The Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since 1990. Every other NFL franchise has won a playoff game since then. Cincinnati is 0-5 all-time on the road in the postseason, tied with the Saints (also 0-5) for the worst road record in NFL postseason history. If the Bengals lose, Marvin Lewis will become the first head coach to lose his first four playoff games since Wade Phillips (now the Texans' defensive coordinator) lost his first four before earning his postseason victory in 2009.

Schaub is 2-0 against the Bengals with seven touchdowns and one interception. Of the 16 teams he has faced more than once since 2008, Schaub’s Total QBR of 89.4 against the Bengals is his best against any team.

Webb the x-factor in the next game. Ponder plays and I'm all over the Pack like white on rice. May still or may look for something in-game.

1-0-0 (+2.10)

1-0 on the day but missed the gimme that was Green Bay. Webb was the x-factor alright, x standing for crapola.

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens

The play...

Ravens
-6.5 (2.3 to win 2)

Plenty of 'storylines' in this one but at the end of the day I have little faith that a young team consisting of mainly rookies are gonna go into 'The Wire' and hang in the playoffs against a postseason tested Ravens squad.

Rookie quarterbacks are 2-6 — and winless in the playoffs — against the Ravens since John Harbaugh became coach. Rookie quarterbacks have completed 51 percent of their passes, thrown four touchdown passes against 10 interceptions, and combined for a 60.4 passer rating in those eight games against the Ravens.

You also have a dome team outdoors in January.

And this, Indianapolis is ranked dead last versus the rush over the past four weeks (5.91 YPC) so if Caldwell is a smart man, he'll pound a rested Ray Rice all fucking day.

Concern would be Goodell salivating over a Colts/Broncos divisional matchup next week :drooling:

...and pulling the necessary strings to make it happen.

NFL is potentially WWE with a ball, right ?

Last edited:
D. Stern reportedly called Rog tonight with some 'advice'...jk

Glad to see after the fact some played Houston. I got real close before the game but never pulled trigger. Lets go Balty, just need a win to close out a good-sized dip myself.

GL manana...

Thanks BAR, Nba, Taz.

Line has crossed the 'solid' number. Good sign ?

Would still play at 7, personally wouldn't feel overly comfortable laying the 7.5 for possible backdoor reasons but have Balty winning by 10+ via my 'numbers'.

Weather doesn't look like much of a factor, looks more like November than January. Meh...

adding...

Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins

The play...

Seahawks
ML -160 (2 units)

Went pussy here. Most efficient team in the league, had to play it. Didn't want to lay the 3, ML 10 cents more expensive with the local as opposed to buying down to 2.5.

Last edited:
In saying that have the Hawks winning this by 4+ via my numbers. Minor 'fuckery' also a factor in not playing the spread...

Thanks fellas.

Had a good weekend. Nice to start the playoffs on a mini-heater after a snakebit and somewhat cursed regular season.

Favs rolled, coaches sucked as did the refs but that's to become accepted in today's NFL.

Next weeks looks intriguing. Some good games ahead.

Back