Wild Card Round: What Are We Learning?

I don’t like to be reactionary after one game but Bills going to beat kc. I’d say bills going to super bowl but titans played hell of a game against them once and do think that has makings of a great game.

Wish cincy woulda scored more tds down there, woulda gotten them more love. Titans front will take that oline apart. Never bought raiders and their 23rd in league sack rate doing it. On the other hand I watched this titans dline take apart rams good line and some others, I think all the games they play will be a nightmare for cincy, they cone right up the gut, not just off the edge. Whole different ball game against a very good coached defensive team. Plus titans will shove this thing done cincy throat. You see those holes jacobs had? Raiders just couldn’t stick w run enough cause way the game played out, you know titans will rush it 35+ times!!

Titans/bills for all the afc marbles!!

Last edited:
I don’t like to be reactionary after one game but Bills going to beat kc. I’d say bills going to super bowl but titans played hell of a game against them once and do think that has makings of a great game.

Wish cincy woulda scored more tds down there, woulda gotten them more love. Titans front will take that oline apart. Never bought raiders and their 23rd in league sack rate doing it. On the other hand I watched this titans dline take apart rams good line and some others, I think all the games they play will be a nightmare for cincy, they cone right up the gut, not just off the edge. Whole different ball game against a very good coached defensive team. Plus titans will shove this thing done cincy throat. You see those holes jacobs had? Raiders just couldn’t stick w run enough cause way the game played out, you know titans will rush it 35+ times!!

Titans/bills for all the afc marbles!!
I’m trying not to overreact to that Bills win either, but holt crap. What a performance. If they can continue to run the ball like that, watch out.

I’m trying not to overreact to that Bills win either, but holt crap. What a performance. If they can continue to run the ball like that, watch out.

I’ve thought singietary and run game been way better last month. I just don’t think kc on their level when you take both sides the ball into account. The bills d was built to handle kc, not power run teams (that why I think titans could beat them), losing that corner might hurt but I’m little concerned hill hurt, I have no idea what he did to his foot in warmups of donks game But he didn’t look right at all in game! Kinda shocked he played. We see this week but I got feeling it might be a bigger issue than they letting on. I hope kc looks good but they prob won’t, then everyone be on bills in same reactionary fashion as me, lol.

Yeah don't overreact, downfall of Wild Card weekend.

That said I think Bills and Titans are the best 2 in the conference. But I also think NE was as fraud as it gets and given a pass because of the coach.

Next week will be healthiest titans have been since week 1. I do expect lots of points in these afc games tho but it’s a must the titans pass rush gets home. Can’t let burrow sit there all day w the weapons he has downfield. Titans formula is simple. Run heavy w the king and foreman and play action to AJ and Julio.

Next week will be healthiest titans have been since week 1. I do expect lots of points in these afc games tho but it’s a must the titans pass rush gets home. Can’t let burrow sit there all day w the weapons he has downfield. Titans formula is simple. Run heavy w the king and foreman and play action to AJ and Julio.

Never thought I’d be so high on them to possibly make the SB but think everything setting up really well for them. The dline should abuse cincy oline, they better! Just as important the offense needs to do its job and limit Burrow chances which I think they will. Real curios what line gonna be? Gotta think less than 7 but prob more than 4?

We are continuing to learn that its over for Bellichick. He was so desperate to prove that he could win without Brady that he gave up a Hall of Famer to go with Cam and now Mac and he must realize what a mistake it was. Watching New England not only lose but get embarrassed especially in that cold weather was beyond enjoyable.

Jalen Hurts is a Lamar Jackson starter kit. Both are athletic, elusive and very good runners. But they can't read defenses and struggle to make throws that most pros should make.

I'm sure the fawning over Jackson will continue, for some reason.

Jalen Hurts is a Lamar Jackson starter kit. Both are athletic, elusive and very good runners. But they can't read defenses and struggle to make throws that most pros should make.

I think it will as long as LJ continues to get better at reading defenses and making throws outside the hash marks. Those have historically been his killers, but he's steadily been improving there. The problem he has obviously is durability. I don't know if I look at Hurts that way. I think Hurts is a little bit of a faux running QB. He can do it while he's still young, and he can move. But I don't think that holds up as well for him as it has for Lamar, Watson, Murray, etc. I think Hurts needs to get better at being a passer. His decisions need to be quicker and he needs to trust them more. He can still move, but right now he feels I little like Baker Mayfield to me and I don't like it.

In other news ....

There was a note this week about the teams with the worst YPG differential in the playoffs. After today, I'm going to assume that you can guess which two teams were at the very bottom of that list. Here's a hint, they were both from PA.

Interesting to note, only one team with a positive YPG number on the year lost today (Dallas) and they did so to the team directly above them in those standings.

To that point, there are only two teams left in the playoffs with negative YPG numbers on the year: Tenny and LAR. The other four all lost this weekend. And the lower you went on that list, the less competitive the game.

And the team with by far the best YPG number on the year: AZ.

Someone in the in-game yesterday (Lex, maybe?) mentioned that he thought the playoffs are when you'd see the Bills show up. I think that's right. Both Buffalo and KC (after the first quarter) seem to have clicked it into gear. And, like Buffalo, TB didn't have to wait for the first quarter to end, they were ready to go from the opening kick.

Bad news for TB will be those injuries on the OL. Good news for TB is they get a home game next week.

Bad news for SF will be those injuries. Worse news for SF is they don't get a home game, they get to go to Lambeau at night.

Bad news for Dallas is Mike McCarthy is still their head football coach.

Bad news for Pittsburgh is they waited until it was too late to figure out a plan for what to do after Ben retires.

I'm sure there will be threads on the matchups, but one thing I think we learned this week is that in the NFL's mad dash for a cash-grab, this playoff format may change Wild Card weekend from a dog + under show. It looks very much like you're going to have at least one 7 vs. 2 mismatch every year. There was all this talk about how Pitt wasn't getting any respect and that line was the biggest playoff line in however long, but look at the score. Hell, look at the game.

Same with the Eagles, much as I hate to say it. That matchup was horrible for them. And I think that continues.

I mentioned last week when the draw came out that what I really wanted to see was Philly go to LA. But what that gets at more than anything is those teams at seven are probably only going to have one or two opponents that they can hang with.

Just something to think about going forward.

pssshhh.. hurts cant hold lamar jock in the athletic or creativity with his playmaking department. you can say what you will bout lamar as a pure passer but he has proven he can win games vs real teams, i dunno how long he last but this comparison is so disrespectful and off base it not even funny..

We continue to learn that McCarthy is just an awful coach who I fully expect to be let go this week. Jones almost certainly would have wanted Kellen Moore to be the replacement but thats probably out the window after that disastrous ending to their season.

We continue to learn that McCarthy is just an awful coach who I fully expect to be let go this week. Jones almost certainly would have wanted Kellen Moore to be the replacement but thats probably out the window after that disastrous ending to their season.

I don’t like mccarthy but think everyone being a bit harsh over the ending, I’d be far more annoyed with the fact his team didn’t seem ready to play!! Far as the ending again I think perpetration the bigger problem, hoody teams practice that shit over and over so every little detail right and nobody makes mistakes when the heat is on in real time!!

Funny how your opinion soured on Moore, I been skeptical of him but thought the play calling on that last drive was impressive!!! My guess is they had a play in the 20-30 yard range they really loved and that draw was set up to get them there, I thought it was creative and slick, the execution was just awful!!!

Let’s be real tho, it was a joke they were even in that spot, Jimmy g fuck ups, shanny being a coward, and refs acting crazy all conspired to give Dallas a last second drive to help out the ever important tv ratings that I’m sure took a hit in 4th qrtr of most the games this weekend!! lol. Would have been a travesty had Dallas actually won, the better team is moving on!!!

Was there a single PI called this weekend?

Penalties by game: 7, 8, 8, 14 (Bengals/Raiders).........23!

I mentioned in a thread before the games that the head ref in the Cowboys/Niners game was the one that had called the most penalties out of the six on the season. But holy shit! The Cowboys to a great degree survive on talent over game plan, or smarts. And that means they're going to be more chaotic than most teams. They need latitude in officiating, sorry to say. And they certainly weren't getting any yesterday. I don't see them changing their stripes any time soon. From ownership on down, a button down approach is just not in their nature.

I don’t like mccarthy but think everyone being a bit harsh over the ending, I’d be far more annoyed with the fact his team didn’t seem ready to play!! Far as the ending again I think perpetration the bigger problem, hoody teams practice that shit over and over so every little detail right and nobody makes mistakes when the heat is on in real time!!

Funny how your opinion soured on Moore, I been skeptical of him but thought the play calling on that last drive was impressive!!! My guess is they had a play in the 20-30 yard range they really loved and that draw was set up to get them there, I thought it was creative and slick, the execution was just awful!!!

Let’s be real tho, it was a joke they were even in that spot, Jimmy g fuck ups, shanny being a coward, and refs acting crazy all conspired to give Dallas a last second drive to help out the ever important tv ratings that I’m sure took a hit in 4th qrtr of most the games this weekend!! lol. Would have been a travesty had Dallas actually won, the better team is moving on!!!
I didn't think much of Kellen Moore before that game but there were rumors that Jerry was very high on him and he would be the guy if they moved on from McCarthy.

I didn't think much of Kellen Moore before that game but there were rumors that Jerry was very high on him and he would be the guy if they moved on from McCarthy.

There a lot the league high on him it sounds like, I just don’t see it like they do, but wtf do I know? I do know Jerry will lose him sooner than later if he doesn’t promote,, someone gonna screw up and make him head coach.

There a lot the league high on him it sounds like, I just don’t see it like they do, but wtf do I know? I do know Jerry will lose him sooner than later if he doesn’t promote,, someone gonna screw up and make him head coach.
Sounds a lot like how Garrett got hired and how he kept his job as long as he did.

Gonna need a way better effort in 4th from Pels or I’m staring at 1st bad day w nba sides. I know Knicks ain’t coming back, lol.

Back