• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Why an AP Title is Not out Reach or Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole on Everyone

Dude, did you watch the Vandy game? They were beating up on Vandy until the 4th Q, when the Dores got both of their TDs. Lets not get carried away with this looking like shit stuff, especially since Vandy is better than half the teams in the PAC 10.

The Georgia game is one of those games. It's emotional, and shit happens. Again, those were late TDs given up, Florida was really in little danger of losing this game.

The only game they looked "bad" in was @ Auburn, a game I thought they were going to win even late into the second half. Leak (who is the clear weakness of the team) killed any shot at that with poor decision after poor decision in the 2h.

Florida has played one of the tougher schedules so far, and finishes out against USC and F$U, who are both no joke. If they win those and beat either Arky or Auburn in the revenge game in the SEC championship, they deserve a shot if Louisville gets knocked off before the end of the year. No doubt.

Yes I watched the Vanderbilt game a team whose wins Div 1-A teams are Georgia, Temple, and Duke. It wasn't just that one game Florida has the worst offense in the top 10 outside of Auburn. They are ranked around 50th n scoring offense while everyone else is in the top 15.

I haven't been impressed with the SEC offenses this year except for Tenn.

J Galt said:
Dude, did you watch the Vandy game? They were beating up on Vandy until the 4th Q, when the Dores got both of their TDs. Lets not get carried away with this looking like shit stuff, especially since Vandy is better than half the teams in the PAC 10.

The Georgia game is one of those games. It's emotional, and shit happens. Again, those were late TDs given up, Florida was really in little danger of losing this game.

The only game they looked "bad" in was @ Auburn, a game I thought they were going to win even late into the second half. Leak (who is the clear weakness of the team) killed any shot at that with poor decision after poor decision in the 2h.

Florida has played one of the tougher schedules so far, and finishes out against USC and F$U, who are both no joke. If they win those and beat either Arky or Auburn in the revenge game in the SEC championship, they deserve a shot if Louisville gets knocked off before the end of the year. No doubt.

Um vandy actually had more first downs than florida. and yes i watched the whole entire game. Florida looked miserable in the second half against uga.Florida has a ton of playmakers but check leaks numbers the past few and you will see how much they are struggling. THis team isnt clicking at all right now. It looks like the same gimmick offense who struggled to score touchdowns in sec games last year. Take away the the 34 against s miss and 42 against c fl.. and you will see how overrated their offense is yet again. How can you say vandy is better than the pac 10 teams? On what basis, i would say thats what bowl games are for but vandy wont be there to prove that point :drink:

SHSUHorn said:
Yes I watched the Vanderbilt game a team whose wins Div 1-A teams are Georgia, Temple, and Duke. It wasn't just that one game Florida has the worst offense in the top 10 outside of Auburn. They are ranked around 50th n scoring offense while everyone else is in the top 15.

:cheers: Im an sec guy .. but not an sec homer.. U saw what usc did twice to a supposedly solid arkansas defense. The reason sec defenses get so much credit is becuz they dont face any real offenses. Auburn looks horrid. Cox has been miserable this year.
UGA's defense got exposed against wvu. Floridas D would get exposed if they played texas. I agree Tenny is the only team when healthy who has good balance. LSU has the playmakers but for some reason doesnt always connect.

Florida in their last 4 games has been outgained in 3 of them. The 5th game, they outgained a lousy alabama team by 7 yards. This offense isnt that good. Sorry to bust your bubble

abcs said:
:cheers: Im an sec guy .. but not an sec homer.. U saw what usc did twice to a supposedly solid arkansas defense. The reason sec defenses get so much credit is becuz they dont face any real offenses. Auburn looks horrid. Cox has been miserable this year.
UGA's defense got exposed against wvu. Floridas D would get exposed if they played texas. I agree Tenny is the only team when healthy who has good balance. LSU has the playmakers but for some reason doesnt always connect.

Florida in their last 4 games has been outgained in 3 of them. The 5th game, they outgained a lousy alabama team by 7 yards. This offense isnt that good. Sorry to bust your bubble

Bro out of your 5 million posts on here that is the single best post I've ever seen you post. I agree 100%. I love their defenses but man watching some of these games on CBS kills me especially on offense.

ahitspat said:
hahahah rj that aggie pic is hilarious. too bad our coach is actually dumber than that kid looks....

Did you read the Batt today? I wrote one to mail call today, if you see one about covering spreads, that's mine :hairout: Fuck francione, pussy :down:

Florida's lack of offense hasn't just been noticed by fans of those teams that can score (e.g., Texas), but also by the Florida Fan Blog EveryDayShouldBeSaturday.com.

In their weekly Blogpoll, which they contribute to along with fan blogs from around the country, EDSBS.com name Texas the best one loss team and #3 in the country:

BLOGPOLL DRAFT: WEEK 11

It really does get worse every week: the more evidence we get, the more inept we look trying to pile it into some comprehensible order that can be defended with “fuck off, you try doing this shit !”

With that, our Blogpoll draft for week eleven. Someone brain it with a shovel before it squirms into the wild. Notes and clarifications of a sort follow:

RankTeamDelta1Ohio State— 2Michigan— 3Texas— 4California
arrow_up.gif
1 5Louisville
arrow_up.gif
1 6Florida
arrow_up.gif
3 7Southern Cal
arrow_up.gif
3 8Arkansas
arrow_up.gif
8 9Auburn
arrow_down.gif
1 10Notre Dame
arrow_up.gif
1 11West Virginia
arrow_down.gif
4 12Tennessee
arrow_down.gif
8 13Rutgers
arrow_up.gif
2 14LSU
arrow_up.gif
8 15Wake Forest
arrow_up.gif
5 16Oregon
arrow_up.gif
5 17Oklahoma
arrow_up.gif
2 18Wisconsin
arrow_down.gif
5 19Georgia Tech
arrow_down.gif
5 20Maryland
arrow_up.gif
6 21Clemson
arrow_down.gif
3 22Nebraska
arrow_up.gif
4 23Boston College
arrow_down.gif
11 24Brigham Young
arrow_up.gif
2 25Boise State—
Dropped Out: Texas A&M (#17), Virginia Tech (#23), Missouri (#24).
Notes

1. The Big Ten Bolus doesn’t move: OSU or UM’s up there, and no one budges for two weeks barring completely unforseeable football cataclysm. Toss in Texas as best one-loss team, and there’s some sanity at 1-3.

2. Cal at 4. Straight up destroying people and benefits from Early Season Loss Rule. (Memory so…short…did they lose? Who was that to…YAY! CANDY BOWL LOVE CANDY YUM!)

3. Louisville’s defense performed elegant Tai Chi around West Virginia’s runners all night last Thursday; kudos to them for nourishing their spirit and their body simultaneously. That also gives up five hundred plus in total offense, too; take out the TOs, and it’s another Arena Ball Special. Thus, Cal above them.

4. Florida at five. Offensive decline makes this very jittery pickings indeed.

5. USC whips legless dog Stanford up a few lines in the polls, so they still show they are capable of wrath, which is good for them. Likely still too high here, but watch your polls because popping up down there is…

6. Arkansas, who lost by four zillion points to USC. Some margins seem rational to forgive on losses–see Auburn/Florida here–but Arkansas just got mangled by USC. And Arky beat…

7. Auburn, who has taken a month off since Florida and is rolling in the warm, healing mud of Buffalo, Tulane, and Arkansas State. Sequencing matters; thus, late season cookie binge gets punished.

8. Notre Dame’s settled in at the ten spot. Bought some nice stuff at IKEA. Did a little painting. Bought a rug or two. Made Joe Dailey look competent. Ten’s nice and comfy, don’t you think?

9. West Virginia tumbles because despite having a DB named John Holmes they get no penetration on defense. Tennessee gets the karma boomerang courtesy of their home stunner victim last year, LSU, who gets a moderate bump because they beat Jonathan Crompton, not Erik Ainge. Tennessee would have won with Ainge. We say that not only because we think that, but also to torture the souls of Tennessee fans bingeing on hypotheticals today. Because we’re like that, you know.

10. Wake Forest says “Move, bitch.” This alone should make you prepare to steal all those unoccupied cars that’ll be rolling into trees and apartment buildings when the Rapture comes.

The rest, as usual, is a mess. Gouge away.

SHSUHorn said:
Sorry I don't think a Tim Tebow sneak will work against some of the big boys in the top 5 with stout DLs. Especially when everyone in the stadium knows he's gonna run the ball.

Well I knew he was going to run it vs Auburn and LSU and neither one of em could stop him...

Not sure the big boys D Lines are miles above those two...

SHSUHorn said:

How about the Big 12 offenses? Who are you impressed with out of that bunch (besides the obvious)?

Or, better question, waht about the Big 12 defenses? How many of those would you consider even adequate?

I guess we could be here for years debating this.

Why don't you guys go read the Florida boards and go see what their own fans think of their offense. Its not good.

I look at the matchups and I think Florida and Auburn would get beat by Michigan, tOSU, USC and Texas (means Texas has a month to heal all its injuries) if they played in a bowl game.

B.A.R. said:
Reagardless, Michigan and tOSU should both be in Glendale regardless of the 18th..unless its a blowout.

:smiley_acbe:

Plus Texas would not jump a 1 loss OSU team if UM beats them

I agree, the only way to settle this would be on the field, and since we don't have a playoff for some stupid ass reason, that isn't happening and we'll never know.

I can understand the frustration of Florida fans with the offense because they are absolutely fucking loaded with talent and should be playing better than they are. However, I think they are a bit spoiled in that their team is excellent overall and they are wanting to see the blowouts week in and week out that OSU, Texas, and even Boise are giving to the inferior teams on their schedule. They are winning all of their games and should be undefeated now, as that moron Leak really choked up and killed them in an Auburn game in which I thought they were the better team (and I was on Aubbie). Bottom line is that besides the second half of that game, the offense has gotten it done and pulled out games this year. Because they don't blow out Georgia and Vandy means that they are somehow less than Texas, who RUTS's against Baylor and SHSU? I never have been, and never will be, of that mindset, because that thinking is why everyone took Miami over OSU in the natty championship game a couple years back. We saw how that one worked out.

I find it ironic that we're even having this conversation about 1 loss teams when we both know that if not for a really lucky break, Texas would be a 2 loss team right now. How does that factor in when comparing these teams?

Back