Who's your Heisman favorite?

ok lets look at the stats ... and remember while the pac 10 was every bit as good as the big 12 in 2005 it was because of the offenses ... there is no doubt that better defense was being played in the big 12.

reggie bush

rushes 200 yards 1740 avg/carry 8.7 16 td

receptions 37 yards 478 avg/rec 12.9 td 2

vince young

rushes 155 yards 1050 avg 6.8 td 12

comp 212 attempts 325 comp perc 65.2 yards 3036 avg/att 9.3 td 26 int10

to make the point even more emphatically than the empirical data , look at leinarts heisman winning stats

2004 matt leinart

comp 269 att 412 yards 3322 perc 65.3 yards/att 8.06 td 33 int 6

rushes 49 yards -44 avg/carry -0.9 td 3

ARE YOU KIDDING ?!?!

young has arguably the greatest season in the history of cfb.
The man rushed for over 1000 and threw for over 3000 while leading his team to a national championship.
In addition, Texas was putting most teams away early and he was sitting in the fourth quarter

Not to mention young is not currently under investigation by the ncaa.

i think i could also put up some stats that one could use to argue that Bush didn't even have the best year at the rb position on his own team.
The guy had flash , no doubt ... but where ws his substance ? hell he wasn't even on the field for the most important offensive play of the entire 2005 season.

good shit :tiphat:

Jimmy Clausen

:boff:

emu.jpg

take rashard off ILLY we are no where near the record we have right now. that is if heisman means most valuable player to his team.

same goes for woodson in kentucky

take rashard off ILLY we are no where near the record we have right now. that is if heisman means most valuable player to his team.

same goes for woodson in kentucky

There are many guys in this country this year you can say that about..no doubt..

Woodson...sans those bonehead plays in Columbia would be front-runner no doubt

Oh yeah...my real pick at this point in the season is Crabtree (if the numbers continue to pile up as they have).

Realistically, who do I think will win it? Matt Ryan.

:cheers:

To cap off the VY-Bush debate, Reggie won it when on FSN he had 619 total yards and was the only reason Fresno State did not upset his team. I have never seen a back control a game like he did. And people forget that former heisman winners vote and since more RB win the award, its likely they voted Bush over Young. Anyway, this years winner, and it relies on his team being undefeated big 10 champs is mike hart. Their is not great player on a great team this year, nor a great player who should have won it last year, so Hart being Michigan's all time rushing everything probably gets enough votes. He has always been over 100 yards and really, the App St lose looks much better know that teams like USC and OKL have lost to bad teams as well. Top 5:
Mike Hart
Andre Woodson
Matt Ryan
Graham Harell
Tim Tebow

1. Woodson -Huge reason why UK is successful and can continue to be. Guy is really talented.

2. Ryan -Doing a nice job, but in a weak conference.

2. Hart -great running back. But I can pick a handful of backs from around the country, send em to AA to run behind UM's line and they would duplicate his season. He has a TON of heart though. What a competitor.

4. Crabtree -system

OMFG People - are we joking after 64 posts???? I read about Ryan and Crabtree (lol) and about the Heisman race from 2 years ago...

Why on earth would someon, and I mean anyone.....Not bring up Matt Grothe???????????

Grothe > Ryan and his team is higher in the BCS......USF would kick the shit outta BC right now if they played neutral field....USF is no joke, and hes the Offensive STAR on one of the elite teams in the country right now.....And I simply cannot wait to see him prove it to the world Thursday night.

OMFG People - are we joking after 64 posts???? I read about Ryan and Crabtree (lol) and about the Heisman race from 2 years ago...

Why on earth would someon, and I mean anyone.....Not bring up Matt Grothe???????????

Grothe > Ryan and his team is higher in the BCS......USF would kick the shit outta BC right now if they played neutral field....USF is no joke, and hes the Offensive STAR on one of the elite teams in the country right now.....And I simply cannot wait to see him prove it to the world Thursday night.

WORD...too bad he will lose out to a bigger name. He's not even in the Big East commercials right? Aren't those just Smith, Slayton, Brohm, and Rice??

Space Geauxst---

You claim Crabtree is a product of the system. Tech's offense throws the ball a lot.

Michigan's offense runs the ball a lot. Why is Mike Hart not a product of the system?

Every offense is a system/scheme.

Aqib Talib

cool name, two way player, shut-down corner, prob would win the award if it was for the most underrated or unknown player in country

Man, I forgot about Grothe.

Re Crabtree, that's why I said what I said about getting other guys and duplicating what Hart does.

To me it's Woodson's to lose. But apparently we should give it to Vince Young to make up for it or Reggie Bush because he was so completely awesome.

Grothe doesn't have the numbers though..he has 1100 yds and 7 TD's I think..300 yds rushing and 4TDS..

Todd Boeckman has comparable numbers w/ 1400 yds passing and 16 TDs playing less snaps...

If Bush doesn't fumble a lateral and Young doesn't make "the run" to the right in Rose Bowl, point is moot..

both were great players....

SHit, many thought Bush deserved it the year that Leinart won it the year before.

Seriously, other than that US thing, Japan had a great WWII.

Other than that last supper thing, Jesus had it made. Son of God and all, y'know.

In all seriousness the only thing I will say about this whole Bush debate is in the most important game of the year for all the marbles Reggie Bush was the 4th best player on his own offense behind White, Jarrett, and Leinart.

A Heisman winner if your the best player in the country shouldn't be sitting on the sidelines on 4th and 2 in the most important play of the season unless your hurt which Bush wasn't.

Bush won the Heisman because that is all ESPN would talk about. Jesus they proclaimed them the greatest team to ever play and deicated a daily show about it before they even won the title.

I'll leave it alone at that.

This is going to be the ugliest Heisman winner in awhile.

My vote is going to Dennis Dixon now. Ryan was horrible in that VT game untill the end.

It seems its going to be those two.

Same here Horn. If Dixon keeps this up I think hes the favorite. Ryan had his heisman moment at VT but played like shit the other 56 minutes.

1.Dixon
2.Ryan
3.Woodson
4.Tebow
5.Pat White

Matt Ryan...if his line gives him time. They sucked against that Va Tech 3man/QB Spy.

If Knowshon Moreno keeps running the way he does, he'll get one before he leaves UGA.

Maybe Colt Brennan should get it. His team is undefeated and he's got some numbers (even with the injury).

Maybe we should give the heisman to the uconn referees. They personally accounted for uconn wins over louisville, temple and usf.

Maybe we should give the heisman to the uconn referees. They personally accounted for uconn wins over louisville, temple and usf.

Some of the calls this year...how about that ASU game last week, on the punt, and fumble is overturned by an inadvertent whistle? Then the Wake Forest/FSU game...those guys SUCKED too; they changed a call like 3 times and were enforcing the penalty on the wrong team??? They could make a lowlight real of ref screw-ups this season. Makes me think about the 5th down for Colorado. The calls have seriously favored UConn (esp. the fair catch), just like that one did the Buffaloes.

I guess it's helped some people make plays, but if the refs are making these calls for their own benefit, it sucks for the game. Are the refs just this awful? What are some opinions on the percentage of refs who are involved in gambling, in college football?

Its gotta be Matt Ryan or Dennis Dixon base on who finishes the season better.

Back