Whoever suggests a bet on Indiana -4 in Milwaukee tonight...

Just read through this thread and had a few thoughts.....I played the Pacers (-3.5) for the 2nd half last night and watched the entire game. For those who feel that the 76ers played their "best" game of the year you are mistaken. Phili had predictable scoring droughts and sloppy play but the Pacers never took advantge. Someone pointed out that the PAcers shot to many 3's and that is 100% spot on. Players were missing layups and gimmes all over the place or jacking up ill-advised 3 pointers early in the shot clock. With 3 minutes left in the game the Pacers had possession up 2 points and Troy Murphy clanked a 3 pointer off the back rim with 15 seconds left on the shot clock that lead to a transition bucket the other way. My problem with the Pacers are two fold.....1) they don't care......it was obvious from last night there was a lack of a cohesive effort and concentration. For those who talk about the size advantage tonight, I watched Danny Granger miss point blank layups and floaters with mismatches (pg and sg swithing ended up covering him posted up under the basket) all over the court. The team seemed to just be going through the motions...Carslile who is usually an intense coach seemed to be apathetic as well (in terms of not calling timeouts to rip into players through bad stretches or horrible shot selection) 2) secondly the whole Warriors-Pacers dynamic is terrible....Dunleavy and Murphy killed them last night with poor shot selection and general soft play. Murphy played well in the 4th quarter but was actaully benched to start the 3rd because of how bad he was in the 1st half. Dunleavy is on of the most overrated playes in the league and I am dumbfounded how he gets the # of minutes he does. Anyways, to conlude, the Pacers beat themselves last night and have the potential to do it again.....would I bet Milk.....NO...I'd more likely take the Florida Gators starting 5 over what the Bucks are running with, but the Pacers are officially a NO-BET for me for the remainder of this season. That being said, I'll root for them to cover as it seems a majority of the bettors here are buying their line. Just some thoughts...BOL ALL

Back