Whoever suggests a bet on Indiana -4 in Milwaukee tonight...

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Should get banned by CTG.

What they did in Philly just shows how spineless, clueless and sorry ass this team really is. This isn't a losing bet talking here, I did lose 8 units on them, but I had a winning day (+0.7 I think :D :an_roll_laugh: ) but the fact they NEEDED this game, they had perfect opposition to achieve it, Philly even chokes in the last 4 minutes....BUT NO.

Indiana has to shoot a 3 pointer on every possession. Shooting like what, 30%?

That says enough really.

Indiana Pacers are losers. And if someone offered +4 instead of -4 tomorrow in Milwaukee, I wouldn't take it. They're just too clueless.

:shake: :moose:

Pacers matchup a lot better with the Fucks it would be sad if they cant beat MIL

ban :D

really guys, does this come down to matchups? Shooting bricks all night, that comes down to matchups? 30% FG?

Losing to a team that has nothing (or very little) to play for and is missing a few of it's crucial men. I'm not a guy who bets against the injuries, that's the most stupid thing you can do in regular season. Or ever. Bet against the injuries. But at THIS POINT OF THE SEASON, it's squares that win. You can try to be sharp and pick Memphis or Atlanta and act like you're so above everything else, but the fact is there are better plays on the card. Play like Indiana in Philly tonight.

I know Indiana had trouble against Hunter and Dalembert in the inside, and MIL doesn't have Villanueva, Bogut, Skinner, etc...
But I honestly think I should have listened to my gut saying Indiana were done 2 weeks ago.

I dont think you can judge a team by 1 game. Indiana shot probably their worst all year, and Sixers FOR SURE played their best game of the season. It's only 1 game.

I think the pacers against the Bucks is a much better bet than the Sixers .. look at the Sixers last few games, they were dangerous. The Bucks have lost 9/10 .. I really don't think the two teams are comparable. The only reason I wouldn't bet on the Pacers is if I think they won't still be motivated for the playoffs, but I don't think thats true, and even with the Hawks win, the Bucks need to keep losing to secure the 3rd spot. The public will most likely be on the Bucks in Milwaukee also, so kick me out now .. I'm almost definetly going to be on Indy.

Matchups? Come on cakeoff these guys are worthless. I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 3 tomorrow, win by 1 on a defensive tip in by Skinner or lose by 30. In all reality if Tinsely isn't playing I won't play them again this year. If he does play, well I probably won't play them again this year.

I dont think you can judge a team by 1 game. Indiana shot probably their worst all year, and Sixers FOR SURE played their best game of the season. It's only 1 game.

Hilarious that you think that's the best game the Sixers have played all year.

Ok. First: I'm not handy, I won't call anyone an idiot for betting a game, so honestly, if you feel they're a good buy tomorrow, who am I to stop you?

But you can't possibly say this was the best Sixers game all season, what are they, Grizzlies? They had a nice run going earlier in March, they had plenty of solid games against better teams than Indiana.

As for the Pacers, why do you think I'm only talking about this game? In the past month I've seen them choke away several games in the stupidest fashion ever.
While I rarely see what they had right after the GSW trade, the versatility, determination, good chemistry..etc..
It lasted for a couple of weeks, then it's back to mediocrity.

fuck no i dont wanna bet medium or big on them laying 4 if you think that its either a small bet from me or nothing ill play a JO prop tomorrow

The public will most likely be on the Bucks in Milwaukee also, so kick me out now .. I'm almost definetly going to be on Indy.
Why do you think the public will be on a depleted team that just lost 9 out of 10 matches against a team that is still in playoff contention (theoretically)?

Matchups? Come on cakeoff these guys are worthless. I wouldn't be surprised if they win by 3 tomorrow, win by 1 on a defensive tip in by Skinner or lose by 30. In all reality if Tinsely isn't playing I won't play them again this year. If he does play, well I probably won't play them again this year.

Indy has a ridiculous matchup advantage .. who stops O'neal? Gadzuric?!? Look at the Bucks last game, Patterson (6'5'') was the power forward, and Indy will start 4 guys over 6'9''. The more I type, the more I like Indy .. the Sixers would absolutely crush the Bucks team that is playing now

Well JO is the one guy that probably still gives a damn about the season so I can't hate on that play.

people worry about the public so much its either a good bet or not 90% were on magic last night they won in a blowout

Why do you think the public will be on a depleted team that just lost 9 out of 10 matches against a team that is still in playoff contention (theoretically)?

Just because the team that lost to the Sixers (who have an awful rep for some reason) is laying 4pts on the road. I think people who bet on the Pacers tonight will be fading them tomorrow .. I don't think you will be betting the Bucks but a less "enlightened square" may not be as self-controlled.

Last edited:
public was on the Knicks today was that the reason "sharps" took the bulls no they took them if you looked at brewer thread great reasoning

Indy has a ridiculous matchup advantage .. who stops O'neal? Gadzuric?!? Look at the Bucks last game, Patterson (6'5'') was the power forward, and Indy will start 4 guys over 6'9''. The more I type, the more I like Indy .. the Sixers would absolutely crush the Bucks team that is playing now

I'm not sure I care if they start five seven footers at the moment. They just keep hoisting up the 3 ball and refuse to move the ball. Ton of one on one shit. They all want to be the hero and it's killing them. In reality if Tinsley was to play I might entertain the idea of the Pacers.

people think Tinley garbage i dont know why hes underrated IMO and he wouldnt of lost to bums tonight

My question is, do they really want to extend their season another 4 games when they know its for nought?

I think we all know the answer. That team died the moment they made those trades.

Yea, if they're planning on not taking advantage of the height differential then of course I wouldn't play that, but I'm going to assume they will .. it's a pretty extreme difference

people worry about the public so much its either a good bet or not 90% were on magic last night they won in a blowout

Yeah, I agree. I don't care about that crap. Two things with this public betting or being on the fade.

1)There are no dependable sources about who the public are on and with how much

2)Fading the public at all time sounds like betting the last dog on a sunday card.

How about analyzing the games individually and determining by YOURSELF what the bet should be, regardless of the public, fuck the public.

Well JO is the one guy that probably still gives a damn about the season so I can't hate on that play.

I agree. I cannot hate the huge inside advantage here, and I cannot hate the Pacers having theoretical chances of going through. I can still hate something :D.

ATLHawksBandwagon said:
Just because the team that lost to the Sixers (who have an awful rep for some reason) is laying 4pts on the road. I think people who bet on the Pacers tonight will be fading them tonight .. I don't think you will be betting the Bucks but a less "enlightened square" may not be as self-controlled.

Self controlled? What does that have to do with it? You're not saying the public will bet on the Bucks tomorrow out of anger :D?

Nah man I disagree. They won't be on an injury hit team (SEVERELY INJURY HIT), that has their bags packed, destination Malibu or Bahamas, against a team in playoff contention, this team cannot possibly get huge love from the public, not that I care about them getting it or not, but my educated guess is, the public doesn't function that way.

public was on the Knicks today was that the reason "sharps" took the bulls no they took them if you looked at brewer thread great reasoning

I didn't read a single thing or even research the Bulls play. I only saw a -13 posted and knew either it was the Bulls or nothing. The books will tell you alot if you stop and think about it. The -4 vs the -3.5 (without AI) tells you alot about the Pacers game tonight. I'm thinking they expect the Pacers to cover.

My question is, do they really want to extend their season another 4 games when they know its for nought?

I think we all know the answer. That team died the moment they made those trades.

That's the biggest question, because even though their reason for tanking isn't as obvious as Milwaukee, Bos, or ATL ... they still lose their draft pick to the Hawks if they don't get in the top 10 .. they're kind of in no mans land right now. Despite that, I think they still shoot for the playoffs

I seem to be in disagreement with a lot of posts on this thread :D :D.

How can they "NOT WANT" to reach postseason? Not only is that their season goal, it means at least 2 more home games, more playing time for the players...

Even though it is harder now to expect an 8th seed to leap over the 1st seed since Stern introduced best of 7 in all series, but you cannot expect them to say oh well, we'll roll over, we can't be champs this year.

Look at the Clipps, Hornets, Warriors. Are they going to be champs ? Yet they're fighting like hell to reach that 8th spot.

Self controlled? What does that have to do with it? You're not saying the public will bet on the Bucks tomorrow out of anger :D?

Haha, kind of, would you have made this thread if the Pacers were up all game and got moosed at the end rather than playing like shit the whole game?? I doubt it. I think people who bet on them tonight will bet against them laying 4 on the road tomorrow because they were disgusted tonight, but I don't know, I'm not good at predicting line movement anyway. I just like the matchup combined with each teams completely opposite motivations.. Pacers want win for playoffs, Bucks want loss for shot at Durant

I would remind everyone that Indiana is now

Indiana is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
Indiana is 5-19 SU in its last 24 games
Indiana is 3-8-2 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
Indiana is 1-12 SU in its last 12 games on the road

The pacers still royally suck on the road, the Celtics had to TRY to lose to them a few days ago, and against the 76ers...I mean, this is uncanny.

Pacers were 3 for 20 from 3pt range.
Pacers took 98 shots and made 32 of them.
76ers took 67 shots and made 30 of them.

Pacers had 20 offensive rebounds. 76ers had 12.
76ers still managed to out-rebound the Pacers 51-50.

76ers had 11 turnovers, and Pacers had 6.

Philly took 2 3pters and made neither.

This is absolutely pathetic play. If this was the Hawks and the Bucks, well, it's bad, but okay........it's a team that if they could win a fucking game they'd be in the playoffs.

It is unbelievable how bad these guys are.

....I may have to take another day off.........

:down:

that was probably the best research i have ever put into a play. however, im pissed i bet it so poorly.

thanks tho.

That's the biggest question, because even though their reason for tanking isn't as obvious as Milwaukee, Bos, or ATL ... they still lose their draft pick to the Hawks if they don't get in the top 10 .. they're kind of in no mans land right now. Despite that, I think they still shoot for the playoffs

This is one thing that I've been noticing lately on boards that has really been bothering me and I don't mean to single you out on this as it really has nothing to do with you. More of the concept of it.

The players could care less about any draft pick. You think JO gives a shit if the Pacers get the 9th pick or don't get a pick at all? No fucking way. When speaking of tank jobs I'm always thinking about who's going to come up with a lame duck excuse for being injured. It's all about a coach/front office sabotage and rarely, if ever, about the players trying to lose on purpose. In reality no 2nd string guy for the Bucks would try to lose on purpose to the Pacers so they can get a higher draft pick. That guy who's drafted is only going to screw that 2nd string guy even more than he is now.

Just had to get that off my chest....continue on.

lmao at 2nd string guys tanking they're fighting for a roster spot or more PT next year

Haha, kind of, would you have made this thread if the Pacers were up all game and got moosed at the end rather than playing like shit the whole game?? I doubt it. I think people who bet on them tonight will bet against them laying 4 on the road tomorrow because they were disgusted tonight, but I don't know, I'm not good at predicting line movement anyway. I just like the matchup combined with each teams completely opposite motivations.. Pacers want win for playoffs, Bucks want loss for shot at Durant

listen bro. Sup bro. :D

I put up this thread, which costed me 2 mins of my time and that's an overstatement. Me posting up that thread doesn't imply that I would bet Milwaukee tomorrow.

betting is a different thing here, I don't be with my heart. Of course you can't completely rationalize everything, but you can avoid betting with your heart when you know you're doing it.

And me (or anyone) betting on MIL tomorrow would be betting on his heart. The fact I put up this thread doesn't mean that I think Milwaukee even deserves to be looked at here.

It's either Indy or nothing of course. In my case it will be nothing.

This is one thing that I've been noticing lately on boards that has really been bothering me and I don't mean to single you out on this as it really has nothing to do with you. More of the concept of it.

The players could care less about any draft pick. You think JO gives a shit if the Pacers get the 9th pick or don't get a pick at all? No fucking way. When speaking of tank jobs I'm always thinking about who's going to come up with a lame duck excuse for being injured. It's all about a coach/front office sabotage and rarely, if ever, about the players trying to lose on purpose. In reality no 2nd string guy for the Bucks would try to lose on purpose to the Pacers so they can get a higher draft pick. That guy who's drafted is only going to screw that 2nd string guy even more than he is now.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070410/SPORTS04/704100335/1088/SPORTS04

Hmm, I don't really know what to say. I guess your right, it doesn't really matter unless there is some ridiculous conspiracy to get Nick Fazekas or something, haha. Which WOULD fit into Bird's ultimate plan of getting every white shooter over 6'9'' on the Pacers before he retires (I can't believe he let Croschere go). You win .. but I think we can all agree that the Pacers will cover, right?

you should see some shit on some European boards. Some pricks there actually saying how the COACH will dump the season (that was a month ago) for better draft position, when I told him hey man, you can't be serious, he replied:

"what would you do if you were a coach, he's thinking about the future, trying to build a better team".

:an_roll_laugh:

We're talking month ago here.

I don't think you will be betting the Bucks

I didn't mean to say you were on them or act like you were thinking about playing them, I was just saying you were obviously disgusted with them tonight as I'm sure everyone else was as well, but I don't think that should matter against the Bucks since they really aren't comparable to the Sixers at this point.

I know, I'm just saying, I can put up a thread, but I can't bet on a team (or against one) for that reason.

History would change itself retroactively and Naismith would've invented a game similar to chess.

I think the Indy are worth another chance.. Tonight is the time though. They better show up or suck..

Agreed, I may just stick with the ML tonight, but if they lose this game, they won't cover any spread the rest of the year. This is it .. and I was definetly wrong about the movement on this game, its 4.5 already .. opps. As previously stated, I suck at predicting line movement

Hey Satyr it looks like you might be the only guy left here if they ban everyone on the Pacers. :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOL I'm watching the Weakest Link (Croatian version) quiz show, and the question just now was:

"In which league do San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons compete"?

:an_roll_laugh:

The woman got it right btw :D.

Back