Who Will Win 2020 CFB Title Futures Article

Let’s also analyze who Saban has beat in national titles.

Beat the Texas backup QB

Jordan Jefferson
Everett gholson

Desean by fluke with drake punt return.

Didn’t really beat any spectacular QBs on any win.

When Saban got matched up against any good pro QB who had talent on his team bama gives up 40 points every single time.

40 points despite having nfl players on defense.

It is what it is. Saban out recruited but is a terrible game day coach

I can’t imagine we’ll call anyone before him. And when momma calls, you listen. At this point he may stay with what he’s built and I can’t blame him. But it won’t be an easy decision for him
He's got a lot of time left. He loves his alma mater, but why be Ray Perkins when you can follow Ray Perkins?

He's got a lot of time left. He loves his alma mater, but why be Ray Perkins when you can follow Ray Perkins?

Yeah being the guy to follow THE GUY is always a tough move. Especially for our team. There will be people screaming to fire the next guy when he goes 10-2. Hell, there are crazies out there that want us to fire Nick now. 5 years ago, I'd say Dabo would walk to Tuscaloosa to be the coach. It's going to take a massive effort now, and even that may not be enough. No doubt that he's built something special there that doesn't look like it's slowing down. His love for the state and the school is the only reason we have a shot

I'll go chalk, Clemson wins it all though I wouldn't bet them simply because it's so hard to win back 2 back. Bama did it a few years ago, but super teams like Miami USC couldn't.
Nebraska did it capped by an epic 62-24 beatdown of Florida in the 1995 title game. Ineterengly, though, a year later the Florida Gators were the new national champs. No such luck for OU after getting whipped 55-19 by USC in the 2004 title game, but it didn't lead to a repeat for USC either.

Saban = Fossil - agree.

He went a whole year since he’s won the title.
Obviously, you make a good point. He has had great recent success right up to the game before last, but the trick is to see the trend before others do. And I'm perfectly happy to listen to Sammy make his case.

I can’t imagine we’ll call anyone before him. And when momma calls, you listen. At this point he may stay with what he’s built and I can’t blame him. But it won’t be an easy decision for him
Another problem for you is that what he's built now includes a gigantic house in the horse pasture on Clarendon Drive, just completed this year. It's got lots of extra rooms for former players to stay in when they come back for games or whatever. It doesn't suggest much chance of an exit any time soon. However, because Alabama's his alma momma. as you say, I will never rule out a future move.

Another problem for you is that what he's built now includes a gigantic house in the horse pasture on Clarendon Drive, just completed this year. It's got lots of extra rooms for former players to stay in when they come back for games or whatever. It doesn't suggest much chance of an exit any time soon. However, because Alabama's his alma momma. as you say, I will never rule out a future move.

Oh yeah, there's no amount of money, facility upgrade, etc that will get him to Tuscaloosa. We've given Clemson Howard, Ford, and now Dabo. We'd like this last one back please

You could have had Danny back. All you had to do was ask, and that little 10-year dry spell y'all had would have been glorious. Of course, maybe you never would have hired Saban in that case, but that's beside the point.

As far as Dabo is concerned, as I said, I have no unrealistic expectations. However, there are facts that support a conclusion that he will not be leaving any time soon.

Dabo won’t leave Clemson. A much better football school.
Clemson guys are studs.

Too many bama guys are busts in the nfl.

Sabans time has passed.

He was lucky Lane Kiffin a more current offensive mind was hired.

When it came right down to it Saban choked proving his worth as a coach to be on the level of a Mac coach.

What was bamas identity all year long?

Passing the football— After the second Tua interception Saban pulled a Franklin and said ok we aren’t passing anymore. Let’s run the ball like we did with Hurts and mcarens. He gave up throwing.
He didn’t give his qb Tua a chance to keep throwing. The gane was within reach. They had the receivers. They had the ability.
But Saban quickly shut that down.

Then when trailing he brings in the QB that cannot throw a forward pass?? To punish Tua?
Who switches from a thrower to a runner when down big? Saban does.

Then down 28 he punts because that’s what’s ingrained in his brain.

Quite simply other than screaming at players and working with defensive Backs and recruiting Saban is a severely flawed coach.

Just because they are coaching it does not mean they are the best coaches.

There are plenty of coaches who are overlooked and don’t get the opportunity.

Saban is definitely good at perhaps getting a defense ready and yelling at players. His approach is old school. He is very risk adverse.

To me he is just another coach. I just don’t see any value he adds to a game.
As handicappers, what do we love the most about Saban's teams? How they tend to cover when they have extra prep time, either in game 1 or 2 of the season or a bowl/playoff scenario! How much money did we win collectively betting UA over UL in week 1 this season?

And surely the fact that they do better when he has more time to coach says something about the quality of his coaching.

Obviously, you make a good point. He has had great recent success right up to the game before last, but the trick is to see the trend before others do. And I'm perfectly happy to listen to Sammy make his case.

Exactly if we see s crazy team total like 11.5 or so we may want to take sabans team total under.

Pretty much Bama’s success will be dependent on the following areas.

1- Who the offensive coordinator is. Is he new school or Franklin style?
2- Who is the defensive coordinator

Because I believe when Bama was winning the titles earlier it was mostly due to the great play calling by Lane Kiffin.

Also are they going to have a recruiting class with the likes of Cj Moseley John Allen minka Fitzpatrick Eddie Jackson etc. Are they going to have a class like this

Perfect post Mw. I see things well before others and am not afraid to state my opinions. It worked very well for me in real estate as I saw a bubble before it was happening. Based on the fact I didn’t believe the common narratives being pushed out there.

If anyone believes that Saban is even an average game day coach I will tell you this much.

Why did the Nfl never give him a second chance? Because he was eclipsed he was untouchable after his experience in Miami.

The same thing will happen to him in Bama. When he isn’t surrounded by elite talent and elite coaches he is James Franklins brother. Same bizarre risk adverse decisions

Then when trailing he brings in the QB that cannot throw a forward pass?? To punish Tua?
Who switches from a thrower to a runner when down big? Saban does.

Then down 28 he punts because that’s what’s ingrained in his brain.
I think he was just saying, the game's over, and Jalen's been a good soldier, so I'll let him play out the string.

As handicappers, what do we love the most about Saban's teams? How they tend to cover when they have extra prep time, either in game 1 or 2 of the season or a bowl/playoff scenario! How much money did we win collectively betting UA over UL in week 1 this season?

And surely the fact that they do better when he has more time to coach says something about the quality of his coaching.

Bama in week 1 is the best bet every year. They always win that game by 28 minimum

And I will say Saban is more of a general manager.

He recruits yells a bit. He manages Bama.

And for him being a manager a CEO of bama he has been the best for the past 10 years.

No disputing that.

But ppl think he is coaching no. He is managing

Trevor Lawrence is gonna make us rich next season.

I see no weakness on his game!

He can throw short.
Intermediate.
Deep.
Can run
Is smart.

He is like a better peyton Manning but a guy who actually wins and shows up on big games. Peyton didn’t show up.

IM going to ride this kid all the way into the Nfl and invest the profits into real estate.

This guy is a atm machine waiting to be cashed.

Look at his face? It’s angelic. Like a face you would see in a spiritual realm. Almost plastic looking. You can just see that this guy was created for greatness

A little/lot bit sore loser talk, but some of that is accurate. I don't think Clemson's offense is better than Oklahoma's. They are better than UGA though. Lawrence has a big league arm for sure, and his poise and decision making appear elite as well. But Q was right on some of those throws. But Clemson won almost all of those one on one matchups, especially on 3rd down. That's why we lost. If you made mistakes and the other guy didn't, tells me he was better than you

Sad team imo.

Too much pride and not enough humility.

44-16 guys. Scoreboard don’t lie.

Lmaof he threw 50-50 balls? All one on one passes are 50-50 balls.

These guys are acting entitled. Like when anyone beats them it wasn’t anything yhey did. It was all our mistakes. Lol.

Oklahoma offense better? Well it was 28-0 so I’m unsure of where the great oklahoma offense was?

Georgia offense. Same offense that loses huge leads back to back years. Or has an identity crisis to use Justin fields?

Lmaof.

Quinnen Williams. Let me tell you what happened.

Clemson kicked your ass by making more splash plays. Splash plays on offense and defense were made by Clemson.

Your coach shut your offense down after the pick 6 out of fear. You guys played out of fear. Clemson player with passion love

Quinnen it was Tua that folded and made mistakes. After he threw the first Int he was in the sidelines taking responsibility laughing saying it’s all me. Overselling the int.

Lawrence would never do that. I unloaded on Clemson in play after I saw Tua acting fake. Real qbs don’t act all fake. Move on it’s an interception no need to act like a high school QB overselling the responsibility angle.

A little/lot bit sore loser talk, but some of that is accurate. I don't think Clemson's offense is better than Oklahoma's. They are better than UGA though. Lawrence has a big league arm for sure, and his poise and decision making appear elite as well. But Q was right on some of those throws. But Clemson won almost all of those one on one matchups, especially on 3rd down. That's why we lost. If you made mistakes and the other guy didn't, tells me he was better than you

I’m going to stop you right at the point you said Oklahoma offense is better than Clemson. They aren’t. They suck

He’s talking about the one handed grabs that Ross made burning the unskilled bama dbs.

The throws Lawrence made to Huggins were elite throws. The reality is most qbs are intimidated by the bama rush. Receivers runs routes bama plays zone and players get open.

Breaking news. All Drew Bree’s Peyton Manning Tom Brady passing yards and records have been nullified by the nfl.

Statement by Roger Goodell.

We have carefully reviewed every touchdown pass by Bree’s manning and Brady and have concluded that the defenses made mistakes on every single touchdown pass they threw. Because all these touchdowns and yards were gained by mistakes by the defense all these records have been nullified.

Further more.
Sean Mcvay has been kicked out of the Nfl because all of his schemes and good offensive work was the result of defenses making mistakes!

Quinnen come on think just a little before you speak

I mean, it's understandable that these guys say these things right after a loss. We've heard it for years from teams we just crushed. Still not a good look.

Nebraska did it capped by an epic 62-24 beatdown of Florida in the 1995 title game. Ineterengly, though, a year later the Florida Gators were the new national champs. No such luck for OU after getting whipped 55-19 by USC in the 2004 title game, but it didn't lead to a repeat for USC either.

Yeah, they did and others have, its just isnt very easy to do and seems tougher now as you have two great teams each year trading it off.

Yeah, they did and others have, its just isnt very easy to do and seems tougher now as you have two great teams each year trading it off.

I think the playoff makes it more difficult to win back to back. You're going to have to beat 2 top 4 teams within 10 days. Anything can happen on a given night, you can face two wildly different schemes, one more game that a key injury can occur, etc. And in a 4 team format, you can get away with playing a lesser team in the first game, but not the second. In the BCS, your odds of playing an inferior opponent were greater

Theoretically, that makes sense, but in actuality Clemson and Alabama haven't lost to anyone except each other since Clemson made its first appearance. And Ohio State didn’t even make the playoff the following year.

Well I think the chances of beating one of those two in back to back years is pretty slim

Yeah, you’re right. It could have made a difference last year. Clemson was the one seed and would have played UGA or OU in one game for the title under the old system.

Got fucked in 93 by the refs. Should have been 3.

Got fucked in 93 by the refs. Should have been 3.

Should have played Penn St though to determine real champion. People complain about this system, at least its finding for sure the best team. The old system was trash. Two powers undefeated like Nebraksa PSU or Nebraska Mich, they had to play. We were robbed as fans. Co-champions, how insane.

Back