Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Smith

• Andre Johnson

• Other

• Total voters
Just goes to show how bad T.O. distorts his skills and abilities.
If the guy could actually catch with his hands and they sewed his mouth shut he could easily outperform Moss and Rice combined.

Let's not get all crazy Purp and even put the words "Owens" and "Rice" in the same sentence. Just to put things in perspective...

1,549 receptions
22,895 receiving yards
197 touchdown receptions (208 total)
13 Pro Bowls
12 All Pros
3 Rings

I do understand that a majority of this board is too young to remember the Rice of the late 80's/mid 90's but the guy was unstoppable. Probably the reason why he is widely regarded as the #2 BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER (next to Jim Brown).

IMO fitz getting 40%+ of the votes is bullshit and is an over-reaction to the games the last couple weeks. just because he's hot now and he's fresh in our minds off his 3 TD performance last week, doesnt entitle him to be the #1 receiver in the game right now.

OK, the guy is having a stellar playoffs and is a serious candidate for super bowl MVP (performance pending). But what else has he done? Maybe this is his up-and-coming, or maybe this will be the pinnacle of his career. You never know. The point is, we dont know.

So tell me why one good stretch in the playoffs ESTABLISHES him as the #1 receiver in the game?

He's also in a system that employs a very pass balanced offense and a veteran QB who can excel in a run-n-gun offense.

I know you all will laugh, and I would never argue that he is the "best" receiver in the league, but if I were starting a team, I would take Heinz Ward (as a younger player a few years ago) as my first receiver pick. (And I do NOT like the Steelers).

This guy gets it done....love to watch him peel back and steamroll a linebacker.

If you are an average to below average quarterback who can't throw accurately for shit, like say Jake Delhomme ;) , then all these 6 ft plus receivers would be absolutely useless to you... you would need a Steve Smith, who can catch simple dump off passes and do alot with the open field... He can literally take over a game on his own... all Delhomme ever has to do is get the rock into his hands as often as possible and let him do his thing...

I can't take anything away from Fitz, but at the same time, it's a public thing going on with him right now... he's like the "in" thing.

These big receivers all have the ideal body to get lob passes... Plaxico Burress is another that comes to mind... everyone says just throw it up and he'll catch it... that's why some of the guys have tons of tds... they get those lob passes when the team is inside the 5 yard line quite a few times.. Fitz caught two of those last week and was targeted on another one when pass interference was called... someone the size of Steve Smith has to work harder to shake off defenders and get himself open... but his speed and agility as well as his abilities in the open field are arguably second to none.

In my opinion, there are only three WR's that belong in the conversation. Fitzgerald, smith, and Johnson

I like Ward, the guy is just an all around great WR. He can catch, attracts double coverage, coverts key plays and most of all he can block like a fullback.

Kevin Kurtis is pretty damn fast and great---

Tj Houshmanzadah is the best receiver in the game vs man to man coverage--

Dont discount the great Lee Evans off Buffalo also, he is money in the bank deep-

Steve smith on the giants was great also running routes--

Dont forget about Hank baskett, if he had a QB that could get him the ball, he is another T OWENS, huge, big hands, vertical, amazing deep speed, and just overall ability to take over a game with his ability, Eagles under utilize this kid.

Eddie Royal-- the fastest receiver in the game- he is very dangerous also and has ridiculous quickness and speed- he can dominate next year-

Raiders next year- the great Johny Lee Figgins, he is money

baskett caught that 95 yarder vs dallas a few seasons ago and he was very fast--

Kurtis how about that catch vs zona last week?

Reginald Bush. :tiphat: ha.

After him I say:

1) Andre Johnson
2) Steve Smith
3) Larry Fitzgerald
4) T.O.
5) Moss

....6) Lebron. Deal with it.

Peter warrick? He was never given a chance, but he was quick, had moves and could score on short passes kind of like a steve smith.

Yes Fitz is getting a little extra love BUT he is hella consistent.
TDs get big media attention but this guy does it all.
He was top 2 in fantasy points the first few weeks and he had 1 TD while others had 3-4 each. He shows up every week with around 6 catches and 100 yards with around .65 TDs per game. The guy is probably not even 25 yet. Just saying the love is deserved.

Now MEGATRON is a FREAK. He is Randy Moss freaky but on a worse team.
He might not be as fast as Moss but the guy has it all plus he isnt a head case.

Larry Fitzgerald 2008 96 catches 1431 yards 12 TDs
THIS IS HIS 5th YEAR BOLDEN OUT FOR A COUPLE GAMES HELPED POSTSEASON STATS DO NOT APPLY

Calvin Johnson 2008 78 catches 1331 yards 12 TDs -
THIS IS HIS 2ND YEAR TEAM WENT 0-16 FEW WRS HAD WORSE QB PLAY

Larry Fitzgerald 2008 96 catches 1431 yards 12 TDs
Anquan Boldin 2008 89 catches 1038 yards 11 TDs - and he missed what, 4 games?

this is one of those god premonitions.... you gotta look behind the words to see the message

and its saying- god will most liekly be on pts and ML

but we already knew that:smiley_acbe:
GOOD SHIT:36_11_6:

Back