Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre Johnson

• Other

• Total voters

luoldeng

Pretty much a regular
I was having an argument on sunday as to who the best was, I said Larry he said Andre. Curious to see who you guys think is the best.

my son. larry jesus fitzgerald

this is one of those god premonitions.... you gotta look behind the words to see the message

and its saying- god will most liekly be on pts and ML

but we already knew that:smiley_acbe:

reggie wayne shouldnt even be on that list

only reason he had a big year 2 years ago was when marvin was drawing double coverage every time down the field and he would find himself in man coverage in the slot almost EVERY down, with no safety to help over the top because marvin would draw him. marvin made it easy for him.

he did make two spectacular catches this season but as far as consistency, nopee.

only reason he had a big year 2 years ago was when marvin was drawing double coverage every time down the field and he would find himself in man coverage in the slot almost EVERY down, with no safety to help over the top because marvin would draw him. marvin made it easy for him.

he did make two spectacular catches this season but as far as consistency, nopee.

I think the Colts are the one team that could pull off having Terrell Owens in their lineup.

this is one of those god premonitions.... you gotta look behind the words to see the message

and its saying- god will most liekly be on pts and ML

but we already knew that:smiley_acbe:

haha look at tha championship topic, hunt asked who i liked in tha bowl an i put a pic up. i havent locked anything in yet but do have a good lean jus lookin everything over still

:tiphat:

Reggie is defiantley number 7 imo of the 7 guys on that list. I just wanted to limit the number of "other" votes

I think the Colts are the one team that could pull off having Terrell Owens in their lineup.

i would have said hell no your crazy two years ago

but now with marvin aging and losing 2-3 steps, and dungy gone.... its definitely plausible. they need a big-play WR. will it happen? probably not.

but i see where youre coming from and why it would work. i dont know enough about polian and the front office there to know if they would consider bringing him. those are your boys, youre the expert:cheers:

Brandon Marshall should be on this list above Wayne, Owens and Smith

I left him off due to him only having 15 td's in 3 years. I think you have to score to be considered one of the best. Over the same time period...

Owens 38 td's in 47 games
Moss 37 td's in 45 games
Fitzgerald 28 td's in 44 games
Wayne 25 td's in 48 games
Boldin 24 td's in 40 games
Johnson 21 td's in 41 games
Smith 21 td's in 43 games
Marshall 15 td's in 46 games

He also seems to have too many average to bad games that were overlooked by his monster games.

Get owens off that list the man is so overrated bigtime--

Get steve smith in this discussion also. It is likely Fitzgerald though-

Reggie Wayne is definitely better than OWENS I can tell you that much-

Where is Santana MOSS on the list?

Get owens off that list the man is so overrated bigtime--

Get steve smith in this discussion also. It is likely Fitzgerald though-

Reggie Wayne is definitely better than OWENS I can tell you that much-

Where is Santana MOSS on the list?

Santana Moss...really? He's broken 850 yds 3 times in 7 years, has never reached 85 catches, and broken double digit td's once. Like Marshall, he only has 15 td's over the last 3 years. Its hard to take a guy in Owens off the list who has 38 td's over the last 3 years and put on Moss who doesnt even have half of that. I tried to get everyone on the list that somebody would vote for, its hard to imagine anyone voting for Moss. You're right about Steve Smith, he belongs in the discussion especially with that choke artist as his qb.

you are high on some dippers now, bro.

thats borderline sammy status

:36_11_6::36_11_6:

word. i guess i am thinking sheer projection. if i was drafting a team right now i would pick Marshall right at or above where i would Smith. age is gonna hit Steve like a ton of bricks within 3 years

I left him off due to him only having 15 td's in 3 years. I think you have to score to be considered one of the best. Over the same time period...

Moss 37 td's in 45 games

He also seems to have too many average to bad games that were overlooked by his monster games.

makes sense. insane how many TDs Owen's has

1.) Larry Fitzgerald
1a.) Calvin Johnson (in 3 years we'll be saying...."Uhhh...wut?" Kid is more of a freak WR than Larry Fitz, and that's saying something

3.) Steve Smith
4.) Andre Johnson

5,6,7,8,9,10....who knows

I think we can get Reggie Wayne off this list. A really good receiver, but does not belong in this debate.

Andre Johnson and Fitz are on top but fitz is doing it in the playoffs.

in 1 to 2 years Calvin Johnson will be the best but Lions will never make the playoffs to showcase the kid.

But he's a #1

I'm a Colts fan, I stand by my comment.

He's a 2 who was forced into being a 1 with little help on the other side. Marvin missed almost all of 2007 & was not the same Marvin in 2008.

Could Reggie really be a 1? Don't know, but he's the best #2 in the league.

from the list:
hottest lately - larry fitz , andre johnson

proven consistency - moss , owens

write-ins:
pending GREATNESS? 2x super bowl mvp???? - hines ward ... ;]

...but i did vote larry fitz for his absolute dominance and consistent big games at the WR position in the postseason and during the regular season... he's got a nice start to his early career... he's obviously one of the main reason the ARIZONA "freakin'" CARDINALS are in the Superbowl this year....

gotta think a young guy like fitz or johnson is the BEST WR in the league, but still not forget guys like moss and owens have been doing it a long time at this high level and continue to put up big numbers... these guys will always be great, and sometimes the best, but not this year....

Damn only me and one other on STEVE SMITH

The only guy on that list UNDER 6 ft ( 5' 9 ) and he's about 6 to 7 inches smaller than Fitz, Terrell, Moss, Marshall, and AJ... yet he's just as (or more) amazing against double teams and in the open field.

The guy does the most with his size...

http://<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/wZi03MtZjfw&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

http://<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/j0ARhAwcXC4&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

for the ULTIMATE PLAY of all... watch the play at the 0:57 second mark against the Texans...

:smiley_acbe:

http://<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/OxJGs0juqlc&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

Just to get the guy a little love
What about Dwayne Bowe going forward?
I have a dynasty roster with the following WRS:
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Bowe

I feel all 3 will be in the top 5 going forward about 3-5 years.
Bowe is clearly the weaker of the 3 but what he has done in such short time on such a shitty team should not go without mention.

I think Andre Johnson is currently the most dominant BUT he has an off game here and there. Fitzgerald shows up every single week no matter how he is covered.
Situations varying from team to team make this argument endless.

steve smith baby! he has delhomme throwing to him too, imagine if he had a gunslinger like warner. Fitz is on the rise though. He's got size, speed, and hands.

How in the hell is TO even on this list!?!?!

:36_11_6:

Moss 37 td's in 45 games

Just goes to show how bad T.O. distorts his skills and abilities.
If the guy could actually catch with his hands and they sewed his mouth shut he could easily outperform Moss and Rice combined.

Just goes to show how bad T.O. distorts his skills and abilities.
If the guy could actually catch with his hands and they sewed his mouth shut he could easily outperform Moss and Rice combined.

I agree 100%...which is why I'm baffled he's on the list. Takes a lot more than 38TDs in 47 Games to be considered one of the best receivers in the league. He's developed into a cancer for any team that takes a chance on him, and he drops key passes in key situations.

Is he a great receiver? Yes. Best in the league? No frickin way!

braylon hands down

:36_11_6:

johnson is unbelievable. tough to call because they all have their own strengths, but all around i think johnson

Back