Who Is The Best Of These RB's?

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
My high stakes Keeper league drafts Thursday. My #1 pick will be either Parker, Maroney, Henry, or Rudi Johnson. So, I will have a strong #1 RB. My keeper is Portis. He is a decent #2 RB if healthy. But it's a big question mark, so I really need my 3rd RB to be of #2 quality. (We start 2 RB's and Flex position. The flex is always a RB for me.)

I have a little trouble ranking this grouping of backs. They should all be available when I pick. Who should I take? (I'm hoping McCallister or Jacobs falls to me. I have those 2 right ahead of these guys.)

22. Ahmen Green (10)<o></o>
23. Marshawn Lynch (6)<o></o>
24. Carnell Williams (10)<o></o>
25. Brandon Jackson (7)<o></o>
26. Jamal Lewis (7)<o></o>
27. Marion Barber III (8)<o></o>
<o></o>
28. Tatum Bell (6)<o></o>
29. Adrian Peterson (5)<o></o>
30. Jerious Norwood (8)<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
31. Julius Jones (8)<o></o>
32. Lamont Jordan (5)<o></o>

I absolutely hate running back by committee situations, so I'd say Cadillac first (I think he could be the biggest surprise this year, especially with no more Alstott stealing TDs) and I like Ahman. He had over 1000 yds last year, and I think the Texans offense could surprise people, Dayne might steal TDs though.
Of the committee guys, I like Adrian Peterson the best, he'll be on the field somehow all the time. I think he takes over the starting role and he'll get the goal line carries. I'd actual put AP over Ahman.

1) Cadillac
2) Peterson
3) Ahman
4) Lynch
5) Jones
6) Lamont
7) Barber
8) Lewis
9) Norwood
10) Jackson
11) Bell

I like Williams, too. I think Garcia will improve his production. A thing I like about him is he will go under the radar after this terrible 06 year.

I'm wondering if I can pass on him with my 2nd pick (#15), and get him at #26 in round 3.

Yah i really think caddy will drop and i think he'll be pretty solid... Peterson I think will put up the best numbers overall, but I think Ahman is the most reliable you know what you're getting.

I agree that Cadillac will drop, I've been in two drafts so far and in both ones the guy that picked Cadillac got made fun of for it. The perception of him is really bad. I'd go Peterson/Cadillac, at worst, AP puts up comparable numbers to those guys and is a strong keeper candidate, at best, he's awesome and a top 5 pick next year. You can't really say that about anyone else there. Not counting injury obviously.

I agree that Cadillac will drop, I've been in two drafts so far and in both ones the guy that picked Cadillac got made fun of for it. The perception of him is really bad. I'd go Peterson/Cadillac, at worst, AP puts up comparable numbers to those guys and is a strong keeper candidate, at best, he's awesome and a top 5 pick next year. You can't really say that about anyone else there. Not counting injury obviously.

Good point with the sleeper. I'm definitely taking that into consideration. I just don't know if I can gamble on Peterson to bust out since I have a questionable #2 in Portis. I like Peterson, but if I had a more stable 2 Id take him.

I'm looking to grab Turner very late in my draft and have him as a potential sleeper for next year. He'll get a deal next year and be a #1 somewhere.

I absolutely hate running back by committee situations, so I'd say Cadillac first (I think he could be the biggest surprise this year, especially with no more Alstott stealing TDs) and I like Ahman. He had over 1000 yds last year, and I think the Texans offense could surprise people, Dayne might steal TDs though.
Of the committee guys, I like Adrian Peterson the best, he'll be on the field somehow all the time. I think he takes over the starting role and he'll get the goal line carries. I'd actual put AP over Ahman.

1) Cadillac
2) Peterson
3) Ahman
4) Lynch
5) Jones
6) Lamont
7) Barber
8) Lewis
9) Norwood
10) Jackson
11) Bell

I agree with ATL....But I think Peterson is starting by the third game and chester rides the pine all year. I think norwood is a big part of the patrino game plant this year in atl.

Thanks guys. Right now I'm working hard to pull off a trade. My 2nd (#15) and 3rd (#26) for a 1st (#8) and a 5th (#48).

I'd then draft Benson at #8 giving me 3rd quality backs: Most likely Henry, Benson, and Portis.

Yah i really think caddy will drop and i think he'll be pretty solid... Peterson I think will put up the best numbers overall, but I think Ahman is the most reliable you know what you're getting.

Yea, with Ahman you know you will be getting a lot of DNP's

Jamal Lewis is gonna get a whole lot of touches behind what should be a solid line.

i guess im confused. how do u plan to draft beson and henry with a 1st and a 5th

Tide High...The trade will give me 2 1st rd. picks. Pick #6 (my original pick--Henry) and #8 (The pick I traded for--Benson). In turn, I will lose my 2nd and 3rd round picks. The trade will give me 3 QUALITY Rb's. And I'm confident I can still get a decent WR in round 4 (Someone like Walker, Evans, or Boldin). In round 5, I'll have 2 picks, and I'll probably use them on 2 QB's. A combination of Romo, Rivers, Leinart, Kitna.

This is a keeper league, and it just so happens the eligible Keepers are basically all RB's.

Brown, Jackson, Westbrook, Addai, Gore, Bush, Alexander, and even Manning are all being kept.

It's all about line play and the rest of the offense.

I thought Minnesota was going to have a decent O-line last year and therefore figured them for a better season. That fell apart quick, then they lost Tony Richardson at FB and it was all over.

If they've improved their line they have no QB and passing game so you should get a lot of rushes out of AP.

TB is a similar thing, if you can say their O-line is solid, it should be a good call to go with Cadillac.

I might suggest Jamal Lewis as well, but you may be able to steal him off the wavier wire. I don't think he's going to start strong, just have a good year as the O-line jells slowly.

I'd also feel better if they hadn't let Terrelle Smith walk at FB, but Lewis should have a pretty good season. Winslow, Edwards and Co. will likely take away from his numbers somewhat, but he should be better than people think.

gotcha, sounds like an interesting trade. good luck. i have my last money draft tonight. live in person, with trading open during the entire draft. 1st year of a new keeper league where we keep two, but with a wack roster

QB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
D/ST
K

don't know my pick # yet, but i'm sure how to draft. QBs get 6 for pass TDs.

how should i draft if i get 1-3, 4-7, or 8-10? i think 8-10 is RB RB. 4-7 RB QB, and 1-3 RB-RB maybe RB-QB if palmer is still there.

any advice?

ill prob end up going RBRB no matter what. i have a feeling these guys will be picking QBs early. ill stick with leinart real late more than likely. i'd like to get two stud RB keepers.

The top 5 in my league should be:

LT
LJ
Parker
Then Maroney, Rudi, and Henry can go in any order. I'm left with one of these 3 at #6.

In your case, you gotta go RB, RB. Aside from Alexander, all the top backs are young and keeper candidates. I'd draft the 1st 2 picks putting very little weight in the keeper situation. Jones-Drew and Bush would be the only one's who you might have ranked a little higher than if it was a normal league.

The Vikings have absolutely no playmakers on offense other than at RB, Jackson, Williamson?? WTF? Can you imagine them putting an offense out there that involved Peterson, one of the most dynamic college players in recent years, to be on the bench? Even if he isn't getting all the carries at running back, they've got to to something with him.

well i got a decent a squad. once again i missed the WR i wanted by 1 pick. santonio holmes. i could trade D Jax for him, but im not sure that i want to. heres my squad. are westbrook and addai automatic keepers? i think so.

bulger
addai
westbrook
Daryl jackson
L fitz
reggie brown
todd heap
Dallas D
olindo mare

got some good depth at RB(remember max start 2 RBs) too with marshawn lynch and marion barber. drew bennet matt jones and brett farve are my other bench players.

yea surely Peterson will be the starter after a couple of games. taylor should be nothing more than a pass blocker and breather to AP

well i got a decent a squad. once again i missed the WR i wanted by 1 pick. santonio holmes. i could trade D Jax for him, but im not sure that i want to. heres my squad. are westbrook and addai automatic keepers? i think so.

bulger
addai
westbrook
Daryl jackson
L fitz
reggie brown
todd heap
Dallas D
olindo mare

got some good depth at RB(remember max start 2 RBs) too with marshawn lynch and marion barber. drew bennet matt jones and brett farve are my other bench players.

You're fine. I'm not a huge Reggie Brown fan, but I always say WR's simply do not matter. Depth at RB is the most important thing. You now have some great trade bait to improve your WR's at some point. If Lynch goes off early, you could move him to a frustrated owner who has a struggling big name WR...Someone like Andre Johnson, TJ Hous, or Walker.

You got one of the big 6 QB's...Bulger. He will have a big year and is an elite starter for every week.

Back