Who Is Interested In Fantasy Basketball (NBA)?

Im in.

10-12 teams. H2H

points/rebs/asts/stls/to's/3 ptm or % / Ft made or %

u can split the rebs (off/def) if more cats are needed.

It seems we have enough interest to run a sign up sheet for at least 1 league. If BAR is willing to hold the money again, I'll set something up. We need to start this soon. I'd suggest a 10-team league to keep the bottom of the barrel players out of the league. But then that also means it would be a smaller pot.

word. 100 sounds good. dates and times i'm good with any as long as its on a weekday. too much college football traveling coming up. wait did i just say too much, i mean too much to draft an nba fantasy team. yea thats it.

If possible; I would like a limit on transactions or a fee for transactions. It makes the game more interesting and involves more strategy rather than rewarding the guy who has the most time on the computer.

im not against a transaction fee, just seems that whenever i am in a league that has one its always a pain in the ass to get the money owed from everyone at the end of the season

I don't really want to deal with the transaction fee ... but I'll be the guy always at my computer. I also don't want to send BAR money everyday

transaction fees are the best way to do it, and it really builds the pot. but being an internet league, its pretty ridiculous...

my recommendation is to just use a limit (this coming from a guy who doesn't plan on playing in the league :) )

BAR will be sending out PM's for the NBA league. It will be $100 again. We can vote on payout structure. I suggest something like $50 for regular season winner. And 75%-25% to 1st and 2nd after the playoffs. As for transactions, ideally, we'd like to have them cost money ($5). But thats up to BAR if he wants to accept all those paypal transfers. As for the rosters, I made the Center position just 1 player. There's a huge lack of centers in the NBA. I took that normal center position player and made an extra utility position. So its:

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

Stat categories are all standard right now. You guys can recommend anything different.

League will be 10 teams.

Draft time we want is Thursday Oct 25 at 830PM EDT.

So we basically have about 2 weeks to get everything together. Discuss in here any suggestions you have. And if the majority agrees, I'll change whatever.

If possible; I would like a limit on transactions or a fee for transactions. It makes the game more interesting and involves more strategy rather than rewarding the guy who has the most time on the computer.

There cant be limits on transactions due to injuries. If a team gets wiped out by injuries, they are screwed.

im not against a transaction fee, just seems that whenever i am in a league that has one its always a pain in the ass to get the money owed from everyone at the end of the season

And the fact that the transactions will be thru paypal from people throughout the US and the world, there could be even more problems.

These are my posts copied from another thread:

-You draft a team of x amount of players. The starting roster consists of something like PG, SG, G/F, SF, PF, C, Flex, Flex, Flex. 4 or 5 bench players, too.

-You play head to head. The starting roster is adjusted on a day-to-day basis based on who is playing and who is off. So, it's important to have a balanced team since bench players WILL play. And it's important to AT LEAST adjust your rosters on a weekly basis, if not daily (b/c of injury).

-The head to head match lasts 1 full week (Monday-Sunday). And you compete in the following categories (to name a few): total points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, FG %, FT %, Turnovers. Each player's stats are adding up at the end of the night and ultimately the final tally comes at the end of the week. The team who wins each respective category in the head-to-head match up receives 1 point. So, if I am playing BAR. And I have more total points than BAR, I get 1 point. If BAR has more total steals than my team, he gets 1 point. Final scores looks something 5-4, or 6-3, or 9-0...pending on how many categories the league has.

Full season standings are created based on final scores. So, if in week 1 my team wins 5-4. And in week two my team loses 6-3. My record after 2 weeks is 8-10.

Because injuries are common in NBA...More common than NFL...What we did was use a protection system. You are able to "protect" one player due to injury. So, if I have Kobe on my team, and Kobe gets hurt, I can release him to the waiver wire and pick up someone else. Even though Kobe is a Free Agent, he is deemed protected and no one else can pick him up.

The other question that comes up is whether we should do daily or weekly roster adjustments. I've always done daily. But the user "purple and gold" wrote this from the other thread:

Its been a few years but I played a head to head league where you started your lineup once a week and it was far more interesting. It was the best league I have ever played in and havent found one like it since. The strategy of starting Kevin Garnett with 2 games for the week versus Artest with 4 games etc made it very fun to play.

id rather not do transaction fees, since i dont have paypal, why not make the entry fee higher to compensate for transaction fees (to keep the prize pool sufficient)...never played in one before, but sounds interesting...

is there going to be a minimum attempt requirement for % categories like FG%, FT%, 3PT%, etc.

will we have a veto system for "unfair" trades (in the eyes of the other GMs)?

all sounds good, im down for anything up to a nickel...

and if you guys are doing things by vote, id rather have daily changes than weekly changes with the way the NBA schedule is sometimes

There cant be limits on transactions due to injuries. If a team gets wiped out by injuries, they are screwed.

Ive been playing in a league where we set the transaction limit to 40 (not including trades) for the past couple of years. It was a H2H league (trans. limit isnt as important in roto leagues.) There was always 1 guy that would rotate players in and out the final few weeks of the season (he was unemployed), while everyone else was working. Good managers (and this is what were trying to determine in Fantasy Sports) make the 40 work. Ive never had to use more than 40 transactions; but a few have in our leagues. For the unlucky few that lose 10 guys to the IL, then add a transaction fee for every action over the 40. Wheres the gamble on taking a player when you can just drop him without any consequences?

H2H and daily is the way to go. You can always set your lineup a few says in advance.

The other question that comes up is whether we should do daily or weekly roster adjustments. I've always done daily. But the user "purple and gold" wrote this from the other thread:

Its been a few years but I played a head to head league where you started your lineup once a week and it was far more interesting. It was the best league I have ever played in and havent found one like it since. The strategy of starting Kevin Garnett with 2 games for the week versus Artest with 4 games etc made it very fun to play.

I know one big problem with the daily roster changes with no transaction fee is that in the championship game, you pretty much have to have a full lineup in the whole week, so there is a lot of adding and dropping, especially at the end of the week.

i agree with the transaction limit, those who try to take advantage early to get early wins may fade down the stretch and vice versa

Only 7 days til draft day. Draft order is RANDOMLY picked by YAHOO. I think like 30-45mins before draft time.

Any other questions I'll be able to answer tonight. Then I wont be available until Monday most likely. So fire away now!

Only 7 days til draft day. Draft order is RANDOMLY picked by YAHOO. I think like 30-45mins before draft time.

Any other questions I'll be able to answer tonight. Then I wont be available until Monday most likely. So fire away now!

I've done the MLB on yahoo before, so if it's similar, I think I got the idea :cheers:

so 13 round draft with 3 bench players? (meaning we can play up to 10 players a night?) just trying to iron things out...

thanks

so 13 round draft with 3 bench players? (meaning we can play up to 10 players a night?) just trying to iron things out...

thanks

Starting Roster Looks like this:

<table id="statTable1" class="simpletable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="odd first"><td class="pos first">PG</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">SG</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">G</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">SF</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">PF</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">F</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">C</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">Util</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">Util</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even last"><td class="pos first">Util</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Only need to technically start 1 Center due to lack of quality Centers. Currently 3 bench players, but I can raise that number if enough people want that. Basically, all the league settings including the money breakdowns are decided by everyone in the league. If enough people speak out, I'll change anything. As of right now, it's 4 days til draft night, and we don't have all the payments in.

Starting Roster Looks like this:

<table id="statTable1" class="simpletable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="odd first"><td class="pos first">PG</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">SG</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">G</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">SF</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">PF</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">F</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">C</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even"><td class="pos first">Util</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="odd"><td class="pos first">Util</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td> </tr><tr class="even last"><td class="pos first">Util</td> <td class="player last">--empty--
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Only need to technically start 1 Center due to lack of quality Centers. Currently 3 bench players, but I can raise that number if enough people want that. Basically, all the league settings including the money breakdowns are decided by everyone in the league. If enough people speak out, I'll change anything. As of right now, it's 4 days til draft night, and we don't have all the payments in.

i dont know the standard, but that looks relatively solid. maybe 12 starters and 3 on the bench?

Hey BAR PM me the email to send the 100 dollars to by paypal and which night is draft night and is it on yahoo?

thanks

Only 5 paid so far. There's no way we will make the Oct 25 draft day. We will push it back 1 week. PM BAR if you want in. If no one contacts BAR and pays by Nov. 1 consider the attempts at starting a NBA Fantasy League finished.

I simply don't have the time to keep contacting people about payments....

5 including yourself and BAR? What happened to everybody in bold?

BAR
beLIEve811

dabears54
BrarStar
Kramer4020
TideHigh
t-dot
ghostnmyhead

SHSUHorn
xpression syst m
husky17

5 are good to go...one just contacted me 5 minutes ago...one contacted me last week...thats 7...

Always tugh to coordinate this stuff..took over a month for NFL..we'll push things back a bit...get 8 or 10 and be all set

Last edited by a moderator:
Back