Who do you want as your coach?

Agree about Tom Cable for sure. Leave it to the Lions to make the worst possible decision though, so it wouldn't be surprising if they were to hire Cable. The Lions are another perfect example of the owner being the issue and preventing them from having the success they want so bad. It almost always starts at the top with bad teams and poor organizations.

yep, doesnt matter who they bring in with Fords running the ship. And if I was a half way qualified coach who had plans of a long tenure in the nfl, detroit, despite some immense talent on the roster (though some of it is overblown) has always been a one stop and done for head coaches.

Wayne Fontes
Bobby Ross
Marty Morningwheg
Steve Mariucci
Rod Marinelli
Douchebag Schwartz

who has had a head coaching job after the train wreck in detroit?

If I am Detroit or Wash or anyone I want Jay Gruden

Do yall think he is mentally retarded or only has a job because his last name?

Someone gonna get lucky...

Neither. And maybe I'm saying this because I don't know enough about him. I know he was successful in Arena football but I look at the Bengals, and just think = ho hum.... Doesn't strike me as anyone spectacular.

well i sure as hell dont want tom cable....and i didnt want obrien either....so lovie but seems he is tied up with tampa. jim caldwell no thanks....seems like a weak class of candidates if u ask me.

jay gruden or lovie smith would be my picks at this point.

No lovie smith please... I don't want to see what he would do to our offense

no need to worry now, dont understand that concern though with the coordinators he will be bringing in. lovie wont touch the offense.

lions refuted the cable report today fwiw, thank god.

nothing i have heard on jay gruden yet though he is a little busy, just jim caldwell to both lions, nittany/detroit.

I think whisenhunt would do well with that offense

He already knows how to deal with overbearing ownership

Back