Who do you take 4th pick. Big help

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

$225 buy in and just drew the 4th pick in the draft. Draft isnt until tuesday but I usually want to get everything squared away and know who Im taking before I go in. I usually like to go RB RB but might have to think about Manning this year. Looks like its going to go LT, SJax, Larry Johnson.
I am deciding between Gore/Alexander/Westbrook. Who would you guys take with this situation. Standard scoring. No PPR

You take Manning you lose IMO...

Looks like Alexander, addai, or gore...

Any three are solid, but I would probably take Alexander here.

I completely disagree, the Seahawks offense is regressing. I like Gore, he's clearly the man for the 49ers, he's the cornerstone of that offense. I like the featured back in a running offense better than the #1 back in the Colts passing offense, and we aren't sure how Addai will do carrying the full load. I'm sure Addai will be fine, but Gore is the safer pick, his hand is fine. I like Gore, Addai, then I'd personally go with someone like Rudi or Parker, I just don't see Alexander playing 16 games again. I had a draft yesterday and took Gore over LJ, they're going to get a similar amount of touches and Gore has a better line in front of him. GL with whatever you do.

I take Alexander based on consistency..

Gore has showed the likelihood of gettin hurt his whole career including college..

That's a HUGE risk at number 4, IMO..

But if he stays healthy, sure u could be right..

Thats the only thing that worries me about taking Gore. Those knee injuries he had in college could go out any time. Hes basically injury prone. If he does stay healthy I think he can go for 1500 and 12TD but thats a pretty big If. I dont like Alexander because I think the loss of Hutchinson just killed it. He had a decent season last year after missing some games but I just dont like the guy. I do want Westbrook and think hes going to have a big year but not at 4.

Its only a 10 team league so if I do take Manning which is not likely any chance you think I could come back in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and have Henry and Ronnie Brown or Cadillac available. that would be ideal for me since I think Henry is going to be a top 5 fantasy back this year

I don't think Henry would be there..

You have to go RB/RB IMO..

Lot of depth in the middle of the qb class if u don't get top 6..

in most scoring systems , taking a qb (manning here) this early in the draft is a msitake in my opinion. i would go gore or alexander .... or as someone else said above ... maybe addai ( might be worth it just so you can brag what a genius you are ). but from this spot if you took manning you would likely be stuck with a jacobs and the like as your number one rb and then you likely have to waste value in third round grabbing your second running back. you then lose out on the run of receivers and find yourself with a great qb but stuck with a sucky group of backs and wideouts. the early qb selection just puts you behind the eight ball for the entire draft.

always hate seeing manning at the top of my opponents lineup ... but he just isnt worth the trouble early in a draft.

Esp when they take the last four weeks off it seems..

Colts can be killers to take in top three rounds as they sit out the last three weeks most years and that's during the playoffs..

:hang:

Good points guys. I think its going to be between Alexander/Gore for me. Not really sold on Addai. Ill probally decide by Monday for sure. Maybe Gore or Alexander goes 3rd and I get LJ who knows but thats not very likely. I just want to make sure in this big of a fantasy league I atleast want to get my 1st round pick right

I was thinking Maroney on the way back if hes there over Benson or Jones. Not real big fans of either. Id probally even take Portis over Benson or Jones. Then go WR/WR. Thats usually my strategy
RB, RB, WR, WR, RB or WR, QB. Thats usually what I try to accomplish since we start 3 WR and 2 RB every week. No flex

i think benson is sleeper of 2007. he was a "covet" player for me. i picked last in ctg and took him and bush back to back. made sure to put benson in first round because of personal dislike for reggie. not sure if i dislike him because of cheating at usc or whether it is because he was such an undeserving heisman winner. just the same, i like what he brings to the fantasy table.

anyways i hope benson gets it done so that i dont look like more of an idiot than i actually am.

Think Im going to go with Gore and come back with another decent one.

I just cant take Addai. 2nd year back in an offense that passes the ball close to 40 times again. I really dont understand the love for him. Now im flip flopping again between Gore and Alexander. This decision sucks.

Going with Alexander. Ive decided with the 4th pick you have to make sure your guy is going to stay healthy and have #1 numbers. I know Alexander will play atleast 15 games and go for 1400 Yards and 12-14TD's. I can take that. I cant say that Gore is going to play even 12 games. He has had surgery on basically every part of his body. He could fall apart at any time.

Back