What was your favorite moment in the Mark Stoops era at Texas AM (coaching carousel)?

They had obviously been talking for a while given that it was announced with time left in the 4th quarter on Fri night. Ha!

I think Stoops would be a good fit for A&M. He values line play, runs the ball, and will actually assemble a defense.

Honest question ive always wondered about. In Pros coaches under contract cant leave wo teams permission. But in college they can with the buyout. Why are college contracts different than Pros? Why dont colleges write contract like Pros, especially if they have the leverage (for example id say when ND hired Freeman they had the leverage)

Smith to msu ok. They needed Urban to compete in new B10. Said it b4. Michigan osu psu Oregon Washington and fickel building Wisconsin and Rhule Nebraska the B10 is going to be a gauntlet. The lessor runs are going to have to be very creative

I know most hate Urban and it is different now with nil and portal. But i think he's only home run out there. High risk. Look at Napier falling flat at Florida.

Honest question ive always wondered about. In Pros coaches under contract cant leave wo teams permission. But in college they can with the buyout. Why are college contracts different than Pros? Why dont colleges write contract like Pros, especially if they have the leverage (for example id say when ND hired Freeman they had the leverage)

Smith to msu ok. They needed Urban to compete in new B10. Said it b4. Michigan osu psu Oregon Washington and fickel building Wisconsin and Rhule Nebraska the B10 is going to be a gauntlet. The lessor runs are going to have to be very creative

I know most hate Urban and it is different now with nil and portal. But i think he's only home run out there. High risk. Look at Napier falling flat at Florida.
Iowa will continue to destroy that gauntlet

I honestly though Ferentz would leave after this season but guess he likes the paycheck too much. When that opens it will be huge.

If Urban wants back in he'd be a home run hire but I think he's done. Maybe he goes back to Gainseville once Napier is canned but I don't think he'd ever take the Michigan State job.

The Big Ten schools get almost $60 million per school from TV and media contracts? There is money there to over pay coaches and for stupid high buyouts. It's like they are CEOs in corporate America and the buyouts are the golden parachutes.

The Big Ten schools get almost $60 million per school from TV and media contracts? There is money there to over pay coaches and for stupid high buyouts. It's like they are CEOs in corporate America and the buyouts are the golden parachutes.
Hey, Jim's willing to give up coaches salaries for the players :)

(Cue next NCAA move hehe).

Can Florida really keep a second year 7 loss coach?

Very young team. I am fine with actually building a foundation unlike the sugar high and crash that Dan Mullen provided. Mullen's lack of recruiting ability/focus really cost UF. The last two games were close losses to Missouri and Florida State with a backup QB, and that showed overall improvement. I'm still behind Napier and I think he can get it done.

Very young team. I am fine with actually building a foundation unlike the sugar high and crash that Dan Mullen provided. Mullen's lack of recruiting ability/focus really cost UF. The last two games were close losses to Missouri and Florida State with a backup QB, and that showed overall improvement. I'm still behind Napier and I think he can get it done.

ok, hope it works out

Aggies would be my dream job, you know within 2-3 years you will be enjoying life as you getting paid out the rest your contract to not work! Man, one day I’ll get that AM job then try to set record for how fast I get fired and remainder of contract is bought out!!!

Back