what tha hell is dallas doin?

tru

Friend of CTG
Cowboys trade Ayodele, Fasano to Dolphins for fourth-round pick

Associated Press

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->

<!-- end story header --><!-- begin left column --><!-- begin page tools -->Updated: April 25, 2008, 11:05 PM ET

<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --><!-- template inline -->MIAMI -- The Dallas Cowboys traded linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins for a fourth-round draft pick, a person familiar with the deal said Friday.
The person didn't want to be identified because the Dolphins and Cowboys hadn't confirmed the trade. The Dolphins have repeatedly tapped the Dallas pipeline since the arrival of former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells in December to run Miami's football operations.
The draft pick is No. 100 overall Saturday. The Dolphins have eight other picks and will use the No. 1 overall choice to take tackle Jake Long, who has already signed a five-year contract worth $57.75 million, $30 million of it guaranteed.
Ayodele has been a starter for the past five seasons and made 55 tackles last year. His spot with the Cowboys may be filled by Zach Thomas, acquired after the Dolphins released him in February.
Fasano, a second-round pick in 2006, has made 14 receptions in each of his first two NFL seasons and is expected to contend for a starting job with the Dolphins.
Miami will still be looking to upgrade in the draft at quarterback, cornerback, defensive end, guard and receiver.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

fasano was a fuckin 2nd round pick 2 years ago an akin has been a solid linebacker for us. fasano been a solid blockin an #2 te in dallas since he was drafted. so we give up fason who was a 2nd rounder 2 years ago an akin ayodele who was a 3rd rounder in 02 for a fuckin 4th round pick? great job parcells way to steal more from dallas

made no sense to me either. Parcells just made the team about 2 maybe 3 ratings better on a scale of 100.

Last edited:
Damn, I liked Fasano, Ayodele was OK but expendable. Don't like trading known depth for a day 2 pick. :down2:

This was a good trade. They basically traded those two for Pac Man. Ayodele is expendable because of Thomas and Fasano was expendable because of Curtis coming on plus drafting Bennett a much better talent then Fasano.

Plus they cleared up some cap room.

The Cowboys have had a great off-season and draft IMO.

^ Yeah, good sum up pretty much.

And c'mon Tru...I ain't even a 'Boys fan and I KNOW how much they hated Fasano within that organization...dude was certified trash and was gonna be dumped either way

This was a good trade. They basically traded those two for Pac Man. Ayodele is expendable because of Thomas and Fasano was expendable because of Curtis coming on plus drafting Bennett a much better talent then Fasano.

Plus they cleared up some cap room.

The Cowboys have had a great off-season and draft IMO.

Has Pacman been cleared to play yet? I am not sure Mr. Goodell has too much intention of getting something done soon for him. This could be a good trade if he can play but i am POSITIVE Pacman will get back in trouble sometime soon. He is and always will be trouble. Cannot change who you are but he is trying to do his best impression:cheers:

Well I'll definitely take Bennett over Fasano. Dude looks like another Antonio Gates to me. Romo's gonna have another great year. :smiley_acbe:

horn an clap, all i was sayin was this wasnt a fair deal for dallas. if we woulda got a 2nd rounder or fuckin 2 4ths or atleast fuckin somethin more than a damn 4th roaund pick. fasano showed talent when he was in there, he showed he has good hands an can pass an run block very good. of course hes no jason witten an wont get much time to show what he can do in dallas but all im sayin was this trade helped miami much more than it helped us

Well, they took Miami's 4th and moved down a couple of times and ended up with Tashard Choice and the Browns 3rd rounder next year. So I think it turned out OK.

They'll have their own picks plus Detroit's 4th, Cleveland's 3rd and either Pacman or the Titan's 4th. If Glenn returns they're set up pretty well.

I can't help but put this picture in here since it involves one of my favorite NFL games of all time in which the Dolphins stole one from the Boyz, and because the Dolphins were actually relevant at the time.
leonlett.jpg

Ayodele was likely to get cut in camp anyway, he was expendable. Dallas has good depth at inside LB with Burnett and Carpenter. They also got Zack Thomas in the offseason so we'll see if he has anything left in the tank. Jerry traded Fasano back to Bill and Bill was offering a 5th. Jerry prolly said Ill throw in Ayodele if you make it a 4th.

fasano was a fuckin 2nd round pick 2 years ago an akin has been a solid linebacker for us. fasano been a solid blockin an #2 te in dallas since he was drafted. so we give up fason who was a 2nd rounder 2 years ago an akin ayodele who was a 3rd rounder in 02 for a fuckin 4th round pick? great job parcells way to steal more from dallas

I love it.....haha....oops, sorry. But I'm a Fins fan. Soon to be called the Dallas Dolphins. Jeebus. We have your coaches, players, and pretty soon Jones will be sleeping with Hazienga. :36_11_6:

Back