What kind of number will we see for the Flyers on Sunday?

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
And is there any reason not to play at least some combination of the 60 minute win & draw? I'd think home ice for round 1 against a Ranger team with nothing to play for should be as close to (that "L" word) as possible.

Regardless of whether its short or not that series is going to be an absolute war, two teams that hate each other

Exactly. And what will be really interesting to see is if the Pens have enough grit this year. Their style played well down the stretch, but in the playoffs you need grit and you need to score ugly goals.

Even as a Pens fan I'm not sure if they have enough of that right now.

O haha I didn't hear it, I just think we are better than the penguins, If we would have won home advantage I would have said 5

Wednesday will start with a W

it will be a good series... Philly is as tough a place to play in the playoffs as any out there... gotta steal one in the IGloo first

true I agree...I think it will come down to how they defend the flyers power play. They are amazing with the power play (3rd best in the east I believe) while the Pengs are 3rd best at stopping it.

Also have to hope Biron can shake off some of those end of season jitters.If i recall he started to do decline this time last year than found a way to put it together

Biron actually has better numbers than Fleury the last 30 games in Save %. Flyers problem is they give up too many shots and the Pens puck possession game has improved dramatically under Bylsma. Pens are averaging 2.4 more SOG than opponents the last 30 games, while the Flyers are -3.2.

SOG in the 6 matchups:

Without Bylsma
Phil 30-28
Phil 35-31
Phil 27-26
Phil 29-26

With Bylsma
Even 27-27
Pitt 28-20

Biron will need to be super sharp to give the Flyers a shot.

Back