• Start date Start date
D

dopples

umass, uconn and akron are worse than we all thought

michigan is looking like a shitty bowl game is their max

ole miss defense is bad low iq team

mississippi st has stupid players low iq

syracuse dont play d bend or dont break but no bend

Pac 12 has hit an all time low. Been saying it for a few years now. They're closer to being the MAC than a power 5 conference. We won't see a Final Four from this sorry ass conference until someone starts recruiting better.

FSU 4/4 1H, FSU opponent 4/4 2H.

UMASS cash train is chugging down the track. However, might have to sit back and watch next week.

Came away impressed with aggression of NDs defense. They wore down, but were definitely up for the challenge.

Holy shit Utah, WTF was that. Continued to put their corners on an island, even though they got burned over and over. Granted that will be the best WR group they face.

With a super advantage in talent, the “U” let CMU hang with them. SMH...

Kentucky looked hung over.

A&M defense looked slow 1H. Jimbo made good offensive HT adjustments.

MSU continues to be an enigma to me. I need to play the opposite of what I think on their games, or simply lay off.

App St has a squad of gamers.

Patterson’s defense guru card should be taken away.

LSU is trying to get Joe the Heisman. Why was he in the 2H?

If your not watching a big Mich game, stay out of in-game.

Watched a lot of football yesterday and could probably give some more, but my mind is tired.

Last edited:
Gambling is about adjustments... Layed off Coastal to start. Kicked myself all first half. Then a soft 2h tt popped. .hammer that... UMass is so bad.

Gambling is about adjustments... Layed off Coastal to start. Kicked myself all first half. Then a soft 2h tt popped. .hammer that... UMass is so bad.

Did the same exact thing but took +.5 for 2nd half and lost on a missed extra point. One of those days.

I'm sure Leach will have some more cute things to say at tomorrow's presser. Maybe he'll get around to addressing how his team blew a 5+ touchdown lead in the 2H to a bunch of garbage called UCLA. And hopefully he'll have something to say about, even after that lead was gone, Washington State having no chance to win because, shockingly, Leach had already blown all of his timeouts midway through the 4th quarter.

More coaching idiocy from that clown.

Last edited:
Texas is a Top 10 team.

Hermann may be a typical coach and could have easily lost the game for his team when he thought he'd sit on a 36-23 lead. My Lord

ECU isn’t any better than they were last year, their Oline is horrid, no real WR game breaking talent, HA isn’t a very good QB. The D front 7 is better but the secondary is still an issue.
Good take, thx for posting.

Looking forward to quotes from Leech about last night. Will probably give us a lecture about how the game was similar to a Ghengis Khan invasion that didn’t go as planned but they rebounded and got it done next time.

Cal has held 11 straight opponents below 24 pts (longest ncaa streak). Ole Miss was inches from getting over that number in the final seconds yesterday.

There are some impressive games in there...holding UW to 10 2018 and 19 this year. Wash St to 19, USC to 14, Colorado to 21....before that they allowed 3 straight teams to score 24+ (UCLA 37, Zona 24, Oregon 42).

The Cal D is really good, very good.

But Ole Miss did have their highest yardage (525) and second highest ypp (6.1) figures of the season on them. And first time anyone has topped 500 yards in a game on Cal since 2017.

Colorado beat a ranked road team for the first time in 17 years (36 games last beat UCLA 2002). And they did it without their best player on O, Shenault, for 2.5 quarters and their best player on D (Mustafa Johnson) who didn't dress.

Kent State rolled up school record 750 yards of offense, with exactly 375 rushing and passing.

Ohio State trailed 0-5. Won 76-5. It was 7-5 end of 1st qrt with Miami actually having a 113-70 yardage edge. Miami finished the game with 130 yards, OSU 601.

Temple led 7-3, but special teams blunder again haunted Temple as a bad punt snap resulted in a 40y loss and set up Buffalo at the Temple 7 and gave Buffalo the lead. Then it started to really unravel. Buffalo got a strip sack giving them the ball at the Temple 19 for another short field TD, and then Temple's best player on D, Shaun Bradley, was ejected for targeting on a 3rd down incompletion leading to a 24-7 HT score and it was curtains from there.

Phil Steele's book says "Ed Foley has been the STC here since 2008 and was retained". He left in July for Baylor. Carey removed him as STC prompting his departure. Foley was one of the best special teams coaches around, Temple misses him.

South Carolina QB Hilinski gave Missouri 14 pts. First, a pass was batted back at the LOS back towards him, he wanted to bat it down, but instead momentarily caught it then quickly dropped it behind him. Upon review, it was ruled a backwards pass and Missouri recovered it on the 1 and ran it in for a short D TD. Then in the 2nd H, he threw an INT in the EZ which was returned 100+ yards for another D TD. Mizzou did have 150 more yards though.

Hawaii continues to be a turnover machine. They lost 4 vs Central Arkansas (2 fumbles, muffed punt and one INT). That makes them -12 margin on the year (dead last nationally). Hawaii was leading 28-9 halftime, but Central Ark came back a bit and UH got ahead of the spread when they converted a 4th-and-1 at their own 40 up just 12 in the 4th leading to a late TD.

People should not rely on Game of Year lines to make decisions. When you have actual data, such as was available for the Michigan-Wisconsin game, you should use the actual data rather than the fact that a Game of Year line posted before the season started was "8 points from the current line."

I do think that GOY lines can be a consideration when looking at a team or game to get a gauge on perception and expectations compared to real world in season results. Vegasvice's overriding point of measuring how a team is playing at the time is much more important than any numbers that existed before the season.

FSU 4/4 1H, FSU opponent 4/4 2H.

UMASS cash train is chugging down the track. However, might have to sit back and watch next week.

Came away impressed with aggression of NDs defense. They wore down, but were definitely up for the challenge.

Holy shit Utah, WTF was that. Continued to put their corners on an island, even though they got burned over and over. Granted that will be the best WR group they face.

With a super advantage in talent, the “U” let CMU hang with them. SMH...

Kentucky looked hung over.

A&M defense looked slow 1H. Jimbo made good offensive HT adjustments.

MSU continues to be an enigma to me. I need to play the opposite of what I think on their games, or simply lay off.

App St has a squad of gamers.

Patterson’s defense guru card should be taken away.

LSU is trying to get Joe the Heisman. Why was he in the 2H?

If your not watching a big Mich game, stay out of in-game.

Watched a lot of football yesterday and could probably give some more, but my mind is tired.

I didn’t watch the game, but I wondered about LSU. It’s like they have a new toy and they can’t put it down. Unless they are running the same plays over and over, it seems they may be giving later opponents too much info. Maybe I’m just reading too much into it

I didn’t watch the game, but I wondered about LSU. It’s like they have a new toy and they can’t put it down. Unless they are running the same plays over and over, it seems they may be giving later opponents too much info. Maybe I’m just reading too much into it
No, you’re not. I watched a lot of the game. Their not holding back, but they do have a NFL playbook now. So, I’m sure there is much more. Joe played WELL, into the 2H. Risk of injury has to loom on the mind.

Cal has held 11 straight opponents below 24 pts (longest ncaa streak). Ole Miss was inches from getting over that number in the final seconds yesterday.

There are some impressive games in there...holding UW to 10 2018 and 19 this year. Wash St to 19, USC to 14, Colorado to 21....before that they allowed 3 straight teams to score 24+ (UCLA 37, Zona 24, Oregon 42).

The Cal D is really good, very good.

But Ole Miss did have their highest yardage (525) and second highest ypp (6.1) figures of the season on them. And first time anyone has topped 500 yards in a game on Cal since 2017.

I think Cal was definitely affected by the heat especially as the game wore on. The Berkeley bubs stayed tough though.

On Burrow, I think the intention was for him to play a series or two in the 2H, finish on a good note, then play Brennan, but things kind of snowballed.

Score was 38-17 due to a Vandy fumble recovery for TD right before half which basically guaranteed he would play in the 2nd.

2H kickoff was an onside attempt returned inside the 10 for a one play TD drive. Vandy immediately answered with a TD to make into 45-24, and basically right back where the half started.

LSU drove for a TD, followed by a punt block TD to make it 59-24. The next drive probably would have been the first available opportunity to get him out, but they took over inside the 10 and all I can figure is they didn’t want to make the switch given the field position. That drive was a sloppy 3 and out and after a Vandy TD he had one more 3 and out before Brennan played the 4Q.

For the most part he’s out there throwing to open receivers or they were making catches and just running through the Vandy secondary. They had to play off because they couldn’t cover and then they couldn’t tackle once they allowed catches in front of them. I don’t really see where they were getting deeper and deeper in the playbook.

With all of that said, injuries are piling up all over the place. Chaisson dressed and didn’t play, so he could be back as early as Utah State. Both starting DEs remain out and didn’t dress. Divinity went down Saturday and will miss extended time. That’s 4 starters in the front 7, and S Todd Harris went out for the season the week before. Nickel and safety play has been a big problem outside of the injury issues in the front.

On offense WR Jefferson went down with an ankle early Saturday and Marshall sustained a foot fracture at some point, had surgery Sunday, and will also be out a month or so.

They did get good news in that the OG Ed Ingram’s legal issue was resolved and he will be rejoining the team after being suspended for more than a year. He’ll work back into the rotation. The bye week comes at a good time but with lines that will likely be inflated against Utah State and Florida, the other side may be worth a look.

Last edited:
Should also note Vandy did get several shots on him by blitzing DBs off the edges so that’s something to watch going forward.

On Burrow, I think the intention was for him to play a series or two in the 2H, finish on a good note, then play Brennan, but things kind of snowballed.

Score was 38-17 due to a Vandy fumble recovery for TD right before half which basically guaranteed he would play in the 2nd.

2H kickoff was an onside attempt returned inside the 10 for a one play TD drive. Vandy immediately answered with a TD to make into 45-24, and basically right back where the half started.

LSU drove for a TD, followed by a punt block TD to make it 59-24. The next drive probably would have been the first available opportunity to get him out, but they took over inside the 10 and all I can figure is they didn’t want to make the switch give the field position. That drive was a sloppy 3 and out and after a Vandy TD he has one more 3 and out before Brennan played the 4Q.

For the most part he’s out there throwing to open receivers or they were making catches and just running through the Vandy secondary. They had to play off because they couldn’t cover and then they couldn’t tackle once they allowed catches in front of them. I don’t really see where they were getting deeper and deeper in the playbook.

With all of that said, injuries are piling up all over the place. Chaisson dressed and didn’t play, so he could be back as early as Utah State. Both starting DEs remain out and didn’t dress. Divinity went down Saturday and will miss extended time. That’s 4 starters in the front 7, and S Todd Harris went out for the season the week before. Nickel and safety play has been a big problem outside of the injury issues in the front.

On offense WR Jefferson went down with an ankle early Saturday and Marshall sustained a foot fracture at some point, had surgery Sunday, and will also be out a month or so.

They did get good news in that the legal issue with OG Ed Ingram’s legal issue was resolved and he will be rejoining the team after being suspended for more than a year. He’ll work back into the rotation. The bye week comes at a good time but with lines that will likely be inflated against Utah State and Florida, the other side may be worth a look.
Great post. Good to see a point of view from a team follower.

Can people please just realize that rankings only have commercial or market value? They make them up so they can say watch Florida on ESPN its a top-10 team! And people don‘t question it. Rankings need to just die.
The problem is not the rankings. It is the narrative...and it won't change. Too many TV companies have their claws sunk in and will continue to bid for viewing purposes. If each conference just went independent of FS1, ESPN...then the narrative would become nullified. Each broadcast company would have no stake. Thus, eliminating bias to any conference.

Sorry, I blacked out...what was I saying?

As a fan of the program that benefits the most from the "narrative" I think it needs to change. I wish we could take the human element completely out of it, or just go back to pre-BCS days and let different organizations distribute national championships however they see fit.

As a fan of the program that benefits the most from the "narrative" I think it needs to change. I wish we could take the human element completely out of it, or just go back to pre-BCS days and let different organizations distribute national championships however they see fit.
Agreed.

It would be interesting to see a timeline of the last 30 years or so that includes the championship system for each period, the list of grievances with those particular systems, and the changes made as a result.

I suspect there would be a common theme.

It would be interesting to see a timeline of the last 30 years or so that includes the championship system for each period, the list of grievances with those particular systems, and the changes made as a result.

I suspect there would be a common theme.
You could be right. I dunno ..the 90s were fun to me. You know why? Bowl games were special.

I'm fine with a pre-season poll to kind of give us a preview to the season, but I wish the voters would use only current information for the rankings week to week, and would feel free to have wild fluctuations week to week, especially in the first month, month and a half.

I'm fine with a pre-season poll to kind of give us a preview to the season, but I wish the voters would use only current information for the rankings week to week, and would feel free to have wild fluctuations week to week, especially in the first month, month and a half.
I think most voters have different methods for their rankings which is part of the problem. Some rank based on who they think the best teams are, some based on resume, some on a combination, etc.

If they’re given direction there will still be differences of opinion, but at least they would all be ranking the same thing.

I think most voters have different methods for their rankings which is part of the problem. Some rank based on who they think the best teams are, some based on resume, some on a combination, etc.

If they’re given direction there will still be differences of opinion, but at least they would all be ranking the same thing.
Level of competition is a gripe of mone that spurns back to the initial issue. It is based on polls. Cupcakes are in no way a determining factor, and that is what they have to go by.

I think if you earn the 1 spot preseason, you should have to lose it. Just because one team chooses to empty the playbook and win games by 70 against shit schools doesn't mean they are better than Clemson. As "meh" as they have looked, they haven't even been in danger of a loss, so it is quite possible they are just ok with being vanilla as hell until they need to not be. I get what everyone is saying, but I also understand the concept of "they earned the preseason 1 spot, they deserve to keep it until they show genuine chinks in their armor"

Level of competition is a gripe of mone that spurns back to the initial issue. It is based on polls. Cupcakes are in no way a determining factor, and that is what they have to go by.

If they made every conference play 9 or 10 conference games, plus only P5 teams OOC, it would be a good start. Of course, that makes it even more difficult for teams like Boise or UCF to crash the party, but not like we're letting them in now anyway

If they made every conference play 9 or 10 conference games, plus only P5 teams OOC, it would be a good start. Of course, that makes it even more difficult for teams like Boise or UCF to crash the party, but not like we're letting them in now anyway
Could careless about the non-P5. Put them in a NIT type playoff.

Last edited:
Back