What Have We Learned Going Into Week 6?

Tim Brando

I like Brando. It was suspect when he called Montell Cozart a "super soph" on Saturday. I think that was before the 4 interceptions. But better than his partner Brady Quinn saying that Kansas needed to keep the game in the 20's, not the 40's, as they weren't built for a shootout. Texas couldn't score 40 in 8 qtrs.

Maryland after getting gouged on defense the previous two weeks vs. WVU and Syracuse, played very well against Indiana on Saturday and only allowed 332 total yards. The defensive line got good pressure on Sudfeld the entire game and LB Cole Farrand had a big day with 19 tackles. Coleman's ydg. came mostly after the game was out of hand for the Hoosiers. Terps have lost both starters Quinton Jefferson (DE)and Alvin Hill (CB) knee injuries for the year and QB C.J. Brown sprained his non throwing left wrist on the first series in 2H and sat the rest of the game. He is ? for OSU and they haven't hung a number on the game yet due to his status. If Brown can't go Caleb Rowe will get the start. Rowe is very good in the passing game (has best arm on team) but doesn't bring the option dimension and running ability that Brown does.

Though my picks against them don't suggest it but....... I called for Maryland to win the B1G lol (it's on Twitter somewhere)

I had them near the top of that conf too .. bet them three of four weeks and wasn't impressed with their defense in any of them ... lay off of them despite pr saying to play and they shut down Indiana. cray cray

I had them near the top of that conf too .. bet them three of four weeks and wasn't impressed with their defense in any of them ... lay off of them despite pr saying to play and they shut down Indiana. cray cray
All I had to do was stop betting them and then they cover two weeks in a row. I really hope CJ Brown is able to play this week.

All I had to do was stop betting them and then they cover two weeks in a row. I really hope CJ Brown is able to play this week.

How's Maryland's stadium? I go to an MSU game every year, and Maryland is now the closest venue to me. Hear it's due for an upgrade/mediocre, where's the best seats in the house?

I think I am done blaming QB's at Virginia Tech. You can go back a lot years and think that the QB underperforms but I think Thomas was better than his college career showed and I think Brewer is better than what he has shown ... you could go back to Tyrod and Glennon1 too. That output against an atrocious defense that Idaho and Purdue could move the ball on was hard to watch.

Beamer is one of th most overrated HCs in CFB history. He has been riding Bud Foster and the miracles he concots with that defense for almost 2 decades now.

How's Maryland's stadium? I go to an MSU game every year, and Maryland is now the closest venue to me. Hear it's due for an upgrade/mediocre, where's the best seats in the house?

Only been to one game there and I was hammered, it was raining, Clemson lost and the Braves lost a playoff game the same day so I will try to keep this as fair as possible. I'm used to wide open green grass tailgating and we had to park in a garage. Fortunately we were on the top floor of the garage and they let us grill out but unfortunately it was raining and cold. Either way the beer made this tolerable. We sat in the third deck which wouldn't been as big of a deal except the other side of the stadium only had one deck. Nothing over the top in terms of fans. A few people yelled expletives at us after the game but nothing unlike anywhere else. Do whatever it takes to stay out of that third deck though. It's the most retarded stadium design I've ever seen

View attachment 37030

UMCP is among the most disappointing experiences in major CFB. Having been to Cole Fieldhouse many times, I was certainly expecting better. Maryland fans are, by and large, an odd mix of Long Island douchbags and Beltway hillbillies (sorry, Tim, love you like a brother; and I grew up a huge Terps fan). Tailgating is difficult and not much fun even if you can. Maryland fans aren't much fun, and don't drink nearly enough for my liking (take a note from BC: if you have a crappy football environment, at least drink as though the world as you know it may end in the 4th Quarter). I haven't been since they added the two decks, but that's also true of most Maryland fans. Oh, that's not true; I saw a lax game there, but that doesn't really count. I like Maryland lax fans. In all, it's certainly not a place I'd go out of my way to get to.

Schrute is being very diplomatic. Maryland facilities, particularly Xfinity Center, are pretty poor compared to other major schools. I haven't been in about 3 years but most of my memories include poor sight lines, asshole fans (particularly at basketball games, no offense Timh), and an overall shitty experience.

Last edited:
UMCP is among the most disappointing experiences in major CFB. Having been to Cole Fieldhouse many times, I was certainly expecting better. Maryland fans are, by and large, an odd mix of Long Island douchbags and Beltway hillbillies (sorry, Tim, love you like a brother; and I grew up a huge Terps fan). Tailgating is difficult and not much fun even if you can. Maryland fans aren't much fun, and don't drink nearly enough for my liking (take a note from BC: if you have a crappy football environment, at least drink as though the world as you know it may end in the 4th Quarter). I haven't been since they added the two decks, but that's also true of most Maryland fans. Oh, that's not true; I saw a lax game there, but that doesn't really count. I like Maryland lax fans. In all, it's certainly not a place I'd go out of my way to get to.

Not to mention that a short trip to the south side of East-West Highway takes you to the nether regions of PG County.

:Angry1:

Only been to one game there and I was hammered, it was raining, Clemson lost and the Braves lost a playoff game the same day so I will try to keep this as fair as possible. I'm used to wide open green grass tailgating and we had to park in a garage. Fortunately we were on the top floor of the garage and they let us grill out but unfortunately it was raining and cold. Either way the beer made this tolerable. We sat in the third deck which wouldn't been as big of a deal except the other side of the stadium only had one deck. Nothing over the top in terms of fans. A few people yelled expletives at us after the game but nothing unlike anywhere else. Do whatever it takes to stay out of that third deck though. It's the most retarded stadium design I've ever seen

View attachment 37030
Dwight that is a pretty good assessment. Byrd is one of those stadiums that they have renovated and added the decks and monstrosity of a press box and suites on the other side and it just looks disjointed. It used to have one of the better grass fields in CF. College Park and PG County in general are not very scenic though UM does have some nice areas on the campus. It has gotten so large over there, I hardly recognize it anymore from the time I was I a student (dating myself).

Maine you're certainly right about the NY/NJ influence and I have to agree that as far as CFB goes it is not a great experience. You will have to give me a little more insight into your Beltway hillbillies descriptor lol.

Schrute is being very diplomatic. Maryland facilities, particularly Xfinity Center, are pretty poor compared to other major schools. I haven't been in about 3 years but most of my memories include poor sight lines, asshole fans (particularly at basketball games, no offense Timh), and an overall shitty experience.
JG the young fans at Xfinity are definitely out of line a lot of the times with their behavior and would agree that facility wise the University with all of it's money should be doing better. I do really enjoy the basketball though and go to most of those games, of course Turgeon is trying to ruin the program right now.

Not to mention that a short trip to the south side of East-West Highway takes you to the nether regions of PG County.

:Angry1:
Jimmy yes and PG County was founded so plumbers and hairdressers would have a place to live lol...

How did he go from beating a disinterested Alabama in the Sugar Bowl to the hot seat? QB misses/injury? I thought Wynn was good

QB misses year after year. Wynn was good but made of toilet paper. They knew he was damaged goods his final year but tried to trot him out there with a bad shoulder and he couldn't get anything on the ball. They finished the year with Jon Hayes who nobody had ever heard of prior to that year.

I don't know why this staff can't get a damn serviceable QB. If Wilson stinks it up first half against UCLA, we damn well better see Kendall Thompson or I'm going to start to think Whittingham wants to get fired. I still maintain the best QB at Utah right now is Brandon Cox. a RS freshman. He's raw but damn he could be a good one when it's all said and done.

Maine you're certainly right about the NY/NJ influence and I have to agree that as far as CFB goes it is not a great experience. You will have to give me a little more insight into your Beltway hillbillies descriptor lol.

There generally seem to be a fair number of slack-jawed troglodytes from Gaithersburg or Bladensburg or Bowie, or some such, who come decked out in their finest $9 Wal*Mart Terps sweatshirt, blue jeans, and a hat they gave away at the Arby's in Laurel in 1987. They look like people who you hope wold have had the common decency not to reporoduce, but who almost certainly have. Unless you know a lot about huntin', the Redskins or gout, odds are you won't ben engaed in any protracted conversations with them, but their mere presence seems to cheapen the experience.

There generally seem to be a fair number of slack-jawed troglodytes from Gaithersburg or Bladensburg or Bowie, or some such, who come decked out in their finest $9 Wal*Mart Terps sweatshirt, blue jeans, and a hat they gave away at the Arby's in Laurel in 1987. They look like people who you hope wold have had the common decency not to reporoduce, but who almost certainly have. Unless you know a lot about huntin', the Redskins or gout, odds are you won't ben engaed in any protracted conversations with them, but their mere presence seems to cheapen the experience.

"We drove out here from Glen Burnie, Hun, and me and my husband will spit our tobacca juice wherever we see fit"!

For the record, Galt and I both went to Virginia, so we bring a different kind of doucheyness to the table.

Gurley best RB in CFB

Winston is as good as he is immature.....impressive

Cal will destroy UW in two weeks.......GOY for me

What happened here man? I thought Cal would win this game too, line went from 1.5 to 4 and I got priced out.

Weird result.

Back