What have we learned after two weeks of CFB?

I am not sure how many teams have lost their first game and then made the playoffs, but if anyone can do it, it’s this Kansas Jayhawks team. To watch them battle against a tough chippewas team and push hard and break that unbreakable decade long 46 game road losing streak brought tears to all fans eyes. We saw a talent level that no teams have achieved in recent memory during that win. A corner has been turned. With our Big 12 schedule and this huge amount of 1 win momentum, Jayhawks will easily run the table and the committee will be hard pressed to leave em out of the playoffs

I am not sure how many teams have lost their first game and then made the playoffs, but if anyone can do it, it’s this Kansas Jayhawks team. To watch them battle against a tough chippewas team and push hard and break that unbreakable decade long 46 game road losing streak brought tears to all fans eyes. We saw a talent level that no teams have achieved in recent memory during that win. A corner has been turned. With our Big 12 schedule and this huge amount of 1 win momentum, Jayhawks will easily run the table and the committee will be hard pressed to leave em out of the playoffs

Nicholls is a quality loss. Like Herbstreit says, "teams that schedule tough games out of conference and lose should move up in the polls"

Nicholls is a quality loss. Like Herbstreit says, "teams that schedule tough games out of conference and lose should move up in the polls"

Absolutely. At the end of the year if you are comparing and ranking the one-loss teams, I don’t think there is any question that this will almost be looked at as a win with as close as they kept it against what is basically a professional team

I am not intelligent enough to understand the new targeting rule. First of all, in the games I watched, I thought too many were called. Liberty lost I thing 3 starters to targeting. It looked to me that in one of them the boy deliberately turned his upper body away from the receiver and still got tossed. The others were questionable , IMO.
Then Nebraska got away with one that I thought was flagrant. BTW, my money was against Liberty and against Nebraska.

I have little respect for Sumlin, but it's still hard to believe Az is so bad—down 35-0 at halftime and I'm not even sure they made a first down…Khalil Tate, who ran for 1,411 yards and averaged 9.2 yards per carry in 2017, has run for a total of 22 yards on 15 attempts through two games. He looks like he is lost in Sumlin's offense.

Nate Landman, the Colorado linebacker I was so impressed with in week 1 did it again...all over the field against Nebraska, in on tackle after tackle, caused a fumble, recovered a fumble, intercepted a pass with the game on the line. Montez is a much better QB than I realized. Neb could have still won the game, but a DB made one of those moron plays on fourth and long with Nebraska ahead late in the fourth...pass was incomplete, Neb takes over and wins the game, but wait...the moron unloads on a receiver after the play was over, first down for Colo, they march down and score the game winner. Martinzez looked good for Neb, but I don't see how Frost can continue to run him with nothing but walkons behind him

I bragged on the Utah State kicker last week and he was even better this week. He's a threat as soon as they cross midfield.

Arizona State looked like a very sound, well coached team again. Very impressive. Players play hard every down, no showboating for the crowd, special teams guys always in the right place. They are a threat against anyone.

I like the way Minnesota was playing, hard nosed running attack, good D, well coached, but they lost their best back in the first Q and had already lost the backup. They can't reload so they are going to struggle on O.

It's not just college coaches who struggle the first week in a new job. There are 7 new NFL coaches this year and they went 0-7 SU, 1-6 ATS.

Texas continues to be a puzzle. Tulsa missed three FGs, had two fumbles inside the Texas 50, threw three interceptions, and had three passes dropped in the end zone and still could have won the game.

Last edited:

Odd he felt that way last year when OSU had a home loss by 20 some to OU but didn't feel same way when Washington had a loss 2 years ago and best non-cont was opp was Rutgers. When Bama was announced last year over OSU he spun out of his chair and had to get up. His act is tiring. At least Joey G keeps it real.

Hawaii - just blindly bet the over anything under 70. They could start 5-0 :eek:

Pitt will always be Pitt, they have zero passing game.

TOO RIGHT about the Rainbows "Alpha Strike" offense. score 43, 59 & 43 first three games BUT allowed 34, 41 & 29. this week @ Army total 62 1/2 AND +6 1/2 AND ML +200 :)

And Kanasa made a smart hire plucking the guy out of LA.......he has been working down here

Pooka, etc

Back