What have we learned after 7 weeks of the season?

why the Lamar Jackson hate, cavs? He went 19 for 39, 332 yards, 2 tds and 1 int, 22 carries for 180 yards and 3 rushing tds ...8.5 per pass and 8.1 yards per rush.

They should put his name on the heisman right now. He's 7th in passing yards and 27th in rushing yards, with no help on his team.

It's pretty much him vs Bryce Love at this point.

Darnold, Rosen, mayfield and rudolph have basically eliminated themselves.
Barkley as a heisman would be one of the biggest jokes in heisman history. He is averaging 0.2 yards more per carry than Jackson on a team loaded with skill talent, and Jackson still has more than one and half times more rushing tds than Barkley has. If he even gets invited to the ceremony they should melt all the heismans and start over.

I guess Taylor for Wisconsin is in the running?

National media picked their Heisman guy early in Barkley...

But, you sir, get post of the year.

I'd go Love at this point of Lamar is eliminated because he already won ;).

172 yards against akron
211 yards against iowa

Ok .. two great games. Tip of the cap on those, but if two great games is the criteria, I can find quite a few heisman candidates at the rb position. Here are the rest ...

88 yards vs pittsburgh. not bad, certainly not great ...
Tevin McCaster rushed for 73 on Pitt
Justice Hill rused for 91 on Pitt (at a better ypc)
kirvonte Benson rushed for 196 on pitt (at a better ypc)
taquon rushed for 112 on pitt
Dontae Stickland rushed for 80 on pitt.

Safe to say his performance against Pitt was nothing out of the ordinary.

47 yards rushing on ga st (note he had 142 receiving yards)

treon harris had 91
seth rowland had 76
sabree curtis had 73
benny lemay had 79

Household names all. Suffice it to say his performance against Ga St was nothing spectacular

56 yards rushing on Indiana

JK Dobbins 181
JT Barrett 61 !!!! Exclam
Jordan Ellis 44
LA Ramsby 108
wesley fields 44
Ronnie Harris 71
karan higdon 200

Ouch. Suffice it to say that his performance against Indiana was not spectacular

75 yards rushing against northwestern

J kincaide 86 yards
d Jones 108 yards
j cleveland 54 yards
Taylor 80 yards
Borten 34 yards

At least he is closer to average against nw than the other ones ..

btw akron gave up over a 90 yard rusher to ISU, Troy, bgsu and western michigan, so while Barkleys game was by far the best against akron, it wasn't super special.

Can we cut it out with this guy? Please.

Some deserving kid is going to get screwed when this guy gets an invite to new york or the trophy will have zero meaning ever again if he wins. Please stop. It's not even that funny. It's just a sad, sad, sad, thing they are trying to force on people.

This is Barkley as a RB...

I pointed this out last spring about his woeful performances last year as Wade etc were touting him as the #1 pick in 2018...

I like the kid, and he can do some special stuff in space.

The agenda was set early.

Different comparison but much like ESPN jammed Peppers down throats last year even when his all-around stats fell off later in the year.

Barkley won this year's Heisman when he made that run against USC last year in the Rose Bowl. That is, until Darnold led USC to the victory

Homer alert, but I'm not sure I'd trade Damien Harris for Barkley

Dabo and his staff still can't or won't put the best QB on the field. Bryant was too hurt to play, and Cooper just isn't good enough. Meanwhile the 5-star who lit it up last week after Bryant sprained his ankle was glued to the bench. The loss is entirely on the staff, who refused to play the best player (despite their motto to the contrary).
what don't they like about Hunter?

I feel bad for Eason. Kid got thrown to the wolves last year behind a garbage OL and no WRs (his best WR was a 5'7" punt returner). He works his tail off in the offseason and he clearly beats out Fromm in the spring and every coach agrees. He gets injured after 3 series and he'll never see the field again this year at UGA (most likely will transfer). Now I 100% agree with Fromm staying as the starter and he is the leader of the team but I still feel bad for Eason. I hope it works out for him.

GT could very easily be undefeated and setting up for a huge game vs Clemson in 2 weeks. I won't shed a tear over their 2 close losses though.

UF's uniforms were an abomination and made our Power Ranger unis vs Boise St a few years ago look good.

Just fade Neb and Tenn the rest of the season.

FSU is 104th in penalties per game and it shows. They are brutal to watch. So many pres-snap penalties.

Dungey at Cuse is a blast to watch.

Not enough of people giving love to Jalen Hurts. He has really improved as a passer and is completing 63.1% with 8 TD and only 1 INT. Not to mention he's rushed for 558 yards and 6 TDs.

ND is quietly one of the best 1 loss teams and should be in the top 10 imo. I think they beat USC this weekend and I'm still just not a fan of Helton as a HC.

Bryce Love is a beast and sadly most people couldn't tell you what team he plays for.

Auburn sucks.

I would love to see Eason end up at Miami with Richt who recruited him to Georgia. Eason has big upside and Rosier completely sucks.

There is no doubt in my mind that Barkley will be a better pro than Jackson. Lamar is a Great college player but that is where it will stop. Barkley is a freaky athlete and a solid person. He deserves everything that he gets. I saw him give away a state gold medal in high school to an athlete that was robbed of her medal because of a timing error. Go Psu!!!!!

I have little doubt that Barkley will be a better pro than Lamar too. What position is Lamar going to play?

But when it comes to who is the better college player, this season ... this isn't remotely close.

I mean you can say Barkley is better but good luck trying to prove that in any way, shape or form, empirically. It would have to be via the eye test ... and if you try to prove it that way, go out and buy a pair of glasses.

Lamar Jackson is the best player in college football right now, and I personally don't think it is very close, though I would be willing to listen to Love for heisman arguments as they would be valid.

Barkley has just been a YUGE disappointment. YUGE. Believe me.

That Rich Rod and his staff must be blind. They stuck with a stiff at QB until an injury forced them to change and now the kid they didn't want to play is running wild. He looks like he is as fast as Lamar Jackson. Once he plants his foot and explodes up field he doesn't have to avoid tackler, he just blows by them.

The DC who was hired last year at T Tech has made a difference this year. Plus, after years of people asking why spread teams didn't spend a few extra minutes at practice and learn to run the ball with first and goal, T Tech went out and recruited some big backs, put in a couple of goal line running plays, and are much more competitive this year. I think they will knock off some favorite at home this year.

No one who has followed Babers was surprised when The Cuse took it to Clemson. If a guy proves he can win at even one school he is a good coach and Babers has now proved it two schools.

Utah remains one of the most reliable dogs in football. 11-2 as a conference dog since the beginning of the 2014 season.

Good point about the job Tedford is doing at Fresno, brewer888.

The guy did one of the best rebuilding jobs ever done when he took over at Cal, then blew it when he recruited some scumbag players who destroyed the program. Some of them were stealing from their teammates in the locker room. Then he killed his career when he promised a recruit (won't mention a name but he de-committed from Alabama to sign with Cal and now plays in the NFL) that he would name his brother starting QB if the kid would sign. The recruit was an excellent player, but the brother was not even average. The program got so bad, and morale was so bad, and the administration was so embarrassed by the criminal element, he got fired and no one thought he would get a head job again.

But he has done an excellent job at Fresno. Probably learned his lesson too and will stay on the straight and narrow at Fresno. Fresno is a threat to beat anyone they play now.

That Rich Rod and his staff must be blind. They stuck with a stiff at QB until an injury forced them to change and now the kid they didn't want to play is running wild. He looks like he is as fast as Lamar Jackson. Once he plants his foot and explodes up field he doesn't have to avoid tackler, he just blows by them.

The DC who was hired last year at T Tech has made a difference this year. Plus, after years of people asking why spread teams didn't spend a few extra minutes at practice and learn to run the ball with first and goal, T Tech went out and recruited some big backs, put in a couple of goal line running plays, and are much more competitive this year. I think they will knock off some favorite at home this year.

No one who has followed Babers was surprised when The Cuse took it to Clemson. If a guy proves he can win at even one school he is a good coach and Babers has now proved it two schools.

Utah remains one of the most reliable dogs in football. 11-2 as a conference dog since the beginning of the 2014 season.

This is David Gibbs 3rd season as DC at Texas Tech. Continuity doing some good there.

Wasn't sure where to put this, Washington State leading WR Martin suspended for Colorado. Noteworthy is the father's reaction in this day and age refreshing to acknowledge his son needs to suffer consequences for his actions:

“He was a little angry, saying things hadn’t gone his way the last couple of games. He broke a team rule and needs to be punished for that,” the receiver’s father, Tavares Martin Sr., told The Seattle Times. “He just made a mistake, and he had to pay a price for it. It was a miscommunication between him and the coaches. He was upset. He said he felt like he should have been more involved in that game.”

Nevada has scored 11 TDs the last 2 weeks. They had 13 TDs the first 5 games.

NIU Senior Christian Hagan is the worst kicker in the MAC, converting on just 4 of 10 kicks this season. He missed attempts from 43 and 44 yards last week. Carey hasn’t made changes, yet, and hopes Hagan produces better at Bowling Green.

After finishing last year No. 1 in the MAC in passing defense, the Bulls are ranked 20th in Division I and second in the MAC in that category this season, allowing 182.1 yards per game. The stat is slightly skewed by playing Army, a military school famous for its option attack, but it also factors in the yardage compiled in a seven-overtime game against Western Michigan.

UB third-string QB Kyle Vantrease getting starting reps at practice
http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/17/ub-third-string-qb-kyle-vantrease-getting-starting-reps-practice/

The No. 12 Huskies lost starting cornerback Jordan Miller to a season-ending broken ankle in Saturday’s 13-7 defeat at Arizona State. Washington was already playing without its other starting cornerback, Byron Murphy, who could miss several more weeks with a broken foot.

The Huskies (6-1, 3-1 Pac-12), idle this week, will likely turn to one of their true freshman cornerbacks — Keith Taylor or Elijah Molden — to start against UCLA next week.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ay-they-have-confidence-in-young-cornerbacks/

Well, Barkley will get his opportunity against UM. ESPN is hyping him with a bottom right screen shot every half hour. His name plastered on the advertising. Not PSU/UM, but Barkley. Either ESPN will win or lose the award for him in this game.

I hate ESPN and their liberal agenda and wish everything they hold dear blows up in their face. But between watching tennis/golf/EU soccer, I choose college football and they have the sport on lock.

I really don't like ESPN controlling so much of college football. What I hate most is that they act like they do in fact own college football, like nothing important happens unless it goes through them.

You can actually sense this as they talk about conferences that Fox has the rights too. Funny thing is, I prefer the look of Fox’s broadcasts. The image is much more pleasing. That, and no Beth Mowens. How many people complain about her commentating? Yet, I hear Mike & Mike praise her (listen on the way to work). Are they toeing the company line, and defending a female in the booth. I mean, it does fit the “agenda”. Or, do they actually feel she is amount the best in the business. Greenberg, which I absolutely despise, I can see. But, not Golic. Hope Greenberg falls flat on his face once they separate. Also, I hope we get a father and son version of Mike & Mike and it succeeds.

I think Papi from HQ should just do everything for ESPN

What I hate about ESPN are these cheaply sentimental sob stories that they show that so indirectly have to do with sports. So we're supposed to believe now that these pro athletes aren't to a large degree primadonnas because they play older brother before the camera? Also hate how they force bitches who can't commentate into the booth like mendonza on snb who just parrots what the guys say. Also hate how they're trying to be more like news broadcasters. And yea fuck their liberal agenda

I think the whole liberal agenda for ESPN is overstated. The owner of the company is a open republican. They follow the news cycle just as anyone else does for the ratings. I personally enjoy some of the off the fields stories because you get to see some things you wouldn't normally get eyes on but recognize some of that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: KJ
How about Herbstriet telling Chris Peterson he should "thank espn" for showing their games as opposed to another network. Yes, everyone should bow down to the "mothership" Herbie.

Herbstriet is an idiot and should be banned from television after spearing the campaign against poor small school but superior tcu in 2014. fuck his buckeyes

I think the whole liberal agenda for ESPN is overstated. The owner of the company is a open republican. They follow the news cycle just as anyone else does for the ratings. I personally enjoy some of the off the fields stories because you get to see some things you wouldn't normally get eyes on but recognize some of that should be taken with a grain of salt.

When does johnnyonthespot come in to disagree lol

I am sure you know Disney owns them. They are far from conservative. I personally line up as a libertarian, so I see good in both. But, it is hard to stomach what ESPN pushes. Sports has taken a backseat all year. It has been said infinite times on site, so no need to cliff note what has already been stated.

I am sure you know Disney owns them. They are far from conservative. I personally line up as a libertarian, so I see good in both. But, it is hard to stomach what ESPN pushes. Sports has taken a backseat all year. It has been said infinite times on site, so no need to cliff note what has already been stated.
Yes I know Disney owns them. I am pretty moderate with a lot of conservative views and I do not get the annoyance. As I said they are following the news cycle and covering things that are not enjoyable but they are covering the news that is out there. Should they just "stick to sports" I am sure that is an argument that could be made, but some of the issues that are being discussed need to be discussed and if this is the way they get brought to light I am personally fine with that.

Tired of it, who gives a fuck

Everyone has an agenda at the end of the day, I'm liberal and think ESPN agenda sucks. Not liberal enough. Let's play ball

And when it comes to pushing agenda you guys must really hate FS1, suddenly Cowherd and crew are overly knowledgeable in UFC, soccer (world cup) and AL baseball....dude wants to suck Judge cock because Yankees...it's disgusting how self promoting an enterprise becomes. Oh yeah, now they have the Big 10 deal and guess what, fanboy. At least they pretty much announce how self promoting they are...

Back