What have we learned after 4 weeks in the NFL?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I did not see much today. Some of late games and a bit of the Sunday night game.

What say you?

Tampa Bay may well have won the last 2 games if they had a kicker that could make a fg - haven't looked but I bet they cut him already. (TB held Cam to like 120 yds passing)

Tannehill will be a good back-up QB somewhere within next few years

Other than Rams/Cards, & arguably Jags/Colts, Raiders/Bears Eagles/Skins, the teams with the better QB won their games.

NY Giants may win NFC East

Rams play their division games differently than their other games

Texans are bad -- I knew it before but confirmed yesterday.

Flags are out of control.

Kaepernick is not an NFL quarterback.

16 teams are basically eliminated from playoff contention already, merely making up the numbers.

A good kicker is invaluable.

Fat Andy is plumbing new depths of shitty coaching.

Peyton is done. Made some real bad mental errors yesterday, that and his noodle arm make it official. Doncs would be 1-3 with even a marginally worse defense.

Have watched 3 of 4 Bengals games, fun team to watch and are a legit contender this season. Secondary took a few injuries yesterday though. Can't make fun of the organization for giving Dalton all that money for now, dude is playing like he's worth every dollar.

Philbin will be lucky if he survives the week.

Eagles, ugh.

Week 4 (so far) has confirmed (at least for now) the notion developed over the 3 previous weeks: that taking both pre-game non-team specific Unders available (full game & 1st half) in primetime is a lucrative business: 18-6 combined record thus far.

Over backers only finding love in 2nd halves (9-3 so far), but of course at that point of making a betting decision (half-time), the general low scoring play already witnessed has conditioned people to be either scared off betting Over or (even worse, given the results) to bet the other way.

Still no instances of a 1st half Over followed by a 2nd half Under in PT.

If my team is going to run block like yesterday, Gurley will rush for 1000 yards and Rams will make the playoffs. I know I know, I said Rams wouldn't win 8 games, but Fisher doesn't have to coach if Gurley is controlling the game on the ground. Foles is doing a great job. Bradford never wins a game like yesterday. The double pump pass to Tavon for a TD was the difference. SB8 takes a sack there or throws it away on 3rd down. Foles is legit. The other factor I noticed was they're featuring Tavon going vertical more. Only took 3 seasons to figure it out. The man can fly.

I'm still going to look to fade Miami on a regular basis, Baltimore also. They are both very bad teams.

Shu not worth a damn, finally a right move by Detroit!

Texans still need a QB and Obrien is dumber than I thought. What a mess, flipped QBs twice within 4 games, neither one is good!

KC season total over 8.5 looking bad, however Atlanta season total over 8.5 looking good

Ryan Tannehill is a soft skinned bitch

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”
Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback.
Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”
Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback.
Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

:rofl:

I could tell from day 1 that Philbin was a shitty HC, the guy has zero emotion.

I didnt see a minute of the Eagles game but I was told the OL is pathetic which hmmmm maybe Chip should have addressed it in the offseason instead of plugging in 2 scrubs to play the guard spots.

I do not like Sam Bradford, he rubbed me the wrong way in the preseason when Suggs tackled him and Bradford cried he went after his knee.. WHHAAHHH. Its football bitch and if you have that mentality you aint succeeding.

Cardinals take:

Scored 6 times, just couldn't get it in the EZ yesterday. 3 turnovers, and fumbling opening kickoff leading to a quick 7, obviously playing from behind early was something I wasn't upset to see, perfect game to see if they could respond. They did, I'm sure the box score doesn't remotely tell the story. Completely outplayed the Rams between the goal lines, lost the game. Just chalk it up to one of those days.

Only real concern was not being able to stop the run game when the game was on the line. I hope it was just a bout of sleepwalking, these fuckers are all getting cocky about how good they are. Maybe that was the game they needed to keep in check, Arians will let em know all about it in practice this week. GL next week SEMCON

I could tell from day 1 that Philbin was a shitty HC, the guy has zero emotion.

I didnt see a minute of the Eagles game but I was told the OL is pathetic which hmmmm maybe Chip should have addressed it in the offseason instead of plugging in 2 scrubs to play the guard spots.

I do not like Sam Bradford, he rubbed me the wrong way in the preseason when Suggs tackled him and Bradford cried he went after his knee.. WHHAAHHH. Its football bitch and if you have that mentality you aint succeeding.

Wasn't their season wins total like 10 or thereabouts? Didn't understand the love.

Cardinals take:

Scored 6 times, just couldn't get it in the EZ yesterday. 3 turnovers, and fumbling opening kickoff leading to a quick 7, obviously playing from behind early was something I wasn't upset to see, perfect game to see if they could respond. They did, I'm sure the box score doesn't remotely tell the story. Completely outplayed the Rams between the goal lines, lost the game. Just chalk it up to one of those days.

Only real concern was not being able to stop the run game when the game was on the line. I hope it was just a bout of sleepwalking, these fuckers are all getting cocky about how good they are. Maybe that was the game they needed to keep in check, Arians will let em know all about it in practice this week. GL next week SEMCON

Worrying signs considering that was the first defense with a pulse that they've faced this season.

Scratch the Cards off the potential Superbowl winner list.

There are virtually no defenses with a pulse in this NFL

What's up with that? The way the game is officiated now, I find myself reserving a reaction to a 3rd-down play, just to make sure there are no flags. Regular plays are now like kick return touchdowns in that regard, you brace for the flag.

In order for Chip's plan to work you need the right pieces. Harder to obtain in the pros than college with the cap and all.

Right now Chip is reaching with his roster, almost desperate with little thought being given.

He must have looked at Bradford's college tapes because nothing he has done in the NFL would lead anyone to believe he was capable of running an uptempo offense.

Gave Chip the benefit of the doubt initially but at this point in time this is a broken franchise.

From the Wide-9 defense to now, Birds nothing more than the league lab rat.

There are virtually no defenses with a pulse in this NFL

Begins and ends with getting pressure on the QB. If you have a decent front in today's league, you'll have more success.

A shitty front puts pressure on the DB's (who are the most affected in this pussified league) equaling flags.

That's incorrect. Ryan was a QB that was used as a WR to get him on the field, because of the athlete he was.

what an entitled punk he is.

I'll tack on to previous comment made about kicking. Seems to me that more games have been decided by kickers than I've ever rememberd.

peyton looked shaky to me....he would throw a good pass and then he would miss by a mile...denver's d will keep them in most games...weakest of the 4-0 teams

miami is soft as a grape....the new hc dan campbell did not impress in his press conf...i think they will get pulverized by physical teams all year

if packers defense improves steadily through the year they will be tough with that offense....rogers so good

cam has looked pretty good....never been a believer but maybe he has matured into the real deal

i wonder if atlanta is good or if we are being fooled again

afc so bad....can't you just see the pats with a first round bye and home field throughout...win the first game at home easily and then host the afc champ game at gillette.....how do they not get to the bowl again?

peyton looked shaky to me....he would throw a good pass and then he would miss by a mile...denver's d will keep them in most games...weakest of the 4-0 teams

miami is soft as a grape....the new hc dan campbell did not impress in his press conf...i think they will get pulverized by physical teams all year

if packers defense improves steadily through the year they will be tough with that offense....rogers so good

cam has looked pretty good....never been a believer but maybe he has matured into the real deal

i wonder if atlanta is good or if we are being fooled again

afc so bad....can't you just see the pats with a first round bye and home field throughout...win the first game at home easily and then host the afc champ game at gillette.....how do they not get to the bowl again?

yep, seems only way they don't go back is if for some reason they don't get home field

Green Bay is the best team in the league. They dominated SF in what was a very tough spot (short week and out on the west coast).

I'm not sure why Miami brought Philbin back for this season. There were rumors he was on the hot seat in the offseason. It's basically a lost season now -- promoting a 39 y/o positional coach and former player.

Todd Gurley dramatically changes the possibilities for the Rams. Can see why St. Louis took him where they did and patient with his rehab ... next beast mode.

Green Bay is the best team in the league. They dominated SF in what was a very tough spot (short week and out on the west coast).

Dominating the Niners means nothing. Krapernick is a bum, Niners got pressure Rodgers all game. If they had an NFL quarterback, SF could have easily won.

That is truly unbelievable.

Back