What have we learned after 3 weeks?

Well the NFL isn't going to schedule games with the thought of keeping RedZone viewers happy. There aren't many teams in the western time zone so it is what it is.

NFL RedZone and the like have to be hurting tv ratings which in turn is hurting the sport. It's not a good thing. Everyone wants instant gratification. All people want to see is the outcome and not what it takes to get to the outcome. Not good.

Well the NFL isn't going to schedule games with the thought of keeping RedZone viewers happy. There aren't many teams in the western time zone so it is what it is.

NFL RedZone and the like have to be hurting tv ratings which in turn is hurting the sport. It's not a good thing. Everyone wants instant gratification. All people want to see is the outcome and not what it takes to get to the outcome. Not good.

I don't even think this statement is even vaguely accurate. NFL Ratings have never been higher and people cannot get enough of it.

Here are 2 weeks of regular season Nielsen's and the last one is a friggin pre-season game

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...for-the-week-ending-september-20-2015/470228/
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-for-the-week-ending-september-6-2015/466861/

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...rs-for-the-week-ending-august-30-2015/455608/

People cannot get enough of NFL football and that is why they can do whatever the hell they want as a league.

Don't really understand what you're trying to say with that post. Of course if there is only one game on nationwide that's what people will want to watch. But less and less people are watching their favorite local team play on Sunday afternoon. At least that's what I'm seeing amongst my family and friends

NFL's come a long way from suing bars for stealing network feeds of blacked out home games with gigantic rooftop antennas. They don't care who you watch or how you watch it, as long as it's the NFL.

Cooper has been better than I expected. Aj green and Julio are monsters. The sec is representing.

Cooper is real good. Not sure if his ceiling is as high as the top tier WRs currently, but he is very polished. Has route running ability like Jerry Rice or Larry Fitz. He looks like a 5yr veteran out there.

K.I.S.S analogy ran true last night and the night before.

When placing a bet, always look at the starting QB's first.

You can do the positional matchups all you want but 98% of the time if you have a bum under center, you'll lose.

You can do the positional matchups all you want but 98% of the time if you have a bum under center, you'll lose.

i was thoroughly reminded of this in college this week. how i pick a green freshman qb over dak prescott, i don't know. hopefully it won't happen again.

going to live NFL games lost the luster several years ago for me

gave up great season tickets (10 years) because every Sunday was a burden, 2009 or so

hated waking up feeling like I had to go, like it much better now. It's entertainment, sure, but not what it once was

i was thoroughly reminded of this in college this week. how i pick a green freshman qb over dak prescott, i don't know. hopefully it won't happen again.

Yep.

And with the emphasis on flags, particularly defensive PI, defensive holding, illegal contact etc. Intelligent top tier QB's are almost unbeatable.

You bet against them at your own risk.

Shit. Just ran my numbers and have Cinci as SB favorites.

2 caveats on this - GB stats haven't been updated yet, and I ran it as Ben out against CIN

Dalton's stat line through three games: 866 passing yards, eight TDs, one interception. And he has the second-highest passing rating (121.0) among starting quarterbacks.

We'll know come playoff time. The Ginger has been brutal in the extra season.

I was surprised I had them so short, let alone ahead of NE. With their 1 division win already on the road, they get PIT on the road without Ben. That leaves 2 Browns games and and the other 2 teams at home, I give them a 61.32% of winning the division. That obviously increases their SB chances

I sense that in Alan's system, the Bengals beat the Browns twice.

I learned that the Browns may have to blow this thing up again. Anyone think they're looking any better than they were two years ago this time, four years ago this time, five, ten? Unless you think Manziel's good, I just can't remember a team blowing the first and second round like this so consistently, with multiple first rounders, and I'm not even including the fresh 2015 class, which has not impressed.

Champions might be built with some late round savvy, but a winning record every few years (I know, tall order) is built on the top of the draft. The NFL designed it that way.

The position units that are supposedly good on this team? They suck. The offensive line paved the way for 39 rushing yards and gave up 5 sacks. At home, to the Oakland Raiders. The secondary has been abused for three weeks.

Here's what's coming. String a few more losses together, Manziel steps in, sucks, Pettine gets frustrated and melts down, calls out players, Haslam fires everyone the day after the season, new regime cleans house and starts over. Happens every three years.

the other problem really seems to be the division....Pitt and Balty seem to be very competent

Doesnt help much

NFL charges a shit ton of money for redzone access...

GET OFF MY LAWN.

i totally see NBA fan as a guy who dresses up and goes to every game.View attachment 39544

that is the crazy part. it is 40 bucks for the fucking SEASON

I have season tickets to the Saints and I have RZ

I may pay 40 per Sunday if I had to

THAT is how good it is

PLUS, everyone watches their team

Dallas must score 30+ to win games with that defense as currently constructed and Brandon Weeden cannot command that output weekly. They got 28 vs Atlanta before Atlanta said ok beat us with Weeden.

i think they were masked as a good defense last year because they had the ball so often. Tired defenses are bad defenses and while I think they'll focus on running clock I'm not sure it will be enough when Weeden isn't threatening anybody downfield

Im still not drinking the kool-aid on Tyrod but Buffalo's D is fun to watch.

not sure what to say about him, but he has looked damn good when i've watched him. Wonder where that was at VT

Agree with NBA....ATL is for real for real

Luke McCown ain't that bad. He has looked better than Brees has at anytime this year. Saints are a mess right now....some interesting young players, but time to blow it up. Let Brees walk next year, let McCown start next year and see what you got in Grayson. And if you suck just enough, maybe draft a QB this year. Or Nkimdiche....something. Either way, Saints are over. Bad decisions, Byrd, Galette, Browner on and on. Nice run, got that Super Bowl and had some playoff runs.

Denver is fool's gold to me. Decent D, but I don't think they get to the AFC ship game, less the Big one.

I don't think JFF is shit, but why not start him off the win? Weird.

OAK is interesting

Penalties this year...wow...no flow to games. NFL needs to figure it out.

thank the Lord for Redzone.....how about those 3pm games...yikes.

left the bar because there was literally nothing to watch, but not sure about the DEN hate. That defense can carry them a long way and I'd rather have Peyton than the QBs at BUF, MIA, NYJ, CIN, PIT (pending Roethlisberger's return), BAL, CLE, IND, HOU, TEN, JAX, KC, OAK, SD, NYG, PHI, WAS, DAL, DET, MIN, CHI, ATL, NO, CAR, TB, SEA, SF, ARI, StL

Does that Indy win springboard them? Luck looked like dogshit all day till early 4th quarter.

So much for Tannehill having that breakout season. Bills defense is really good though which kinda lends to how great the Pats offense is.

Cincy and Baltimore 4th quarter was fantastic.

The premier skill position in NFL right now is WR. Julio, AB, OBJ, AJ and so on. A treat to watch. That is not even mentioning guys like Calvin/Dez/Fitz or young guys like Amari.

Waiting on the wiseplayer rant...

Kaeps comment before game yesterday were funny. What a stinker he put up.

Good to see local dude Rawls play well for Skittles.

AP is back.

Arizona is very good.

if you don't have a stud WR, or your stud WR goes down, you can't win in this league. Gronk is probably that guy for NE, but CIN is a perfect example when AJ Green missed the Indy game last year and they got spanked. Those guys make it 10 vs 9 and that's where teams are winning (especially with the flags)

...still wondering where the MIA love came from, haven't been able to run the ball in years and Suh plays defense

lol

and lol that anyone watches first take

yup

its the only thing i could find on youtube

and first take really isnt that bad... dont really understand the hatred towards to smith & skip

you can't be serious

Still doubt it. At worst they probably broke even but if the worldwide uber-square teaser of the Pack teased with the Over hits I may change my position.

KJ :shake:

BOL has been going nuts with the "oh man did we get creamed this week" and the posting of all the $150k parlays they lost. Really lame

Not sold on ATL yet. They have beaten two 1-2 teams and a team with Brandon Weedon as QB. Their whole schedule, though, is beginning to look soft. Could easily win that division and finish with a real good record

DEN aren't relying on Peyton anymore and his inevitable jello arm in December/January. Trying to rely on the defence and a run game, and just let Peyton pull out the big play when needed (like countless 3rd and longs yesterday)

agree a bit, but they haven't been able to run the ball at all this year

That Alex Smith will always have happy feet - not feel pressure coming - and takes his eyes off WR's when trying to buy time or escape.

Andy Reid is a bafoon

Andrew Luck is a turnover machine and is not as good as the media portrays him ( Ive had this opinion for years)

TB's kicker is awful

Pgh is in trouble as Vick will start throwing picks or will get injured.

Ravens DB's may allow Pgh to beat them on Thurs despite having Vick as QB.

BAL defense is terrible, but does anyone think Vick can win a game against a non-cellar dwellar? Agree on Luck and Reid whole-heartedly

my SuperContest strategy this year almost to a T

Dalton's stat line through three games: 866 passing yards, eight TDs, one interception. And he has the second-highest passing rating (121.0) among starting quarterbacks.

We'll know come playoff time. The Ginger has been brutal in the extra season.

he has been bad in the postseason and i'm not ready to buy in, but i don't remember him ever starting the season this well. Felt like last week the normal Dalton would have choked

I sense that in Alan's system, the Bengals beat the Browns twice.

what gave you that idea

I saw somewhere, someone, calling the Dallas defense 'ferocious' before the game yesterday and was puzzled. Not much has changed from last year.

It was I, sir, who was bamboozled by the Dallas defense's effort at Philly. I was fairly impressed with it in the opener also, but I was shitfaced during that game. It seemed with Lee back that they had to be improved, and they overachieved last year when you compare it to 2013.

I still don't know what happened there. I stopped watching at 21-7 and mentally graded it as a win. Seemed that they were doing whatever they wanted.

'Giants -4 WIN
Falcons -2 WIN
Indy -3.5 LOSS
Steel -1 WIN
Pats -13.5 WIN
Panthers -3 WIN
Cards -6.5 WIN
Seahawks -14.5 WIN
Broncos -3 WIN

That's 8-1 on lopsided sides. If this week was a zig, I'm guessing next week will be a zag.'

Public may have crushed but the 'money' got killed. Vegas always wins even if they tell you otherwise.

No chance anyone booking out there won last weekend (no one I've talked to down here seemed happy today, either). Too many 5-team and 6-team parlay tickets with anything that started early with sides like NE, Pitt, Atlanta coupled with any combination of Seattle, Arizona, Buffalo, Denver and Green Bay. Any game that started after 4 Eastern was a total calamity for people who book sucker action. And the sharpies (who did lose on the Rams, Dallas) only really had Buffalo for a big decision in the late stuff Sunday. They did bet KC Monday night but at that point books offshore and out there were already sunk due to the hookups.

It was I, sir, who was bamboozled by the Dallas defense's effort at Philly. I was fairly impressed with it in the opener also, but I was shitfaced during that game. It seemed with Lee back that they had to be improved, and they overachieved last year when you compare it to 2013.

I still don't know what happened there. I stopped watching at 21-7 and mentally graded it as a win. Seemed that they were doing whatever they wanted.

I totally thought that was an article I read, lol, but gotcha.

Back