What have we learned after 3 weeks?

This deserves a look though...

tomsula.png

Dallas must score 30+ to win games with that defense as currently constructed and Brandon Weeden cannot command that output weekly. They got 28 vs Atlanta before Atlanta said ok beat us with Weeden.

DETROIT again are MF losers BAR I said this before unless you have kids that want to go to ball games I understand but people thata pay money to watch these MF losers are losers in life and should not complain about the lions or baseball

-Think nbafan mentioned it, but with all the changes that atl went through, dirty bird are a completely different team compared to the previous few seasons...

-the perceived value with SD diminishes every week and now that they are going through a huge injury bug (believe o-line is decimated with them), will look to fade them in spots
-read-option with Vick/Bell for a month? Antonio will not be getting alot of love I'd say from Vick
-it was Clausen, but Seahwaks D looked like seahawks d...they just need to get their O clicking and it started to show...Graham's numbers should be on the rise.
-Iggles with Sproles > Iggles with demarco? Demarco was a product of that Oline in Dallas and I know he played a faster tempo'd offense in college but...

Im still not drinking the kool-aid on Tyrod but Buffalo's D is fun to watch.

Week 3 was absolutely wild... so happy I have Redzone.... I got absolutely crushed yesterday.

What I learned is....

The pats aren't going to be prone to the typical let down spots and their team totals might be reaching 33-34 soon lol. Best coach in sports and a team that will not forget what happened this past summer. And I fully support any running up the score or anything the pats want to do. Wouldn't shock me if they go undefeated again and win it all. And this time they can enjoy the win. Feel bad for what is going to happen to the colts in a couple weeks.

Do not bet against Peyton Manning in Prime time. Ever. Period. Broncos might be the only team that beats the patriots this year.... because its a night game :cigarguy:

The seahawks offense still sucks. Might be because marshawn is out but could more than that... just dont know.

Atlanta is for real. There are gonna be some good spots to back them at home. Julio is doing incredible things and that defense is solid. They got caught napping yesterday and its understandable given the situation they came in to.

I'm rooting hard for Carson Palmer/Fitzgerald.... just dont know how anyone can not...

Wonder how much Demarco wishes he stayed in Dallas.

Bad year for fireworks/the NFL

Agree with NBA....ATL is for real for real

Luke McCown ain't that bad. He has looked better than Brees has at anytime this year. Saints are a mess right now....some interesting young players, but time to blow it up. Let Brees walk next year, let McCown start next year and see what you got in Grayson. And if you suck just enough, maybe draft a QB this year. Or Nkimdiche....something. Either way, Saints are over. Bad decisions, Byrd, Galette, Browner on and on. Nice run, got that Super Bowl and had some playoff runs.

Denver is fool's gold to me. Decent D, but I don't think they get to the AFC ship game, less the Big one.

I don't think JFF is shit, but why not start him off the win? Weird.

OAK is interesting

Penalties this year...wow...no flow to games. NFL needs to figure it out.

thank the Lord for Redzone.....how about those 3pm games...yikes.

Regarding oakland... up there with some of the best offensive talent in the league, at least on paper imo... the team has so many options on offense its scary.... and now they have veteran leadership in the locker room.... i faded them hard yesterday because of the situational spot they were in and they overcame it, which says a lot.

The officiating in this league is schizophrenic... there is zero consistency in what is a penalty/what isnt... and they cant even get replay reviews consistent.... they need to do what the NBA and MLB did and have a central command for replay reviews. To say that Stafford was bringing that ball back to his body is one of the dumbest reviews Ive ever seen... he was moving his arm forward right before getting sacked and his arm was hit.... why on earth would he bring it back to his body??....so dumb

in addition... i cannot believe what Hochuli said to sCAM....

Dallas must score 30+ to win games with that defense as currently constructed and Brandon Weeden cannot command that output weekly. They got 28 vs Atlanta before Atlanta said ok beat us with Weeden.

I saw somewhere, someone, calling the Dallas defense 'ferocious' before the game yesterday and was puzzled. Not much has changed from last year.

Regarding oakland... up there with some of the best offensive talent in the league, at least on paper imo... the team has so many options on offense its scary.... and now they have veteran leadership in the locker room.... i faded them hard yesterday because of the situational spot they were in and they overcame it, which says a lot.

The officiating in this league is schizophrenic... there is zero consistency in what is a penalty/what isnt... and they cant even get replay reviews consistent.... they need to do what the NBA and MLB did and have a central command for replay reviews. To say that Stafford was bringing that ball back to his body is one of the dumbest reviews Ive ever seen... he was moving his arm forward right before getting sacked and his arm was hit.... why on earth would he bring it back to his body??....so dumb

in addition... i cannot believe what Hochuli said to sCAM....

Officiating in both NFL and NCAA has gotten really bad the last 10 years.

And second bolded, what was said?

DETROIT again are MF losers BAR I said this before unless you have kids that want to go to ball games I understand but people thata pay money to watch these MF losers are losers in life and should not complain about the lions or baseball

I am so glad I skipped out on spending the day downtown yesterday for both games. Best decision in awhile.

The Pope's influence is strong. He left DC for NY, NY Giants beat the DC Skins. He left NY for Philly, Eagles beat the NY Jets. Now he's left Philly, guess who they play next? DC Skins. The Pope is all about equality after all. Play the Eagles at your own risk next week.

I saw somewhere, someone, calling the Dallas defense 'ferocious' before the game yesterday and was puzzled. Not much has changed from last year.

1) D got gassed in the 2nd half thanks to a very conservative/poorly executed offense that generated only 1 first down in their first 3 possessions of the half.
2) They were also missing Mincey, both McClains, Gregory and Hardy from the front 7. They will be without most or all of them next week as well, but then they should see everyone but Terrel McClain start coming back in Week 5. They will improve.
3) Atlanta has some pretty nice talent on offense. Julio is incredible. Some of the schemes they use to get him open are terrific, I was most impressed with that left hand bootleg they ran with Julio starting on the outside right and basically doing a horizontal streak across the field. He cannot be defended against on that play.

thank the Lord for Redzone.....how about those 3pm games...yikes.

No doubt.

Last night was the first time in a few years I sat down and watched a game all by itself. It was excruciating. So many commericals and replays.

Even when the home team is on, Redzone dominates my bigger TV. It is the only way to watch NFL for me.

Now, they have to do something about the schedule. We have a full 16 game slate, obvious deduct 3 for Primetime and that leaves 13 games. Howabout 8 early then 5 late? That was brutal for late games.

Adding to that, there is usually a great matchup late. Even before the season started, none of those qualified as great matchups.

The Pope's influence is strong. He left DC for NY, NY Giants beat the DC Skins. He left NY for Philly, Eagles beat the NY Jets. Now he's left Philly, guess who they play next? DC Skins. The Pope is all about equality after all. Play the Eagles at your own risk next week.

Haha, that is great.

Does that Indy win springboard them? Luck looked like dogshit all day till early 4th quarter.

So much for Tannehill having that breakout season. Bills defense is really good though which kinda lends to how great the Pats offense is.

Cincy and Baltimore 4th quarter was fantastic.

The premier skill position in NFL right now is WR. Julio, AB, OBJ, AJ and so on. A treat to watch. That is not even mentioning guys like Calvin/Dez/Fitz or young guys like Amari.

Waiting on the wiseplayer rant...

Kaeps comment before game yesterday were funny. What a stinker he put up.

Good to see local dude Rawls play well for Skittles.

AP is back.

Arizona is very good.

Some other thoughts from around the league:

- The fantasy pundits that were predicting a big game from Latavius Murray were spot on. The Browns run defense was horrendous. They also have no running game, which is a deadly combination.

- St Louis is a hot mess on offense. At this point I'm not sure who won the Bradford/Foles trade, it looks like it may be a lose-lose. Despite trailing the entire game, and even with Pittsburgh only running 57 plays themselves, St. Louis only managed 49 offensive plays. Talk about a lack of urgency! I counted at least 3 outright drops, including one at about the Steelers 10 on a nice deep ball from Foles that would've set up a score, along with several throws on 3rd and 6 thru 9 that were all caught short of the sticks. There were other times that Foles wasn't even looking to hit a receiver and was just throwing to a spot that his receiver had no chance of reaching, mainly on their one drive into the redzone and on the deep ball interception with just over two minutes left. I love their DL but other than that they are sorely lacking.

- Speaking of Bradford, I didn't see the game but 14-28 for 118 yards tells me they haven't sorted out their issues yet on offense. Of course I would run a fast paced offense too if it meant maximizing the number of possessions Ryan Fitzpatrick will get.

- It looks like the public crushed this weekend, if the Yahoo pickem percentages are any indication. There were nine games with over 70% distribution:

Giants -4 WIN
Falcons -2 WIN
Indy -3.5 LOSS
Steel -1 WIN
Pats -13.5 WIN
Panthers -3 WIN
Cards -6.5 WIN
Seahawks -14.5 WIN
Broncos -3 WIN

That's 8-1 on lopsided sides. If this week was a zig, I'm guessing next week will be a zag.

NFL = National Flag League. So much laundry in there first 3 weeks, it's insane.

Marshawn Lynch beats to his own drum.

Saints, Niners, Ravens and Lions are all dead to rights. Season over, no playoffs.

Putting Peyton in shotgun may just get that team to the AFC 'ship game.

Bengals are legit, the ginger showed a ton of resolve yesterday and maybe ready to take that next step. We'll know come playoff time.

Steelers will be lucky to win a game with Vick in there. Bungles gonna run away with that division.

All the Dirty Birds ever needed to do given the talent that they have was drop Mike Smith, they did and it's showing this season.

Zona are the most complete team in the NFC but if Palmer goes down, they're fucked and the chances are he will at some point in the season. Dude is cursed.

False win by the Birds yesterday. Lose faith in this team every day. Bradford is as advertised, should be sitting next to Brady Quinn in the basement of CBS.

'Giants -4 WIN
Falcons -2 WIN
Indy -3.5 LOSS
Steel -1 WIN
Pats -13.5 WIN
Panthers -3 WIN
Cards -6.5 WIN
Seahawks -14.5 WIN
Broncos -3 WIN

That's 8-1 on lopsided sides. If this week was a zig, I'm guessing next week will be a zag.'

Public may have crushed but the 'money' got killed. Vegas always wins even if they tell you otherwise.

'Giants -4 WIN
Falcons -2 WIN
Indy -3.5 LOSS
Steel -1 WIN
Pats -13.5 WIN
Panthers -3 WIN
Cards -6.5 WIN
Seahawks -14.5 WIN
Broncos -3 WIN

That's 8-1 on lopsided sides. If this week was a zig, I'm guessing next week will be a zag.'

Public may have crushed but the 'money' got killed. Vegas always wins even if they tell you otherwise.

Steez, pats, Seahawks cover .. All the teasers and parlays that people had with them. I can't imagine the books had a good Sunday . Oh yeah and Denver covering

I think we know less now about some of these teams. It's clear that as long as Palmer is healthy, Zona is a top team in the NFC. Smart money is on Palmer not staying healthy though.

NFL loves parity, but it seems like there are more bad teams than in years past.

and first take really isnt that bad... dont really understand the hatred towards to smith & skip

Arguing just to argue makes for awful television. First Take, just like most of their non live shows, is unwatchable.

It's like listening to that drunk guy at the bar constantly scream at the tv

I'm a Pats fan but.....Pats offense is really good no doubt but after 5-6 weeks of watching film the defenses will start to slow them....Brady is precision personified currently but going undefeated in the nfl is almost impossible....Pats should have lost 2 games in '07 but the horseshoe was properly placed for them...the zone d they are currently employing will cause them to struggle at times...So far this season they have beaten a poorly prepared Steeler team that anyone would have beat,a very good Bills team that spent the week ahead running their gums and thinking after their opening day blowout that they could handle the Pats (overconfidence) and a not very good Jags team that never plays well on the road.....so they really haven't done anything yet....the contrarian is that they look unbeatable and they historically start slow as they develop into a good team and if that is the case and they continue to improve then yes they could be very very good....

The Detroit Lions are the worst franchise in all of professional sports. The whole Ford family just needs to be buried with Hoffa.

Arguing just to argue makes for awful television. First Take, just like most of their non live shows, is unwatchable.

It's like listening to that drunk guy at the bar constantly scream at the tv

yes its arguing just to get their points across... they make valid points

the hatred for them is just ridiculous... espn is what it is and it shouldn't be taken for anything more than scripted arguments....

anyway....

all the star officials in the country, (Hochuli, Joe West, Bavetta, etc) have huge egos and want the spotlight on them... they got into it for the love of officiating but the celebrity status has changed them a bit... thats a problem

It's clear that Hochuli said something that made sCAM stop and do a double take (like a "WTF did you just say?".... there is no reason he would accuse Hochuli of that if didn't happen)

Steez, pats, Seahawks cover .. All the teasers and parlays that people had with them. I can't imagine the books had a good Sunday . Oh yeah and Denver covering

Denver covered but the +3 was juiced to fuck, meaning the 'money' was on the Lions. All the books didn't want to take more Denver cash so they never moved to 2.5.

Psuedo-sharps are the new bettor with the evolution of the internet, the square as we know it is almost extinct.

Biggest pseudo-sharp bet of the day was St Louis. 2nd was Baltimore.

Squarest bet of the day was Indy -3, Colts had enough money on them to feed a small country.

Panthers another one that padded the vault in Vegas.

All my casual betting buddies said Brady never covers big spreads at home because if you have access to the web and and/or get tout newsletters that's what it says.

Vegas too smart to lose and has evolved with the times. Books never tell you when they had a good day because there are too many of them but they're quick to tell you they had a bad one. Propaganda at it's finest.

Books all over the world had a bad day, don't debate that, you're twisting yourself into a pretzel

They'll get theirs, but not yesterday

Books all over the world had a bad day, don't debate that, you're twisting yourself into a pretzel

They'll get theirs, but not yesterday

Still doubt it. At worst they probably broke even but if the worldwide uber-square teaser of the Pack teased with the Over hits I may change my position.

KJ :shake:

Still doubt it. At worst they probably broke even but if the worldwide uber-square teaser of the Pack teased with the Over hits I may change my position.

KJ :shake:

So squares are extinct but have been replaced by uber squares.

Almost extinct Tip, Monday will still always be the squarest day on the NFL calendar.

Not sold on ATL yet. They have beaten two 1-2 teams and a team with Brandon Weedon as QB. Their whole schedule, though, is beginning to look soft. Could easily win that division and finish with a real good record

DEN aren't relying on Peyton anymore and his inevitable jello arm in December/January. Trying to rely on the defence and a run game, and just let Peyton pull out the big play when needed (like countless 3rd and longs yesterday)

I learned that the Browns may have to blow this thing up again. Anyone think they're looking any better than they were two years ago this time, four years ago this time, five, ten? Unless you think Manziel's good, I just can't remember a team blowing the first and second round like this so consistently, with multiple first rounders, and I'm not even including the fresh 2015 class, which has not impressed.

Champions might be built with some late round savvy, but a winning record every few years (I know, tall order) is built on the top of the draft. The NFL designed it that way.

The position units that are supposedly good on this team? They suck. The offensive line paved the way for 39 rushing yards and gave up 5 sacks. At home, to the Oakland Raiders. The secondary has been abused for three weeks.

Here's what's coming. String a few more losses together, Manziel steps in, sucks, Pettine gets frustrated and melts down, calls out players, Haslam fires everyone the day after the season, new regime cleans house and starts over. Happens every three years.

Shit. Just ran my numbers and have Cinci as SB favorites.

2 caveats on this - GB stats haven't been updated yet, and I ran it as Ben out against CIN

That Alex Smith will always have happy feet - not feel pressure coming - and takes his eyes off WR's when trying to buy time or escape.

Andy Reid is a bafoon

Andrew Luck is a turnover machine and is not as good as the media portrays him ( Ive had this opinion for years)

TB's kicker is awful

Pgh is in trouble as Vick will start throwing picks or will get injured.

Ravens DB's may allow Pgh to beat them on Thurs despite having Vick as QB.

Not sold on ATL yet. They have beaten two 1-2 teams and a team with Brandon Weedon as QB. Their whole schedule, though, is beginning to look soft. Could easily win that division and finish with a real good record

DEN aren't relying on Peyton anymore and his inevitable jello arm in December/January. Trying to rely on the defence and a run game, and just let Peyton pull out the big play when needed (like countless 3rd and longs yesterday)

Crazy stat here...teams that Atlanta have beaten are a combined 0-3 against the Falcons

No doubt.

Last night was the first time in a few years I sat down and watched a game all by itself. It was excruciating. So many commericals and replays.

Even when the home team is on, Redzone dominates my bigger TV. It is the only way to watch NFL for me.

Now, they have to do something about the schedule. We have a full 16 game slate, obvious deduct 3 for Primetime and that leaves 13 games. Howabout 8 early then 5 late? That was brutal for late games.

Adding to that, there is usually a great matchup late. Even before the season started, none of those qualified as great matchups.

yep, even with RZ it was tough. Need more games than 3. I woulda cut grass rather than watch just one of those awful late games

Back