What have we learned after 2 weeks of baseball?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
i like it...we don't have as many solid baseball cappers posting on here compared to college football, and baseball can be very lucrative

Haven't been able to follow forum action yet that much but the last 5-6 years MLB forum in April and May is some of the biggest winners on this site, fwiw.

Quick Tigers notes. Still love Victor. I love somewhat being able to manufacture a run. How does Phil Coke still have a job?

The thing about baseball is you go on one bad run and youre so far in the hole and start seeing things so poorly that you just stop...at least that seems to happen to me

to answer your question about what we have learned so far... The biggest thing at this point is it's two weeks which is an incredibly small sample size, and it is way too early to start changing your opinions on things you felt strongly about before the season

That Strasburg and Clippard both make some of the worst pitches imagineable when they are ahead in the count and have two strikes on opposing hitters.

Arizona has possibly the worst rotation. I thought maybe mets, but az is bad. It appears they don't care and it's mid April.

Seattle still needs another bat, I thought they would be okay with what they had...but they really need another bat

can't get a grasp of the Texas offense, one day they smash one day one day they are somewhere else.

Toronto if they continue to get pitching from their bottom 4/5 of Hutch and Mcgowan, will be more competitive than first imagined

alot of shakey bullpens to start the year, but maybe that's because it's still early

Washington still can't hit, although it's getting better lately.

I don't know about that. Tough series vs. Atl, but they are averaging almost 5.5 runs per game despite some injuries.

That won't keep up, but I trust the Nationals offense more than a lot of smart people on here do. Hope I'm the one thats right :)

I don't know about that. Tough series vs. Atl, but they are averaging almost 5.5 runs per game despite some injuries.

That won't keep up, but I trust the Nationals offense more than a lot of smart people on here do. Hope I'm the one thats right :)

I think that's a little skewed they played mets, atlanta, miami, atlanta and then miami again...

Mets = 22 runs
Atlanta = 5
Miami= 17
Atlanta = 11
So far in miami = 9

Of those opponents Atlanta is the only real competition that they've had to face...Not a fan of either rotations from miami and mets as a whole....

6 games against atlanta =16 runs or 2.70 Runs per game
7 games against mets and marlins = 48 runs or 6.90 runs per game

I just think against better teams with above average pens and SP they will struggle to score

Starting wednesday they have a tough stretch of SP's they face:

Fernandez, Wainwright, Wacha, Lynn, Miller that will be telling of this offense as well I think

not sure i'd say they can't hit, but all of their runs seem to come late against relievers

Texas is going to have trouble scoring runs and winning games outside of starts by Darvish. Texas UNDERS should be a good bet especially while Beltre is out, and fading Texas should be profitable.

Arizona's shaky starting pitching and terrible bullpen should be a good source of OVERS, just like they were 2 years ago.

Braves pen is shaky, and the offense is streaky. Braves OVERS will be a good short term play, espcially with Kimbrel's status uncertain.

Twins offense is improved, and pitching overall just as bad as last year. OVERS are a good play.

Giants offense is much better with Belt raking and Morse off to a good start. Lincecum and Vogelsong look like gas cans, and the OVERS should be a great play given how low the totals are for their games.

Marlins offense is better, but bullpen is awful. OVERS should be a good bet, but the starting pitching is underrated.

Astros offsense is dreadful, UNDERS should be a good bet with the right starters (not Harrell) as long as the pen doesn't implode.

Don't know if it's learned or just confirmed but every year is it's own year. By that I mean don't bet the Yankees because of their name or any other team for that matter. Don't bet on pitchers because of their name and how they were last year or in previous years. Look at stats and performance this year only. Forget the past. GL

cologist good morning my brother I hope your doing good betting baseball. what I have learned about betting baseball is don't bet I just can't see paying -150 or -190 juice on any game. unless you like betting underdogs because I believe when betting a big chalk even if you win that game the risk in not worth the reword . I think if a gambler has to bet on sport's your better off betting on the money game football it's like 9 ball in pool the money game but bol betting on baseball see you in football

Az team era almost 6. I guarantee that will improve..

Minnesota team era 5.17.. I guarantee it will stay the same or get worse...

My plays today :

Blue jays team total over
Astros team total under
Pirates

Pirates - 108
Gerrit Cole is a bonafide stud.. Leake is
pedestrian at best.. Pirates bats starting to
heat up and pirates batters have
tremendous success vs Leake... Reds
bullpen is atrocious...

Uggla = K and a chance to hit below the Mendoza line....

owl_3.jpg

Back