What have we learned after 10 weeks of college football?

The fucking STUPID pussy NCAA needs to change its rules. Its an absolute CRIME that Devin White had to miss half of the biggest game of his life for fucking pushing Nick Fitzgerald. Like an announcer said there needs to be something like a Flagrant 1 and Flagrant 2. These college athletes only get so many opportunities to play, most of them don't go pro, and college is special anyways. They should only miss for something really, really egregious, not this borderline pussy bullshit like a fucking shove. FUCK the pussy NCAA

Did Devin White play in the 2nd half either?

Michigan did what I thought they'd do, dominate a terrible PSU squad with no pulse. Now, Rutgers, IU (no im not scared at all, thats preposterous) and then OSU. It's all about OSU. Win that, go to B1G champ and win against whoever the west is submitting this year. Its all on the table for us this year. But Im not convinced until we beat OSU. Its all that matters.

not a set up, just making the point that he wasn't much of a factor, despite Danielson talking him up in the 1H like he was a combo of Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas.

Yea i mean you‘re beating up a strawman there that announcer was a complete dumbass. He also kept talking about the „11th man“ but never even realized his basic math error.

I've watched a ton of games called by Danielson over the past decade, and I think last Saturday night was his worst by a long shot. I don't know what was going on, but he was off. Verne would get confused on names time after time, but I think he was much better than Nessler is. Hope CBS gives Neuheisel some more games in the future.

That was a miserably called game by Danielson, I even made a couple phone calls saying "are you listening to this?"

Last edited:
I think they will revisit the suspension and ejection part of the rules but it could be tough to go backwards in player safety for them. I just hate the ones where I see a form tackle and helmets end up hitting.

While they are discussing that rule change, I hope they can address PI on an underthrow.
It'll never go back, but the rule changes I hate the most are those that continually legalize more and more intentional grounding. Let's reward the defense for a good play.

Last edited:
Pitt wins to get to 5-4 and that’s 3 covers in a row. It’s a season of what ifs for them. Losing 2 close games to Notre Dame and North Carolina and having to play 2 horrible weather games vs UCF and Penn State. Still, they’re in first place and have a chance to play for their first conference championship. Amazing.
And don't forget -- Clemson has never beaten Pitt.

Last edited:
I've watched a ton of games called by Danielson over the past decade, and I think last Saturday night was his worst by a long shot. I don't know what was going on, but he was off. Verne would get confused on names time after time, but I think he was much better than Nessler is. Hope CBS gives Neuheisel some more games in the future.
Everyone in Texas loves Verne, who did Cowboys game for a long time. He did an interview on 1530 a couple weeks ago in which he recounted his most embarrassing on-air incident, a continental mix-up. He reversed the "c" and the "p" once while complaining about the Cowboys' punt coverage.

It was just hard to watch Verne starting 7 years ago. He never knows the down, he never knows the distance, he rarely knows the score, he gets the names wrong, he sometimes doesn't know who has the ball ... he is incoherent a lot .... entertaining guy but factually wrong all night.

Everyone in Texas loves Verne, who did Cowboys game for a long time. He did an interview on 1530 a couple weeks ago in which he recounted his most embarrassing on-air incident, a continental mix-up. He reversed the "c" and the "p" once while complaining about the Cowboys' punt coverage.

Most think that the knowledge that he'd be covering multiple Alabama games with Tua as starting QB is what forced him to retire

Gary was awful on Saturday. He's actually been awful since he left ABC etc eons ago. But, he was tolerable. Saturday, not so much.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but any info on the 2 NW DBs who went out against Notre Dame and their liklihood of being back this week or next?

Just for potential hope of my Purdue 50/80-1 B1G tickets I have to assume Iowa gets it done this week and Purdue survives against the new defense in Minny.

If that happens....

What will the expected line be of Northwestern at Minny next week? That's my only true glimmer of hope although maybe the Illini have a little life in the finale (could even be playing for a bowl game).

I played Tua and Haskins and while I'm happy I'm still wondering why I played Haskins....no one else even had a shot
Haskins had the value. If he doesn't put up a stinker or if his team had played up to expectations he'd still be "in it" with a showcase game or two left while Bama will basically have exhibitions till the finish (no Aub isn't even a realistic stay within 20 type team).

Pitt wins to get to 5-4 and that’s 3 covers in a row. It’s a season of what ifs for them. Losing 2 close games to Notre Dame and North Carolina and having to play 2 horrible weather games vs UCF and Penn State. Still, they’re in first place and have a chance to play for their first conference championship. Amazing.

Don't want to sell Pitt short, I am a fan right now, but I don't recall any weather in the UCF game when I was watching - unless you mean the heat? I think the refs more than the weather hurt them, but in reality that wasn't a game Pitt had much of a chance in. If they played right now, maybe.

South Florida is shot and should get clobbered by Cincy

The Crap12 is still to me an unwatchable conference. Every team except maybe Wash st vastly overrated. All would be hard pressed not to lose at least 3 games in the SEC

OHIO ST has not covered in months and barely beat Nebraska at home. Their "LUCKY" win at Penn St no longer looks impressive. Would not be surprised to see Michigan go the Horseshoe and blow them out. Speaking of Michigan and that wacko Harbaugh, could we see them have a rematch with Notre Dame now that Patterson is acclimated and Kelly finally got his QB situation fixed?

LOUISVILLE has become the NCAA'S OAKLAND RAIDERS

FLORIDA FOOTBALL has turned to shit as soon as I moved here..It must be me

This week Clemson will see what it's like to play college football again . No more cream puffs,Would not be surprised to see BC cover especially if it gets a little cold and snowy in Boston

Haskins had the value. If he doesn't put up a stinker or if his team had played up to expectations he'd still be "in it" with a showcase game or two left while Bama will basically have exhibitions till the finish (no Aub isn't even a realistic stay within 20 type team).
Very true...Haskins 30-1 definitely had value and was a nice hedge to my Tua place but in hind sight this thing was over before it started.

I had 10 adults and 7 kids at my house Saturday night. I told the kids to make more noise so I wouldnt have to listen to Danielson. Only time Ive ever wanted screaming kids around me.

The Crap12 is still to me an unwatchable conference. Every team except maybe Wash st vastly overrated. All would be hard pressed not to lose at least 3 games in the SEC
That's quite an understatement when 10 of the12 teams have already lost three games in the PAC.

Don't want to sell Pitt short, I am a fan right now, but I don't recall any weather in the UCF game when I was watching - unless you mean the heat? I think the refs more than the weather hurt them, but in reality that wasn't a game Pitt had much of a chance in. If they played right now, maybe.

You are correct. I thought this was their other bad rain game, but it was not. It was Syracuse.

Speaking of Michigan and that wacko Harbaugh, could we see them have a rematch with Notre Dame now that Patterson is acclimated and Kelly finally got his QB situation fixed?
Which one of them is going to beat Alabama first?

This week Clemson will see what it's like to play college football again . No more cream puffs,Would not be surprised to see BC cover especially if it gets a little cold and snowy in Boston
BC and NC State (41-7, three games back) are about as even as two teams can get, so I'm not seeing the big challenge, but that's why they play the games. As for the weather, Clemson's best player is from Massachusetts. I'm surprised to see that Clemson only has two players in the two-deep from Florida. But it could be a factor, you're right.

Last edited:
BC and NC State (41-7, three games back) are about as even as two teams can get, so I'm not seeing the big challenge, but that's why they play the games. And Clemson's best player is from Massachusetts.

Whats strange AF as I did not post what you are replying to here.

He also referred to TAMU as " Agricultural and Military", which totally incensed a buddy of mines dad . He was class of '59.
I didn't hear it or I would have not been impressed either since he has spent so much time in Tx.

Wyoming joined the club of teams who named a true freshman QB and became completely different teams (Iowa State, Texas Tech, BYU and a few others are also in the club). Wyoming is a team to be reckoned with now.

Buffalo made a move I wonder why more teams don't make--hire a coach who has proved beyond a doubt he can win at the college level instead of taking a blind chance on an assistant who has never coached a down on any level as a head coach--and it paid off. Buffalo qualified for a bowl last year although no one picked them, and may win the MAC this year. Lance Leipold was 109-6 at Wisconsin-Whitewater with six national titles. He proved he knows what he's doing.

Utah's QB is out for the season, Not sure who starts now, but whoever it is has no experience.

Kansas fired their coach (he'll finish out the season) but the Jayhawks are no longer hopeless. They have speed, have some talent, play hard, and have a QB who looks pretty good. The next coach will not start from zero like the current guy did.

Ohio State is a mystery this year. Loaded with talent and yet something is missing. They can't run the ball despite having two backs who have shown they are among the best in the country in previous years, the defense is loaded with talent but seems to fall asleep at times every game, and Urban looks like a sick man. I don't see any way they beat Michigan unless they come out of their daze.

The rule against leading with the helmet has been in effect for the entire career of anyone playing college ball now. From the time they started playing organized ball that has been the rule. So why do guys keep doing it in every game. Even guys who have to sit out a half go right out and do it again. How can anyone be this dumb?

I doubt there was anyone in the country who was not surprised Texas went for the long TD with two minutes plus left in the game. West Virginia could not stop them, they were moving down the field at will, and then suddenly went for it all. They scored, but both announcers and everyone else in the country immediately said, "wow, they left a long time for W Virginia and they haven't stopped them all day." To me it was the reverse of teams on defense when the other team has a one point lead and first and goal with a minute left and the defense just sits there like rocks and let the other team run out the clock.

Last edited:
Back