What do you do with South Florida?

I worry about the safeties, and that will be huge vs good QBs & WVU/Baylor but stoops byes before all real roadies. That's huge

Not sayin they will be savanna state garbage, i jus think they will have a slip this year after losing jones.

I like Texas a lot right now

Obviously the talent is there .. we know the current defensive roster is capable of doing what they did in 2011 since it is basically the same players... but we also know they are capable of doing what they did last year for the same reason. That is what makes it tough..... going into last year almost everyone I knew ( including Texas insiders ) thought the defense being good was a given and that the offense was the big "?" ...... a year later the opposite is true ... again with similar roster. If it wasn't for the coaching staff it would be easier to have confidence in these underachievers ( pot ftl again ).

Fuck defense in the Big 12, it's shootout central. OU got RB 2wrs, 4/5 OLs returning and the replacement def guys are big time playing under stoops system. This could be a GOOD OU team

Talking like they might use read option and run more ... oh my.

Oklahoma the lowest they have been in my preseason pr in a long time .. so should make a title run

big12 kinda sucks this year really ... isu down, kstate down, wvu down, ou down, Baylor likely down or similar, texas tech up, Kansas up but so what, texas up .... who am I forgetting? oh okie state similar. TCU maybe the only WAY UP team in the conference unless you are buying the texas koolaid.

You guys are talking way too much about South Florida.

It's an up and coming top 25 program but right now to many peaks and valleys while the talent level increases. Their record might not be all that but they keep improving.

Idk how Tennessee scores much. If they are lined like last year (which I doubt) there could be some good opportunities

Same thoughts Tru, I can see 9 wins & if luck goes their way maybe 10. Offense is a juggernaut, D a year older and can't get worse. Shitty league & good sched

VERY interested in them + pts vs @ohio @ VT & @Tulsa

I'm with the majority of you on Stanford. Another year removed from Luck and Harbaugh, and while all their losses last year were narrow ones, they very easily could've lost to SJSU, Zona, Wazzu, Oregon St, and Oregon. Also caught UCLA in a perfect scenario as the Bruins laid down to avoid facing Oregon in the P12 title game. Hogan is an upgrade over Nunes for sure, but not much around him at the skill positions, and I don't exactly see them bringing in top-tier talent. Where everyone was way too low on them entering last year (the win total opening at 7 was silly), this top five talk now is crazy IMO. If we get a win total at 9.5, which I think is very possible, gonna be hard for me to not go under.

Yes and no. Skill guys have been and continue to be average, but the lineman are absolutely stellar. Outside of maybe a couple teams in SEC I'm not sure that anyone has recruited the LOS better than David Shaw the last two years. That is what allows you to go from Gerhart to Taylor to Gaffney to whoever and not miss a beat.

Yes and no. Skill guys have been and continue to be average, but the lineman are absolutely stellar. Outside of maybe a couple teams in SEC I'm not sure that anyone has recruited the LOS better than David Shaw the last two years. That is what allows you to go from Gerhart to Taylor to Gaffney to whoever and not miss a beat.

I agree with both of you. I watched several Stanford games last season (and the Notre Dame game several times when I was capping the national championship game), and each time I came away thinking how utterly nonathletic they are. If they had a few legitimate playmakers they may very well be a top 5 type of team, but they don't so they'll again have to rely on bludgeoning people in the trenches. What David Shaw has done at Stanford with the talent he has had is nothing short of remarkable IMO. The guy is a helluva coach.

I agree with both of you. I watched several Stanford games last season (and the Notre Dame game several times when I was capping the national championship game), and each time I came away thinking how utterly nonathletic they are. If they had a few legitimate playmakers they may very well be a top 5 type of team, but they don't so they'll again have to rely on bludgeoning people in the trenches. What David Shaw has done at Stanford with the talent he has had is nothing short of remarkable IMO. The guy is a helluva coach.
agree there

Same thoughts Tru, I can see 9 wins & if luck goes their way maybe 10. Offense is a juggernaut, D a year older and can't get worse. Shitty league & good sched

VERY interested in them + pts vs @ohio @ VT & @Tulsa

Careful on the tilt in Athens. That is a HUGE rivalry game from the old days...

Back