What did we learn week one?

When the Clem xpt was blocked/missed leaving the game 19-6 i knew i was fucked... and would get the backdoor woodshed up the ass late score from Auburn to land on 6. Even then it took a stupid roughing penalty to keep a drive alive or Aub would have faced a 4th and 10 with low percentage for keeping the drive alive. There's times you just know you're going to get the high colonic....Also knew no way Dumbo was going to kick a fg at the end despite being up only 6 at the time so wasn't surprised there, it was just the woodshed coming to fruition.

Yup. x 100.

Re: Colorado State...Woefully untalented team. I somehow watched 2.5 hours of that CU game and CSU is going to have a rough go this season.

What was the deal with the atrocious passing stats for the Rams? Does CU really have a strong pass D?

I figured the transfer from UGA would be bad, but Stevens was the returning starter with decent numbers last year.

Both CSU QB's looked horrible. As stated previously, it's like they were playing baseball. The first series the UGA transfer came in he threw a fastball that bounced 5 feet in front of his intended WR's feet.

Yeah, who knows - maybe CSU improves week 1 to week 2, or so that saying goes. But I was amazed not only at how poor its QB play was but, in general, just what appeared to be a very bad football team - not only poorly coached but just lacking talent.

Wisky getting to #10 in the rankings is such a massive overreaction.

Brandon Harris was their best player in Week 1.

Wisky getting to #10 in the rankings is such a massive overreaction.

Brandon Harris was their best player in Week 1.

The week 2 polls are the most over the top reactionary polls I've ever seen

Well, the polls should be based on results and in theory they had one of the best results of the week. It isn't, or should not be, about which team is best .. otherwise it is worthless (It is anyway). It is about which team has actually done the best.

Except that you don't know whether LSU will win a game all year. The week 2 polls aren't based on which teams have done the best since they presume that certain wins are better than others because they continue to presume that certain teams are better than others.

IT appears UTSA cannot make an xtra pt.
I'm looking to take the points vs. CSU

Really ? I came away unimpressed by UTSA's performance vs a really weak Alabama St. team. CSU looked awful I know but if Bobo switches QB's and names Bauta the starter I'll take CSU. And I would be worried about losing a cover due to the poor kicking game, Portillo is awful and missed 5 xp's last year and was only 10-17 in FG's.

The punter sucks too.

I hope UTSA coach does well. I think he will get some kids......can be coach?
Who knows.....I know he can recruit

IT appears UTSA cannot make an xtra pt.
I'm looking to take the points vs. CSU

I'm looking to fade CSU again this week. I'm just not sure UTSA is the team to do it with, particularly when they don't appear to have a kicker that can kick it through the uprights from 20 yards away.

Will probably be a 2-loss team in the playoff this year.

Least hurt by their Week 1 loss was Oklahoma.

Except that you don't know whether LSU will win a game all year. The week 2 polls aren't based on which teams have done the best since they presume that certain wins are better than others because they continue to presume that certain teams are better than others.

Agreed

I disagree because they have OSU on their schedule. They have to win out after losing Saturday. Don't see it and certainly don't see them getting in with another loss.

Kizer named starter for ND. Makes sense because after all the football I watched this weekend I think about 120 other teams would name him their starter as well

I learned that amazingly, WKU might not miss Brandon Doughty. Didn't Mike White suck at USF, I can't remember but I thought he was there when they played like 4 QBs when Taggert first got there.

Anyway...25 of 31 for 517 yards, 3rd most in WKU history, 10th most in CUSA history. 80% completions and 500 yards. I know Rice has had some bad defense before, but damn.

White threw for 6.1 ypp when he was at USF. Last year, Rice allowed 36 pass TD's against just 2 INT's. And 10 yards per pass. Looks like nothing's changed.

Washington is the best team in the pac 12.

I think they are going to be the most improved along with CU but I'm not sure I'd crown them as the best just yet. I haven't even looked at their schedule but they could have a great year no doubt.

I think they are going to be the most improved along with CU but I'm not sure I'd crown them as the best just yet. I haven't even looked at their schedule but they could have a great year no doubt.

No thoughts on the Holy War? I like the Utes. Think they are better in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

No thoughts on the Holy War? I like the Utes. Think they are better in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Agreed. AZ really looked out of sorts against BYU and Solomon made some horrible decisions with the ball. Utah won't be giving their WRs a 10 yd cushion all night and I expect their D line to give the BYU OL fits. Hill definitely didn't look the same out there to me either, still quick for a QB but he wasn't nearly as fast as before all of the injuries. I think he's a little hesitant to run unless absolutely necessary given his injury history but he will have to scramble against the Utah D.

Utah by 7-10 but you never know with a rivalry game.

Agreed. AZ really looked out of sorts against BYU and Solomon made some horrible decisions with the ball. Utah won't be giving their WRs a 10 yd cushion all night and I expect their D line to give the BYU OL fits. Hill definitely didn't look the same out there to me either, still quick for a QB but he wasn't nearly as fast as before all of the injuries. I think he's a little hesitant to run unless absolutely necessary given his injury history but he will have to scramble against the Utah D.

Utah by 7-10 but you never know with a rivalry game.

Thanks for your reply.

I'd be willing to lay a fg, but no more.

I learned Someone needs to buy Dabo an abacus or some shit to teach him how to count...because going up 9 means letting a team potentially score 7 can't beat you at the end of the game.

i don't buy that this stuff was fixed, but this and the MINN decisions are unfathomable and unforgivable

USC gave up

UCLA receivers dropped so many passes. Rosen struggled at times, but he got it going late.

Rosen was stupid for his comments about 50k+ and played really badly when I was watching. I'm not a believer

Based on week 1 results, I learnt that Oklahoma are winning the Red River game

hope you're right

What I learned the most? Lower my wagers. This season could get weird.

odd week i'd agree, but i would love to hear more about the lowering wagers strategy? Besides one season where I did really well in NCAAF, I haven't and rarely touch it now, but idk how I could handle winning half a unit on every play in the first two weeks then lose a "normal" play for twice that the next? I'm of the school that you play every wager you make each season for the same amount and have yet to see anything that makes sense, so I'd love to know why

The week 2 polls are the most over the top reactionary polls I've ever seen

UT jumping to 11 is hilarious and makes me nervous that a team who has been a failure for years doesn't handle it well

agreed

Kizer named starter for ND. Makes sense because after all the football I watched this weekend I think about 120 other teams would name him their starter as well

completely agree, kelly looked like he forgot Zaire is lefty on one of the playcalls where little Vaccaro got a sack. When you have 2+ QBs, you still have none

Back