What did we learn in Week 5?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I re-tweeted it on twitter and whoever said it is so correct....

For 20+ years the Lions had a great kicker and no team....they they have a team and no kicker...

Just brutal way to lose even with all the injuries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manning was soooo impressive yesterday. I cannot say enough.

Pats and Tom bounced back big but I think that is more of an abberation than the norm moving forward.

There are some really bad teams in the league, moreso than usual.

Ken Whisenhunt is an assclown who has a PhD from the Any Reid School of Clock Management

Ken Whisenhunt is an assclown who has a PhD from the Any Reid School of Clock Management

And Andy Reid is still Andy Reid. 12 men on the field penalty late in the game may have cost his team 3 points and surely cost his team valuable time on the clock. That penalty helped cash my SF -4 ticket, which felt good after putting up with years of Reid's poor coaching in pressure situations.

Teams winning the turnover battle a cruising along at 80% ATS so far this season, with +2 or better covering at 85%.

Denver became the 5th team this year to cover the spread despite being -2 in the turnover battle.

San Diego has won the turnover battle 4 out of 5 games and are 5-0 ATS.

Jacksonville has lost the turnover battle 4 out of 5 games and are 0-5 ATS. The Jests have lost the turnover battle 4 out of 5 games and are 0-4-1 ATS.

Atlanta, Arizona and Miami have all both covered a game despite being negative on turnovers and lost a game ATS despite being positive in turnovers.

There were three games this week that could've been middled. Cleveland opened a 1 point dog most places and briefly ticked in a 1.5 favorite in some spots. The Eagles and Niners games both saw dropping spreads from mid-week to kickoff that allowed the home team to cover. I'd defer to the pro's memories but its been awhile since I can recall seeing so many middles pop up in the same week.

Lions fans will go to any means necessary to try to get a win including laser pointing the opposing QB and Kicker

Vontez. Burfict. It's crazy thinking back and him being in drafted. He's not just the heart of the Bengals defense, he's the leader of the team. Irreplaceable.

No idea if true but it was on the front page of ESPN...that makes it 50/50

It's true, Eric Wood was on the local sports radio show here yesterday for his weekly chat and talked about it at length. Someone was using a laser pointer in that stadium. The NFL and the Lions are apparently investigating the claim.

There is some video evidence of the laser pointer being used...

Sal Capaccio @SalSports Follow Here's slo-mo of the laser at Bills offense. This is play Orton complained after. Watch between DE/TE at top: https://vine.co/v/OKDO1Dnq1Hz

Someone decided to tweet that they were the person who was using the laser pointer....but no idea if it was really them.

The Detroit Lions have announced that the team is investigating an incident that took place on Sunday involving a fan who was shining a laser pointer on several Bills players, including quarterback Kyle Orton and holder Colton Schmidt.

During the second half Buffalo's 17-14 win over Detroit, cameras caught Orton complaining about something to the refs. It wasn't clear what Orton was complaining about at the time, but after the game, he said he was complaining about the laser pointing fan.
The Lions released a statement saying they're trying to get to the bottom of this.
"We are aware of the reports from today's game involving the use of a laser, and we have been in contact with NFL security regarding this issue," the team said in a statement. "Lasers are a prohibited item at Ford Field. While Ford Field security was unable to identify anyone using a laser at today's game, any future occurrence will be dealt with accordingly."
The fact that Ford Field security wasn't able to identify the laser-pointing fan might not matter though because the fan got a little overzealous and identified himself -- on Twitter.
<figure>
Twitter-laser-guy.final.png
<figcaption>This tweet has been deleted from Twitter, but not the internet. (Twitter/@MarkoBeslach) </figcaption></figure>The tweet you see above has since been deleted and so has the @MarkoBeslach account, but thanks to the internet, the tweet will live on forever and it's unlikely Beslach will be welcomed at anymore NFL games.

Got supplement that #1 rated defense, lol.

Only heard the local sports radio show for a few minutes today, but they were talking about this and wondered why it hasn't happened more often, given how easy it is to get some pretty powerful laser pointers. Of course, as they were talking about it, they realized that now it probably will happen more often as others have seen the guy in Detroit using one. I would certainly hope this incident wouldn't implore other idiots to try it themselves, but with the mentality of many fans out there, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

If an official happened to see it on Sunday, or if this happens again and an official sees it...what happens? Can they call a penalty on the defense, or have the play replayed?

re-affirmed again that this league is a W2W league. Learned the Chip is still Chip...going up 3 scores and goign to prevent with about a quarter and change left to almost losing SU. SF's redzone inefficiencies may cost them sooner or later

Vontez. Burfict. It's crazy thinking back and him being in drafted. He's not just the heart of the Bengals defense, he's the leader of the team. Irreplaceable.
As is Pierre Thomas in a way for the Saints(not as big as Burf for yall, as in we have Brees)...undrafted and smallish but the heart of a lion

If the team had his heart they would actually be good....

Only heard the local sports radio show for a few minutes today, but they were talking about this and wondered why it hasn't happened more often, given how easy it is to get some pretty powerful laser pointers. Of course, as they were talking about it, they realized that now it probably will happen more often as others have seen the guy in Detroit using one. I would certainly hope this incident wouldn't implore other idiots to try it themselves, but with the mentality of many fans out there, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

If an official happened to see it on Sunday, or if this happens again and an official sees it...what happens? Can they call a penalty on the defense, or have the play replayed?
Copy Cat league

They are metal though aren't they? How do they sneak em in?

That Kansas City team is for real. The Royals of course.

Back