• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

What did we learn in Week 15?

I agree. I was going to digest for a night and get to this in the AM. Good to get it started sooner than later, though.

I'll have stuff to add in the morning.

Steve Smith and Andre Johnson are by far the best 2 wideouts in this league- these guys are ripped, fast, strong, great hands, can catch from any angle, can catch short and are unguardable deep and can beat double coverage anytime they want-

Giants without Burress are not the same time, without Jacobs they are weak, I mean now all teams have to do is watch Steve Smith, and then Manning has to look for Kevin Boss or some 3rd string rookie wide receiver or TOOMER-

Apparently now teams are trying to throw to run out the clock? NOt sure why teams are doing that now, what was Buffalo doing there? I mean teams are getting so stupid and so dumb that they are throwing every single play now--

I think its looking pretty clear to me that the Steelers will win the SuperBOWL- By far their offense comes through when it needs to with CLUTCH BIG BEN, the man is very CLUTCH when the team needs him. On DEFENSE FORGETTA ABOUT IT- They hit and hit and are great vs the pass and impossible to run on. They are one of the best defenses in years, its pretty obvious they have the best and fierce D in the NFL-

Tennesese is done IMO, haynesworth got hurt, they already won thier superbowl by going 12-0 to start, you lose to the JETS, are you kidding me? This team is very average, lost to Houston, Collins will get killed vs the STEELERS, they will pick him off 4 or 5 times and smoke him hard and shut the Tenny run game down and its lights out-

Dallas quietly is having the most fierce pass rush in the league, Giants were known to have the BEST O line in the NFL, and they ripped them apart, WARE is clearly the best pass rusher in the NFL, much better than TUCK---

Washington has a decent D and some playmakers on Offense, but as I said Jason Campbell should go to the CFL to work on his passing and come back to the NFL, he is awkward and just not good. He is not NFL material, I mean ZORN has to realize that.
Washington IMO cannot win vs anybody on the road except for maybe the Raiders-

Raiders jamarcus Russell I am sorry, I am not buying this guy as a QB- I think he is a bust, he is too big and too slow, and cannot make quick enough decisions-

Cassells of Pats is doing very well and ripping it up bigtime--

CINCY has a fairly good Defense there- Fitzpatrick is terrible, very inaccurate and canot handle any pressure-

Kurt Warner IMO should not be in any MVP talks, he is the same warner of old, biggest fraud in the league, every game vs playoff teams he loses big and is always down by at least 21 in the first half of those games, his team needs him and he is nowhere to be found, in fact he scores in garbage time vs good teams, and that is it. You pressure warner and you beat him, thus he has no chance vs Giants, eagles, steeelrs, tenny and Dallas at this point-

2 teams on my radar for huge bets against are ZONA and JETS---

If either of these teams makes it they will lose very badly--

You see teams like Denver, Carolina, Atlanta have potential to beat anyone on any day. It is fact that by far Arizona if they played in tampas division would be in last place-
ZONA- THE REAL TRUTH- Their pasing offense is so overrated, it is average at best, they dont even run the ball at all-
Their D sucks, is not great at all- Their mental strenght is next to nothing--

Jets will lose because their D sucks and they have no pass rush at all my friends--
Also Favre is struggling, if he continues to suck they will also lose badly-

MOst underated player in the leauge MR. LEON WASHINGTON 9 plays over 40 yards, this guy is a little DYNAMO--

Phil RIVERS is one of the best in the league at 4th qtr come backs, his comeback today was unbelievable--

Denver mailed in the game today, Shanahan was not into this game, you cuold see it, he was thinking play for another day and beat someone else--

Tampa BAY is very average, they have one playmamker BRYANT but they cant get him the ball enough--

RAVENS offense really sucks and they are still a pretty bad team. I mean they blitz all game, and the last drive they were so scared and played PREVENT as I called live, I was laughing I had the Steelers and I was sure the Ravens would let them score-

That was called "I am a fucking Chicken SHit coward bitch defensive coordinator" My blitz worked all game long, but I think I'll rush 4 so we dont get beat on one play, so he gets beat by a long methodical drive by BIG BEN? UNREAL how scared these bitches are-
I won so I am not complaining-

Steelers as DOGS on the road are like a PAYCHEQUE, it will be there every 2 weeks.

----you cannot overreact in the NfL, every week it's a new team

look at the Cowboys starting off strong, going into a rut, defense bad, now defense looking good

Giants stringing off how many victories in a row over top notch comp---now losing 2 in a row incompetent offense--injuries though

Jet's beating New Engand, Tennessee, looking good an now look like shit

Titans starting off undefeated and losing to Jets and Texans two mildly decent teams

Buffalo Bills starting off the season hot and going cold

WAshington Redskins beating Dallas, Philly, looking good and now suck

Philly starting off then losing to Cincy and going into the crapper before returning

Green Bay starting off the season pretty well and now look like ubber garbage

on and on and on

ALSO,

NFL to me looks a bit watered down there is no dominant team and you say parity their are a lot of bad teams in this league.

Playoff wise these are the teams that can win it all

AFC
Titans
Steelers

NFC
Panthers
Cowboys

As it stands now. I can't see anyone with the rookie qb's running the table. The Giants are too shorthanded especially at receiver

I just think it will be one of those 4 teams and I none of them blows me away. Titans and Steelers are not perfect. Steelers surely do know how to win, but they can be beaten when they match up with a talented team--they win even battles on will.

The Cowboys honestly can still win it all. They have the most talent in this league.

Perhaps TO lit a fire under some asses

We learnt the Giants have hit the wall. A team that had been playing basically unconsciously since a couple of games before last season's playoffs began, has finally started to show signs of forcing things mentally. That comes obviously as a consequence of losing key components to injury that allowed that unconscious play, but also the sheer mental fatigue that comes from having won 24 of 28 games prior to this 2 game losing streak, including 16 of 17 on the road (4 straight playoff games amongst them) - in other words Superbowl hangover.

Carolina is going to be a real live puppy next Sunday night, esp. as there will simply be a general belief out there amongst superficial gamblers that the Giants won't lose 3 straight, esp. to an opponent without a road win vs. a team with a winning record. This current version of the Giants doesnt have a win, let alone a winning record.

Guys--

Giants are struggling for one major reason-- JACOBS will come back and give them the run threat again--

WHen Manning is blitzed or in trouble his GO TO GUY WAS PLEXICO- He threw the ball up deep and knew PLEX would outjump the defender- WHo made the key play in the super bowl? WHo made the key plays in the NFC game vs GBAY also? Manning throws deep to PLEXY cause he is the best and biggest receiver in the game--

Now receivers are more possession, did you notice how no one could get separation tonight, they are smaller and not as big as PLEX IS--

MANNING after all is not huge, not fast, I mean he is only as good as the talent around him. He is not a Qb like BIG BEN who just chugs along and makes a play scrambling.

Carolina hold the BUS CRIMES- Delhomme vs any pressure on the road is a MAJOR NO NO MY FRIEND- This guy is complete shit on the road- Add in they can cover Steve SMITH, this is as close to a 1 man team as I have ever seen-- Its all Steve Smith, you take that away, you take away the passing game-

Carolina also has a shit secondary and also at times gets no pass rush--

Also Del Homme is known to really stink on the road bigtime---

Carolina at home vs road is 2 different teams, its like Ravens at home vs road--

Giants will be okay when jacobs comes back, but I agree Cowbosy are better than them overall now-- Cowboys can beat anyone because they are one offense that IMO if clicking can score on any team in the league--

they have the running backs, receivers and O line and maybe Qb play is the only questiion to win

One of the few very strong opinions I was correct on was that NYG is in trouble. We have to acknowledge the remarkable run this team was on to the end last year , win the SB and start this season. Before today they were 16-1 on the road past 17 games !! You can win a game or two when you are missing your #1 WR and #1 RB maybe thanks to having positive momentum on your side buts it not something you can do on a consistent basis . NY didnt score on offense last week if we dismiss the TD they had with like 15 seconds remaining and they had a few FGs today . The OL also lost 2 players today as McKenzie & Saubert exited with injuries ..The other opinion that was head on was how good this Dallas defense could be and is playing . Like I said very good front line and pass rush . The offense does enough lately but has tremendous upside if Romo ever starts clicking and Barber returns to full strength .

I think not talking about the Colts as AFC Championship material is a mistake . The have played solid ball for most of the past 2 months while battling injuries . A healthy Indy team come playoff time is just as good as any other . If NE defense and OL can hold up they could be a very dangerous team in the playoffs . Tenny is battling key injuries on defense and thats their bread and butter . No stout defense and they arent really worth talking about , Balt is ahead of Tenny now IMO but stil Flacco is raw and limited vs good defenses , Pitts offense is not to be mentioned IMO . Okay they won again in the 4th Quarter because the defense is holding the opposing offense in check as they ralled in the 2nd H 3 straight weeks. They still have terrible stats vs good defense home or away . They barely break 14 + and regularly score less then 17 vs good teams . You could guess Pitt is winning when Balt is leading by 3-6 pts all game and cant put Pitt away . One would guess Pitt is going to find a way to score at some point ...Jets are decent team with upside if they get hot again..

Mike Singletary has done a solid job in SF but limited amounts of playmakers and tough schedule have hindered his overall success.

Week 16 interested in ....

Arizona +9
Lions +6.5
Cheifs +4
Oakland +7
Hawks 1st Half
GB +4.5
Vikings -3-120

:cheers:

I have learned that if the Pats run the table Bill Belichick should be coach of the year

O-STATE, The cowboys, CANNOT win it all. Im a cowboys fan and they are just not tough enough. That win last nite was just enough for them to start patting themselves on the back and let B-more come in and give us a good pasting. Yes the cowboys DO have the talent, but they just dont have the discipline to win it all.

What did we learn in Week 15?

We historically learned that the poor (possibly corrupt) officiating all season, has determined what teams are in the playoffs - and not necessarily the teams that would be without the bad calls against them.

Washington has a decent D and some playmakers on Offense, but as I said Jason Campbell should go to the CFL to work on his passing and come back to the NFL, he is awkward and just not good. He is not NFL material, I mean ZORN has to realize that.

Yea we do suck, but I have a little to add on this comment. We can't we against anyone on the road currently, yes. But, if I am not mistaking we did beat Dallas and Philly at their places on the road. The 2nd half of this season it seems like we couldn't win any game at home. All in all though we just can't win at home or away in the 2nd half of the season. We sucked balls after our 6-2 start. Sad day in waShedupington.

We learnt the Giants have hit the wall. A team that had been playing basically unconsciously since a couple of games before last season's playoffs began, has finally started to show signs of forcing things mentally. That comes obviously as a consequence of losing key components to injury that allowed that unconscious play, but also the sheer mental fatigue that comes from having won 24 of 28 games prior to this 2 game losing streak, including 16 of 17 on the road (4 straight playoff games amongst them) - in other words Superbowl hangover.

Carolina is going to be a real live puppy next Sunday night, esp. as there will simply be a general belief out there amongst superficial gamblers that the Giants won't lose 3 straight, esp. to an opponent without a road win vs. a team with a winning record. This current version of the Giants doesnt have a win, let alone a winning record.

You can say the same thing for Pittsburgh.

Washington would be a contendor if they got a young Matt Ryan type QB, one or 2 good pass rushers from the Draft--

they also need to get a real #2 receiver, RANDEL EL is invisible, they have the tight end, running back and #1 receiver in Moss, just need the QB to deliver the ball to them.

Tough week for the Titans but I expected a tight game in Houston. Texans aren't bad but the Titans had no flow offensively which isn't good against a defense as mediocre as Houston. I still don't understand going for it on 4th and 3. You got the best kicker in the league and he should be able to handle a tough wind at 49 yards.

The injuries are killer. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch. If both are out for the playoffs then the Titans have no real chance to win it all. It kills me to say that. This organization just has had awful luck and timing in the last ten years with regard to the playoffs. They easily could have two Super Bowls but the timing has been a fucking bitch. The only way they beat Pittsburgh this week is if the Steelers are mentally drained from their game in Baltimore, which very well could be the case.

Giants have hit a wall IMO like Sammy said. Agree on Carolina, might be the best team in the NFL right now. Love their line play.

This has been a fascinating NFL year for sure. I've enjoyed it.

I think we learned quite a bit this weekend, and maybe because it's the last thing I read in the thread, I think we can start with Washington. I disagree with the idea that all Washington needs is a better QB. Granted, that would help, it would help any team, but that's not why Washington is bad.

Washington is a bad football team because they are the perfect example of what happens when you have zero continuity. They cannot get on the same page. They cannot get enough of the same player to fit into the same system at the same time. Frankly, that they've gotten to the playoffs, to me, says that they've succeeded in spite of their organization and (at times) their coaching.

Also, and I wish I hadn't missed 70% of the NFL season because I potentially could have been more on top of some of these things for the forum, but this week the Skins lost Jon Jansen for the Bengals game. This kicked an already banged up line in the teeth. Now, it's no excuse for losing to Cincy of all teams, but a team in trouble loses their anchor on the offensive line? That game had 'stay away' written all over it.

But what that brings up, and it brings it up in regard to one of the teams everybody seems to be talking about above, and that's the Giants. SN touched on it a little, so did Bet in another way. First, it should be recognized that this team has been playing unconscious for like 20 games now. But injury, in this league right now, is what keeps very good teams from winning it all--and, in some cases, even making the playoffs.

The Giants have won without Plex (oh, and the WR who made the play for Eli in the SB was David Tyree, not Plex), so he doesn't count. But you take out Jacobs and you knick up that offensive line and suddenly that offense can't find the endzone with a map and a compass.

You look at that game last night and the defense played well, they held Dallas to, what, 13, until late. But their offense was a mess and until it gets healthy, there's no reason to think it won't continue to be.

Likewise, MusicCity is right, if Tenny loses Haynesworth and VandenBosch, they are f**ked. That offense isn't what drives that team. If they can't stop the run, which is what Haynesworth does when he's not stomping on people's heads, that's going to put more pressure on Collins to score points and suddenly that team is nothing you want your money backing.

I think that list of contenders that started above is about right.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Indy - IF they're healthy (this means Saturday, Bob Sanders, etc.)
3. Baltimore - I put them here because they can stop the run and they're healthy.
4. Tenny at less than full strength.

On the other side of that equasion are two teams that are going to the playoffs. Denver, who's succeeding in spite of injury, but how can you even expect them to honestly compete when they play a healthy team that's better defensively? And Arizona. Arizona's soft and they have no running game.

In the NFC I think we learned that, again, when you have tough divisional games, if you can get through them healthy, it pays off when you play weak opponents. See Carolina vs. Denver.

To me, again, I stick with the same things, if you can run the ball and stop the run, I want to bet you. If you can't, I want to bet against you.

Give me a healthy Minnesota against a marginal team, and they will run all over them. Problem going forward, they lost one of the Williams on defense. Didn't matter yesterday, Arizona can't run, but you match them up against a healthy NY and it's over for 'em.

Tough not to look to bet against a few teams in the last weeks, SD, GB, Cincy (after their big home win), St. Louis, Buffalo, etc.

I like the Lions this week, mostly playing percentages. And will likely play Seattle in whichever is Holmgren's last home game and I want to play Dallas next week in their last home game ever in Texas Stadium BUT I think Baltimore is a better team then them right now.

I also agree Carolina looks like a real live dog.

I think when teams are broke for whatever reason we can claim they wont be fixing it or figuring it out regardless how obvious it is to do so . Cleveland and Washington fit that bill IMO . While WASH had some OL out they also have alot of depth at the position . Jansen wasnt even starting at one point this year I believe. I just think most coaches are corrdinators are terrible at their jobs . I dont want to kiss Belichek's ass but the guy was supposed to ruined when his corrdinators left a few seasons ago. He just filled the spots with young guys who didnt have experience if I recall . This year he loses his stud QB , starting RB and about every possible player on defense . Still the offense can move the ball with just about anyone and they are primed for another playoff appearance. To me thats a credit that the guy understands the game . Players should be just role players plugged into the correct situations and every coach fails at this. Play calling isnt brain surgery and most cant even pass when they are supposed or run when its clear the defense is not expecting it...

Its a matter of who stays hot entering the playoffs and Carolina is making a late push . In the AFC Pitt doesnt impress as much as Carolina. Pitt is beating teams because the opponents are winning all game and not putting them away. They should have lost the last 2 weeks but because they have a clutch team they steal those games . Can we expect them to play the Colts and hold them to 13 pts in the middle of the 4th quarter ? I dont think so . They have not scored or played wlel on offense vs any good defense this season . I mean 17 pts is about what to expect maybe less....the defense is very god but there are 10 defenses I could name that its not much better then IMO ....

Thursday Nite game ? Not sold on Jax ...the COlts are not GB and will be at full strength it seems ...:cheers:

Flacco taking a sack after time out with the ball on the Pit 27 was the turning point of the game. Coming out of that time out the coaching staff has to aware the kid , don,t take a sack. Instead of long field goal attempt and putting his team up by 6 , the game is still 3 point game. There is huge differrence in bring your team back to tieing a 3 point game or haveing a must touchdown to win the game. The pressure intensifies. Plain and simple Balt let them off the hook.

How can JP Losman , Ken Dorsey, Raiders, Lions, Bengals,and Rams considered to be professionals?

No way Warner name should be included in MVP talks. The cards beat St. Lou, Sea, SF twice each and lowly Buffalo. Only valid win was against Dallas at home. There putrid on the road.

If Mia wins the AFC east , Chad Pennington name has to come up for MVP consideration. No way there here now with those two other clowns they had.

Minn has quietly won 6 of 7 and his on no one,s radar. Atl would be good test for them week.

Dallas is still no way a cinch to make the playoffs yet. Balt won,t be easy. If it comes down to the last game Dal at Phil. How could you like Tony Twinkletoes Romo chances in a cold weather ballgame in Phil with every thing on the line.

Indy is the hot team now and looks like their wanting to win in Jax this thursday and lock up the 5th seed to play Den who they have killed every time the game meant something.

The public will be on Pitt and Carl to steal the No. I seedings this week.

Ed Hoculli blown call in the SD-Den game will probalby decide the Broncos winners. The Broncos have Buff this week at home and should have their way. Last game is at San Diego. Both teams should be 7-7 going in to this weekend.

Steve Smith and Andre Johnson are by far the best 2 wideouts in this league- these guys are ripped, fast, strong, great hands, can catch from any angle, can catch short and are unguardable deep and can beat double coverage anytime they want-

Steve Smith is in a league of his own... what he does with his size is unbelievable... Andre Johnson does what just about every other bulked up 6 foot 3 receiver with motivation is capable of doing.

Giants without Burress are not the same time, without Jacobs they are weak, I mean now all teams have to do is watch Steve Smith, and then Manning has to look for Kevin Boss or some 3rd string rookie wide receiver or TOOMER-

I agree with this.... Jacobs is crucial to moving the chains slowly and without Burress there's no need to double cover anyone leaving an extra man free on defense for the opposition...

I think its looking pretty clear to me that the Steelers will win the SuperBOWL- By far their offense comes through when it needs to with CLUTCH BIG BEN, the man is very CLUTCH when the team needs him. On DEFENSE FORGETTA ABOUT IT- They hit and hit and are great vs the pass and impossible to run on. They are one of the best defenses in years, its pretty obvious they have the best and fierce D in the NFL-

Tennesese is done IMO, haynesworth got hurt, they already won thier superbowl by going 12-0 to start, you lose to the JETS, are you kidding me? This team is very average, lost to Houston, Collins will get killed vs the STEELERS, they will pick him off 4 or 5 times and smoke him hard and shut the Tenny run game down and its lights out-

Dallas quietly is having the most fierce pass rush in the league, Giants were known to have the BEST O line in the NFL, and they ripped them apart, WARE is clearly the best pass rusher in the NFL, much better than TUCK---

Raiders jamarcus Russell I am sorry, I am not buying this guy as a QB- I think he is a bust, he is too big and too slow, and cannot make quick enough decisions-

Cassells of Pats is doing very well and ripping it up bigtime--

CINCY has a fairly good Defense there- Fitzpatrick is terrible, very inaccurate and canot handle any pressure-

Kurt Warner IMO should not be in any MVP talks, he is the same warner of old, biggest fraud in the league, every game vs playoff teams he loses big and is always down by at least 21 in the first half of those games, his team needs him and he is nowhere to be found, in fact he scores in garbage time vs good teams, and that is it. You pressure warner and you beat him, thus he has no chance vs Giants, eagles, steeelrs, tenny and Dallas at this point-

there's alot of overreactions to the last two to three weeks here... don't just hand the Steelers the ring just yet...

and Ware is definitely a beast, but so is Tuck... they play different positions and it's hard to really pinpoint who's been double teamed more and who's done more when double teamed... either way, they're both beasts you can't really take much away from.

did you just say SuperBowl hangover BC?... I don't think an 11-3 record is a SuperBowl hangover and it's hard to judge a team hitting a wall because of two back to back losses (which were both without key players and against tough teams)... unless I misunderstood you when you said that...

I think there is a reason why the supposedly hottest team in football right now (Carolina) is a doggie against the supposedly struggling and can't win a game anymore team (Giants).

Back