What are we learning so far in Week #8?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Let us jump start this thread this week.

Hopefully we can get some good info, like the old days! No doubt we relied on s--k a lot in here the last handful of years.

I am big into taking account of boxes at HT that both tell a story and also might show something hidden.

This is just pure domination!

This game has ZERO turnovers, fwiw.
Screenshot_20231017-211426.png

Here's an InGame sequence that just ticks me off.

You're running the ball WELL...

So, obviously you go with these play calls in "no man's land"

Screenshot_20231017-210414.png

You're at the opponents 43.

Just run the ball 4 straight times.

At least on 2nd and 3rd to see if 4th is an option??

Just my 2 cents.

Led to a senseless punt.

#Coaching

View attachment 78529

Just my 2 cents.

Led to a senseless punt.

#Coaching
not me, I have under

With 3 minutes left, WKU has 65 second half yards and 0 points.

Last week, they led 35-7 and halftime and won 35-28.

Any reason to dive deeper?

Side note, I have no problems with emotions after a game but when it comes from smug assholes it's kind of funny.

View attachment 78529

Just my 2 cents.

Led to a senseless punt.

#Coaching
Was cursing at the Jax State coaches half the time last night for this.

I have learned that Duke is good and Elko is one of the reasons

UNC is really good and Mack Brown is one of the reasons and he has never gotten enuf credit

Messy State's defense is not good

Caleb Williams is a prima donna and it negatively affects his performance - almost posted this last week.

I do not have an Analytics Book, but if I did I would eliminate the page that permitted/excused Dan Lanning not kicking a very short fg twice, including at the end of the 1H when they were down 10 and had driven the ball downfield with about 1:15 left. What difference would it have made?

Texas is unreliable, but not as unreliable as Texas A&M

Ownership as a number 1 draft pick. Hey dream big kid!! I’m all for it. Ask MJ, Magic etc how they did it. 1st you give greatness to the game and THEN it gives it back to you.

That’s a bad leak if it’s true

Ownership as a number 1 draft pick. Hey dream big kid!! I’m all for it. Ask MJ, Magic etc how they did it. 1st you give greatness to the game and THEN it gives it back to you.

That’s a bad leak if it’s true
NFL has already said a player can't own a team, not sure of the point his agent was trying to make by leaking it if that's who did.

southern miss had the absolute worst performance from a team i've seen all season - worse then north texas, worse then la tech type stuff........that was legit not even FCS quality play last night.

CW is becoming the best channel for college football from a network performance - the accoustics on CW sound like you are at the game - sounds much more intimate and louder - the broadcasters are legit too - all around CW is very underrated

southern miss had the absolute worst performance from a team i've seen all season - worse then north texas, worse then la tech type stuff........that was legit not even FCS quality play last night.

CW is becoming the best channel for college football from a network performance - the accoustics on CW sound like you are at the game - sounds much more intimate and louder - the broadcasters are legit too - all around CW is very underrated
Yes, I watched a fair portion and that was brutal.

Man, I remember the ole Dustin Almond So Miss days... This was not it...

Interesting about CW. I found it last week for whatever game but had that one muted. I'll listen next time.

UTEP just awful.

Anyone with their RSW under should cash after the next loss.

Very bad team.

Love the spot for USC and Utah can’t score. Maybe Caleb doesn’t give a shit anymore but I like them at home.

Great to hear about CW as we are on for the first time this weekend so was curious how the broadcast was going to come out.

There was a nice angle pointing to USA. I will have to check out CW.

UTEP just awful.

Anyone with their RSW under should cash after the next loss.

Very bad team.

I took over 0.5 games in 2017 most likely.

Since 1957 the team has won 8 or more games in a season 5 times

Of course their best year was the year I began going there in 1988 when they won 10 games. I am him.

All of that to say that your post is correct and would have been correct almost every year since long before we were born

I took over 0.5 games in 2017 most likely.

Since 1957 the team has won 8 or more games in a season 5 times

Of course their best year was the year I began going there in 1988 when they won 10 games. I am him.

All of that to say that your post is correct and would have been correct almost every year since long before we were born
Um, welcome to CTG.

James Franklin got his lunch money stolen by a bigger bully. But I'm sure he'll be back to punch in a late score to cover vs IU next week. Clown.

I'm pretty sure this guy started at QB for Wake yesterday.2016-01-23_01.23.29.png

I do not recall a Saturday with more horrible coaching decisions than we saw yesterday.

There were 5 or more games (NC, AZ St, Penn St, Miami for starters) where a FG would have been huge but not even attempted.
The teams failed to get the first down and sometimes worse (Arizona St).
To compound the problem when going for it on 4th the plays called were beyond stupid.

The PI on Washington that was flagged then picked up was huge (and wrong) and I believe AZ St would have won the game if front horse collar holding penalty would have been called or rather not reversed by the PAC$$ command center.

I do not recall a Saturday with more horrible coaching decisions than we saw yesterday.

There were 5 or more games (NC, AZ St, Penn St, Miami for starters) where a FG would have been huge but not even attempted.
To compound the problem when going for it on 4th the plays called were beyond stupid.

The PI on Washington that was flagged then picked up was huge (and wrong) and I believe AZ St would have won the game if front horse collar holding penalty would have been called or rather not reversed by the PAC$$ command center.
Pac12 officials and their replay people are the absolute worst. They get it wrong more often than they get it right.

I've learned that I continue to absolutely love seeing Williams and Riley lose. Especially against a walk-on, pig farmer QB. Riley, you're in year 2 you douche. Excuses are getting tiresome. Williams continues to be mediocre against quality defenses regardless of how many times he can write "Fuck You" on his fingernails.

Last edited:

Pac 12 refs are notorious for eliminating their best teams from national contention. They have legitimately ruined their teams' chances at the playoff for several years.

Actually looking out for one in their final year of existence would be very ironic.

I've learned that I continue to absolutely love seeing Williams and Riley lose. Especially against a walk-on, pig farmer QB. Riley, you're in year 2 you douche. Excuses are getting tiresome. Williams continues to be mediocre against quality defenses regardless of how many times he can write "Fuck You" on his fingernails.
My disdain for Riley is that he refuses to coach the other side of the ball + hire the needed help.

I feel bad for these 5 star defensive kids going to USC and not being "coached up".

Travesty.

Look how quickly Oklahoma has become more of a complete team since that turd left.

My disdain for Riley is that he refuses to coach the other side of the ball + hire the needed help.

I feel bad for these 5 star defensive kids going to USC and not being "coached up".

Travesty.

Look how quickly Oklahoma has become more of a complete team since that turd left.
I'd really like to know why he's so passionate about hanging on the that stain of a DC

Also these Riley to the NFL rumors...

Why would you basically get a job at the perfect time to where you'll likely be set for life and use it as a stepping stone? Makes zero sense.

Back