what are the 76ers doing?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Can someone tell me the % of 2nd rounders that actually make a NBA roster?
Probably depends on who u go to. Like philly they need players so u have a good chance to compete for a spot. Someone like the spurs or bulls u probably don't have much of a chance.
Saw the sixers summer league rosters. Two players stuck out. Hersey Hawkins kid Corey Hawkins can shoot and PG from boise Derrick Marks.
Also Jordan McRae is back after playing I think in Australia. He can shoot the lights out.
Yes this is what gets a philly fan excited lol. Sad

If you feel the 76ers blew the draft, that trade pretty much makes up for it and then some. Should be changing the thread to what at the Sac. Kings doing? What a shit show from the top down.

Your 2 comments are contradicting each other.....

The cavs let the celtics win so they could face them in the first round instead of the Nets. Had the celtics opted to play for the lottery instead the nets couldve faced the cavs in the first round. The second point about the celtics is supposed to be sarcastic :tiphat:

Forgot this
Sixers get Lakers first rd pick next yr if it is out of top 3. Hope Kobe is healthy all yr!! They won't making playoffs. Sixers should have a pick from 6-10 from Lakers plus their own.
Things looking up.

Give you 2-1 on up to a dime....LMK if your interested.

I need better odds than that man. SWT will likely give much better EV than that. I'd need 4-1 to even think about it. Lakers are going into playoffs as 9th or 10th best team in West. So I would need at least 7/2.

I need better odds than that man. SWT will likely give much better EV than that. I'd need 4-1 to even think about it. Lakers are going into playoffs as 9th or 10th best team in West. So I would need at least 7/2.
Offer rescinded. Hearing that the Lakers are talking to the Bulls about Taj Gibson. Not sure what they have that Chicago would want in a trade and not even sure how he fits with Bass and Randle already on the roster and Hibbert coming as well but he is rock solid.

I am currently seeing at Hoopshype a payroll for Philadelphia of 44,742,543. I tend to think this is a STRONG indication of tanking

I am currently seeing at Hoopshype a payroll for Philadelphia of 44,742,543. I tend to think this is a STRONG indication of tanking
What should they do tuck?
Go sign Josh Smith for 50million. That make u happy?

Was just looking around and saw Toronto at 43,104,434. This is a real surprise. Please understand I do not care what they do. They should do what is in their best interest and they probably can do that a lot better than me.

Actually just forget what I have been posting. I just saw Cleveland at around 24 million so these estimates are currently nonsense

Sixers might be better off if Joel Embiid never plays a game in the NBA (too bad they don't just file a grievance and get it over with)...

The fact that Brown sent Embiid home from a West Coast road trip last season for being insubordinate to the team’s strength coach and training staff is well documented, but according to a source, the tipping point in the decision was Embiid physically threatening the strength coach on that road trip. According to sources, this followed a pattern of insubordination from Embiid during the rehabilitation of his initial foot injury that sidelined him for the entire 2014–15 season, where he would repeatedly refuse to answer questions from the training staff about his workouts and therapy sessions.

Embiid’s lax approach to his rehab and the circumstances surrounding the second foot surgery he needed this past summer — which appears like it will cost him the entire 2015–16 season — has caused the organization much anxiety. The simple task of getting Embiid to consistently wear his walking boot was a challenge for the franchise, and multiple sources suggested that some people in Philadelphia’s front office wonder whether a second surgery would have been necessary if Embiid had worn the boot as much as he was told to.

Also, according to multiple sources, Harris did not want Embiid to attend the annual Las Vegas Summer League this past July so they could proceed with the surgery on his navicular bone. Brown and Hinkie were both given strict instructions by Harris to keep Embiid from going to Vegas, yet each of them put the onus on the other to handle the job, and neither did.

Embiid was determined to go to Vegas to party for the balance of the 10 days of summer league. While Embiid was in Vegas, he was mandated to wear the walking boot in advance of the second surgery, but Embiid not only refused to wear the boot, but he carried himself as if nothing was wrong with the foot, shooting jumpers and even occasionally dunking. These actions have given rise to the theory that Embiid actually re-broke his foot, rather than the initial injury not healing properly. It also led to Embiid having the surgery a month later than the club originally had hoped.

This type of disregard for instruction also extends to Embiid’s dietary habits. Per a source, the Sixers’ training staff was so concerned about what he was eating, they stocked the refrigerator in his downtown hotel residence each week with healthy food. When a staffer went to restock the fridge each week, most everything was uneaten and unopened, and they were throwing out the fruits and vegetables every week. When the team subsequently asked to see Embiid’s room service bill, they found that most days he was ordering junk food along with his signature beverage, a pitcher of Shirley Temples. Embiid also was frequently seen feasting on chicken fingers and hot dogs at and after games.

Although there’s nothing particularly uncommon about a 21-year-old with poor dietary habits, the pattern of Embiid’s chronic insubordination makes this part and parcel to a larger issue. While reports of Embiid ballooning to 300 pounds were patently false, Embiid’s conditioning and dietary habits are a constant source of strife for the Sixers front office, per multiple sources.

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/...rs-sam-hinkie-joel-embiid-brett-brown-process

If you just keep typing, you'll be at 2-1 in no time...you went from 4-1 to 3.5-1 in 2 sentences flat.

Give up 3-1 on up to $500.

Joel is a beast....Simmons gonna make this team much better.....still need a shooter/scorer but things going to be interesting pretty soon..

dream scenario is warriors win and a sign and trade somehow some way for Klay....

Joel is a beast....Simmons gonna make this team much better.....still need a shooter/scorer but things going to be interesting pretty soon..

dream scenario is warriors win and a sign and trade somehow some way for Klay....

Yes sir. Would love me some Klay in the Delph. This team starting to find itself.

Certified franchise centerpiece with MVP potential in Embiid, who knows what Simmons is but we can all agree that he's promising at a bare minimum, Saric not disastrous for a rookie, and now they'll have their own high first round pick and the Lakers' top 3 protected pick. Core of Embiid, Simmons, and two more top 6ish picks this year probably, with a ton of cap room and continuity with a coach that has been around for all of this. Noel and Okafor situations sure to get sorted out sooner than later too. Tough to pick any rebuilding team's situation over the Sixers.

I'd probably do backflips for days if the Knicks replaced Phil with Hinkie. It'll never happen, but man what a job he did. Pretty undeniable now that the best way to rebuild is to get as many ping pong balls as possible.

Btw, the new CBA incentivizes tanking a little bit more. Don't be surprised to see a little more of it moving forward.

First off, this thread is unreal. How did I miss it up until now. The funniest part is that the original post said "except Okafor" and now he is the guy everyone wants out. Granted, Hinkie did miss on Okafor over Porzingis, but overall, Sam Hinkie is god. The dude just said screw it, I am doing it this way, and the team is now very promising.

This just has a great feel to it. The players like each other, share a vision, and give it their all every game. They are starting to win the "close with 2 mins left" games now, which they NEVER did the last 2 years, and its a great next step in their evolution. Still got Simmons, their pick, lakers pick, hell even one of the euros they took last year is looking decent overseas.

The "trust the process" era was one of the more polarizing things we have experienced in Philly in quite some time. I was on board from day one, it wasn't fun watching Jrue and Thad lead the team to an 8 seed and easy elimination year after year, and then a pick in the teens that wasn't a difference maker. Some local media despised it. Quite frankly, if you were against it as a sixers fan, I think you are an idiot. But there are plenty of "that was a disgrace" truthers who still feel that way even that Embiid looks not only good, but transcendent (for the love of god, stay healthy joel)

I hate that they got rid of Hinkie and when Bryan Colangelo is hoisting a trophy in 2020, I will always make sure that people know who really deserves it. This team is fun and just getting started. And far from the first tank, they were just the first to be so open about it.

there is some talk of Noel, the laker pick, and 2 2nd rd picks for CJ McCollum.....I don't like it but I also get it for both sides. CJ would be awesome here.

Also, Philly guys

I know you all love your pro sports...

Is the basketball team the love or Birds?

Also, Philly guys

I know you all love your pro sports...

Is the basketball team the love or Birds?

Eagles will 100% always be the cities biggest/most important sport. No matter what. Even when they suck, during football season eagles talk dominates everything with the exception of if its early and the Phillies are in the playoffs.

The next most popular is up for debate. The flyers are definitely last: the city does like them but like the NHL in general, they really start getting into it in the playoffs, not as much regular season. When the Phillies were great they sold out every game, Monday through sunday. I would put them second on the list, and the sixers third, but the city did fall hard for AI when he was here and its happening again now with Embiid.

there is some talk of Noel, the laker pick, and 2 2nd rd picks for CJ McCollum.....I don't like it but I also get it for both sides. CJ would be awesome here.

I hope they they don't do this. Sure CJ went to school close by but I would rather have Klay if that is a realistic option.

Is Noel not good?

noel is very good at what he does. Boston for example should overpay for him. He is just more of a d guy and isn't going to put up staggering offensive numbers. But hes hell to deal with in the paint for opponents.

Sixers just find themselves in a weird spot because they took centers 3 years in a row. I think what the team wanted to happen was for Okafor to improve because Noel's contract is up soon, so they were hoping to trade Noel and keep Jah and Embiid. However, Jah is just terrible and the entire city is out on him, but nobody wants to trade for him either. Its gotten to the point where he doesn't play unless Embiid is sitting. On the other hand, Noel is a great compliment to Embiid, but we are not sure if hes going to resign here, as word is he has not been happy with how the organization has treated him.

As a fan, the best would be for him to let bygones be bygones and re-sign. Having the ability to have Embiid or Noel on the court at all times is pretty amazing. At this point, anyone not named Colangelo would trade Jah for a sack of potatoes, but they are being so hesitant to take the L in the trade and don't get that it would be addition by subtraction.

I hope they they don't do this. Sure CJ went to school close by but I would rather have Klay if that is a realistic option.

I think the sky is going to be the limit. Look at how Embiid is not only playing great, but making the game fun...add simmons passing ability...free agents are going to want to come here and play with these guys. I feel like they still have 2 high draft picks coming up this year, plus simmons and embiid and Dario has been good too, and accumulate the rest in free agency. I am not trying to give up any assets to get anyone really.

I said Klay earlier because I thin Noel would be unreal in GS....they play great defense and he is a million times better then zaza and he is a ridiculous athlete so he gets up and down the court and is great on the break...he would get a million oops it would be fun to watch him in that system...

I also like CJ honestly and think he would be even better with more open looks but I think they could do better then him with picks Ja and or Noel.....I think if Indy goes with a rebuild Paul George would be a nice fit too for picks +

Ja averaged 18/9 last year.....he isn't terrible (at offense) and someone will take a shot on him

Ja averaged 18/9 last year.....he isn't terrible (at offense) and someone will take a shot on him

yeah but you know its not about stats. if this were 1998 hed be a very sought after player. but he doesn't play d and hes slow and yeah 9 rebs per game last yr but his rebounding ability is terrible. TJ McConnell could probably box him out. I hope you aer right and somebody does take a shot at him.

You aren't getting a huge haul for him but a team like charlotte should be interested....not sure what they have to offer back though....

Has to be Klay, getting CJ would be dumb at this point given all the suffering so far.

Back