WGC - Dell Matchplay FORM SHEETS

2nd round:

Conners (EV) over Cam Young
Kisner +155 over Homa
Min Woo Lee +110 over Fitzpatrick

I forgot to fade Fitz yesterday. He's really been scuffling, has to be injury related.

I didn’t think I’d get too involved in this tourney..I know have about 500 bets pending..futures..top 4 finishers..matchups..all sorts of shit. What a great format. They should do 2 or 3 of these a year.

Favorite plays for today;

Kuchar (-115) to beat Kirk
Scheffler to win the tourney +650
It is a great format and it's a great course to do it on. Hate that this is the last year for it. I was fortunate enough to play Austin CC a couple of weeks ago, and TV doesn't do it justice as far as the slopes and different ways you can play each hole. A really fun course that looks easy but if you miss the right part of the slope, you are left with some tough shots

Playing against some guys who were listed as questionable at the beginning of the week in R2, only back/neck stuff, all 2*

English +125 v Will Z
Suh +115 v Deki
Poston +125 v Im
MW Lee -105 v Fitz
Wise +145 v X
Stallings +110 v Keegan

Also RR 2x3x4 (each 2*/1.5*/1*)

Rahm/Spieth/Homa/Scottie
Cantlay/Collin/Day/Scottie

Last edited:
2nd round:

Conners (EV) over Cam Young
Kisner +155 over Homa
Min Woo Lee +110 over Fitzpatrick

I forgot to fade Fitz yesterday. He's really been scuffling, has to be injury related.
Faded Fitz weeks ago, maybe at Pebble with that injury. Somewhere out west...

He's been inconsistent, no doubt.

Of course he wins yesterday, but overall something still bothering him.

The Rory drive on 18 yesterday, 1 up at the time, was absolutely ridiculous.

I was watching hoops so only saw on play by play and thought it was a mistake.

Incredible.

Still my only bet is him to win this group. Now, he goes up against a resurgent Keegan (as far as match play goes). Bradley halving on Wednesday was amazing and he just rolled yesterday.

I'm sure this will be tight as can be.

I think these guys that are already eliminated are still playing for money correct? Is payout connected to points in the groups for the three that don't make it out?

The Rory drive on 18 yesterday, 1 up at the time, was absolutely ridiculous.

I was watching hoops so only saw on play by play and thought it was a mistake.

Incredible.

Still my only bet is him to win this group. Now, he goes up against a resurgent Keegan (as far as match play goes). Bradley halving on Wednesday was amazing and he just rolled yesterday.

I'm sure this will be tight as can be.
It was a bomb of a drive. One key takeaway was the commentary that followed. They said Rors plays a shorter shaft, something to the like of 44.25" or 44.5". Standard driver length anymore is 45.5", some at 45.75". Shorter length in the driver and 3-wood should result in more control, something I tinkered around with a couple of times. Currently reshafting both my driver and 3-wood and will likely be playing 45" and 43" respectively. I'm 5' 8" and not long to begin with but I'll take fairways vs. distance all day long.

It was a bomb of a drive. One key takeaway was the commentary that followed. They said Rors plays a shorter shaft, something to the like of 44.25" or 44.5". Standard driver length anymore is 45.5", some at 45.75". Shorter length in the driver and 3-wood should result in more control, something I tinkered around with a couple of times. Currently reshafting both my driver and 3-wood and will likely be playing 45" and 43" respectively. I'm 5' 8" and not long to begin with but I'll take fairways vs. distance all day long.
I'm all about fairways as well. I hit 3 wood a lot just for that reason. I also am behind the times with my driver so I will sort that out this summer most likely.

Tough tourney for me, so far...So if you're looking for free money, fade away..

Rd. 3- Bezuidenhout v. Meronk -110 5u

I'm all about fairways as well. I hit 3 wood a lot just for that reason. I also am behind the times with my driver so I will sort that out this summer most likely.
When age and better scores catch up to amateurs, laying up from 230+ generally leads to better scores

I don't want to think I'm old though and still remember that one 5wood from 250 that ended up 3 feet from the pin. Probably will remember it the next time too

When age and better scores catch up to amateurs, laying up from 230+ generally leads to better scores

I don't want to think I'm old though and still remember that one 5wood from 250 that ended up 3 feet from the pin. Probably will remember it the next time too
lol- 230 lay-up is a good drive for me, playing at 5300ft. No shame in my game though, shooting mid to high 80's consistently. It's all about keeping it in play and the short game.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
lol- 230 lay-up is a good drive for me, playing at 5300ft. No shame in my game though, shooting mid to high 80's consistently. It's all about keeping it in play and the short game.
Going from Midwest life through college, it was hard to actually put the ball out of play...scrambling was fun and creative through trees or even going over the top.

Now in the desert, those shots are gone and it's a drop, plain and simple. There are very good courses here for forgiveness, but there are a ton of courses that you just lose it into the desert and take the stroke penalty. Gotta be playing a lot to enjoy target golf.

Today

Fox +100 v Will Z 4*
Hoge +125 v X 4*
MW Lee -125 v Spaun 2*

Going to add another round robin, those have been buttering the bread

Pretty upset McNealy lost his lead on the 18th to tie yesterday, eliminating him a chance to win today.

may get 5 of 6 players in a DK lineup through their groups, him being the 6th. :mad: (Scheffler/Rahm/Day/Putnam/Spaun --- McNealy)

I see Matsuyama conceding, giving Homa the guarantee, and eliminating Suh's chances, that has to make you a bit mad.

• Sad
I see Matsuyama conceding, giving Homa the guarantee, and eliminating Suh's chances, that has to make you a bit mad.
Complete downfall of this format is injuries that can screw up an entire bracket

Just came to discuss this.

You gotta feel for a guy like Suh who's just starting to make his mark on tour over the last few weeks and then this happens.

Cruddy.

Complete downfall of this format is injuries that can screw up an entire bracket
Does he WD from this if it's Rd 3 of a 72 hole tournament and he's in the top 10?

"Reoccurring" neck injury.

Does he WD from this if it's Rd 3 of a 72 hole tournament and he's in the top 10?

"Reoccurring" neck injury.
You know the answer, he never starts obviously

Always going to deal with it when it comes to individual sports, difference with tennis is moving to the next round and not eliminating anyone

And here we go...

Rory huge advantage off tee on 12 and just hooks one into the water.

C'mon man.

Well, one 3 jack deserves another.

Rory pulls a Keegan and goes eagle to par in 3 putts.

2 up.

Keegan's first winning hole.

Well, one 3 jack deserves another.

Rory pulls a Keegan and goes eagle to par in 3 putts.

2 up.

Keegan's first winning hole.
Not sure how you can bet this pre tournament

I seriously have no clue who wins but now have to look at the 16 bracket and figure out who's hot and who's so hot they flame out in a match

Spaun is early candidate to flame out fast

Not sure how you can bet this pre tournament

I seriously have no clue who wins but now have to look at the 16 bracket and figure out who's hot and who's so hot they flame out in a match

Spaun is early candidate to flame out fast
Yeah, that's why I didn't bet anybody to win ahead.

Just the one group bet for me.

Spaun one career win, which he defends next week.

As long as we get odds for playoffs this is one of the best wagering events in sport

Back