WGC - Dell Matchplay FORM SHEETS

My shop doesn't have odds to win group up yet, but Corey Conners to win group 15 caught my eye. 3rd place last year and not much experience in his group

The form in group 2 makes that worth watching all 3 days, might not just be Rahm running the show although he's obviously very good at match play.

Round 1 only:

Kim -120 vs Noren: good value here in my opinion… Noren has good history in match play but his current form is lacking. I view Kim as a fairways, greens in reg, solid putter type of guy. I think he will enjoy this type of environment.

Leaning to fading Spieth and Day round 1 but will just watch those matches closely for possible plays in later rounds.

Best of luck with your plays.

My 1st rd matchups:

Billy Ho -105 over Keith Mitchell
Shane Lowry -130 over T Montgomery
Kisner +140 over Hideki
Adam Scott -115 over Seamus Power

Rd. 1:

Fargiveness to win group 3 +120 2u
Lefty tail- Hovland to win group 8 +188 2u
Fleetwood v. Poston -136 2u
4-teamer: Nuggets ML, Avs under 6.5, Fleetwood -136, Homa v. Suh -175: +597 2u

Won .5u in the NCAA squares- rolling that into a tail on Lefty's play, Hovland wins $2500

GL this week gents

Last edited:
This is quite honestly the best time of year in sports, I think I say it every year around this time lol. This year even more with the addition of the WBC. This match play tournament is awesome, because it fills out the Wednesday that would otherwise have nothing else. Tomorrow we're back to Sweet 16 action and elite 8. Then next thing you know it's opening day and the Final 4.

This is quite honestly the best time of year in sports, I think I say it every year around this time lol. This year even more with the addition of the WBC. This match play tournament is awesome, because it fills out the Wednesday that would otherwise have nothing else. Tomorrow we're back to Sweet 16 action and elite 8. Then next thing you know it's opening day and the Final 4.
Agreed.

Plus this fits in pretty well with the hoops this week.

Yup, and baseball, F4 and Masters week are all right around the corner.

NHL and NBA playoffs fill the next void.

There's a case to be made for late autumn (Oct/Nov) from the betting perspective with the bookmakers on their heels with leagues starting up and lines a little looser, but I concur with this being ranked higher from a strictly fan basis.

Something about the ball season firing up and the promise of spring...the prospect of the parkas being hung in the closet and the sun dresses coming out has me wistfully reflecting on the sunny slopes of long ago and memories of chasing fillies around on the weekends.

High variance event darts:

Gr 5 -- Kisner +475
Gr 12 -- Hughes +450
Gr 15 -- Conners +210
Gr 2 -- Rickie +355
Gr 10 -- Meronk +400

Swing it easy fellas.

There's a case to be made for late autumn (Oct/Nov) from the betting perspective with the bookmakers on their heels with leagues starting up and lines a little looser, but I concur with this being ranked higher from a strictly fan basis.

Something about the ball season firing up and the promise of spring...the prospect of the parkas being hung in the closet and the sun dresses coming out has me wistfully reflecting on the sunny slopes of long ago and memories of chasing fillies around on the weekends.
Truer words, never spoken here.

All that said, I have never won an outright winner Golf bet in my history.
I don't think many have. Long shots at best, regardless of how well you know the sport, players and all the stats at your disposal. Too many variables, lucky bounces, unlucky draws, weather etc. and you just never know who's gonna show up.

If I do play outright wins, I consider them losses from the get-go, making it up on plays throughout the week. One of these days though...I'm gonna hit a long shot of 2000+

All that said, I have never won an outright winner Golf bet in my history.
One of the best feelings.

2017 I hit the first 3 majors and had 2nd place in final. Added another winner in there.

2018 was miserable. That brought me back to reality.

Been able to 2-5 a year since.

Taking it easy so far this year, hit Si Woo at the Sony but nothing since. I've been selective though. Tough to win when top guys like Rahm and Scottie swallow up wins.

2017 I hit the first 3 majors and had 2nd place in final. Added another winner in there.

Taking it easy so far this year, hit Si Woo at the Sony but nothing since. I've been selective though. Tough to win when top guys like Rahm and Scottie swallow up wins.
Crazy!

I don't think many have. Long shots at best, regardless of how well you know the sport, players and all the stats at your disposal. Too many variables, lucky bounces, unlucky draws, weather etc. and you just never know who's gonna show up.

If I do play outright wins, I consider them losses from the get-go, making it up on plays throughout the week. One of these days though...I'm gonna hit a long shot of 2000+
Good way to do it.

I look at winning a matchup makes the outright "house money"

SEMCOM at its finest...

lol- still don't know what SEMCOM means after 15 yrs on this forum but it sounds fitting.

It was man...

I bet Sergio to win masters in January that year. Guy was just in best mental state I'd seen him in years.

Erin Hills was the scene for US Open. So wide open and long, so took Koepka. Those two were very satisfying.

At The Open I had both Jordan and Kuch. To have that basically turn into match play on Sunday was amazing. Now, Kuch winning was worth SO much more.

The PGA, I had Deki and it was his tourney to win. Early Sunday though, I knew he was toast vs JT.

I'll never duplicate that run again, but man it was a blast.

SEMCOM at its finest...

lol- still don't know what SEMCOM means after 15 yrs on this forum but it sounds fitting.
SEM = South East Michigan

Long time ago at Covers one of the more frequent members (he was here at the beginning too) that I talked to decided that's what we were. Your South East Michigan Connection to sports/gambling.

That just kinda grew from there...

Yup.

The tariff on that bet was pretty low. I didn't bet it, wanted to wait a day and then fade him.
Threw in 10+ wagers, not a lot but something to have fun with and think I got McCarthy +100

I know I've got round robin on Rory/Tony/Cam Young/Homa 2x3x4

I hit my first ever on Jason Day at the PGA in 2015. Followed with DJ at Oakmont in 2016. Can't remember too many others, besides Scheffler at Phoenix last year and Harris English at Traveler's I think, the one where he won in an 8 hole playoff or something crazy like that

Round 2 only:

Kim -140 vs Riley: Riley may be let down emotionally after losing to Scotty. Kim played really well today… expecting more of the same tomorrow.. Kim had six birdies against two bogeys… very solid round

Fleetwood -145 vs McNealy: fading maverick here. He hit it sideways round 1… 5 bogeys zero birdies in just 12 holes. Kind of liked Yommy going into this week. Obviously beat bad in round 1. Must win situation here…

Deciding to not fade Jordan or Day was a lucky decision. I’m not going to try and fade them in round 2… tempted to play Thompson vs Straka as he was rolled by Cam Young on the front 9, but battled well to take the match to 16. Hard to overcome a 27 thrown at you on the front 9. But did shoot -7 the last 11 holes…

1-0 so far this week

Rd 2 match ups not posted for me yet. Was wondering how rd 2 match ups are arranged.

I do see group winners posted and what a huge difference it makes to win round 1.

Bad read on fleetwood on my part, gonna dig for a w tomorrow. GL

Rd 2 match ups not posted for me yet. Was wondering how rd 2 match ups are arranged.

I do see group winners posted and what a huge difference it makes to win round 1.

Bad read on fleetwood on my part, gonna dig for a w tomorrow. GL
Look them up on betonline or betus … they have them posted there

I didn’t think I’d get too involved in this tourney..I know have about 500 bets pending..futures..top 4 finishers..matchups..all sorts of shit. What a great format. They should do 2 or 3 of these a year.

Favorite plays for today;

Kuchar (-115) to beat Kirk
Scheffler to win the tourney +650

I have a big play on Scheffler to win his group..he’s just incredible right now. Didn’t play that well yesterday, still won and just looks like he can do whatever he wants out there. Like these odds on him to win at +650, and as long as he makes it deep, I’ll have opportunities to hedge by betting his opponents at plus money.

Back