Western Conference Finals Discussion Thread

Hollins is an ass. His rotations make you wonder. Scrubs have been in the 3rd quarter way too long, it's basically an elimination game dude. Very frustrating...

Memphis' whole gameplan was to speed the game up by putting pressure on Parker. I don't understand how in the world you think that Memphis played poorly in the 1st quarter. The spurs helped them tremendously with the turnovers but the grizz played well.

You watch these spurs plays and these passes and all you can do is just drop your jaw in amazement. Just spectacular basketball.

I don't get, why Gasol, playing with four scrubs, doesn't get any touches on offense...

Divol did you read the article I posted? Gasol is being asked to shoot the ball more but it's just not in his nature to look for his shot.

i don't understand why he doesn't get more plays called for him. Hollins isn't the greatest coach offensively

Memphis' whole gameplan was to speed the game up by putting pressure on Parker. I don't understand how in the world you think that Memphis played poorly in the 1st quarter. The spurs helped them tremendously with the turnovers but the grizz played well.

I could be wrong, but I have very specific vision of how I believe Memphis should play, in order to win the game (and series) and when they play fast, they simply playing to Spurs hands and helping them.
Obviously they can go on a run and score a few points, but in the end, this is not their style, it's Spurs style and that's bad for Memphis.

The 2nd quarter comeback in my eyes, was a direct continuation of the first quarter style of play...

Divol did you read the article I posted? Gasol is being asked to shoot the ball more but it's just not in his nature to look for his shot.

i don't understand why he doesn't get more plays called for him. Hollins isn't the greatest coach offensively

Forgot shots, he didn't get any touches on the ball. He is a great passer, he can draw a double up. How is it possible that for three - four straight possessions, the ball is touched by Dooling, Lauer and Bayless only?!

Spurs are unconscious right now. Offensive efficiency is thru the roof.

Hollins should start thinking about where he'll be coaching next season.

Conley seriously needs to grow a pair and dominate. He's their best offensive weapon in the half court. Don't know when he'll learn.

Hollins needs to be fired asap. Dude is too nice and chillax to win a 'ship. His halftime speeches should be accompanied by Kenny G music...

Lean Memphis G4. I think they have some pride not to get swept on their own court where they have dominated the playoffs prior to last game. The line move from 5.5 to 2.5 is very telling. As I see it they were up 18 last game and lost the last 2 in OT, this is no mismatch like SAS-LAL. We basically saw the same thing with HOU-OKC and BOS-NY when they fought for their lives down 0-3.

There hasn't been a sweep in the Conference Finals since 2003 (Nets over Pistons). Last WCF's sweep was 2001 (Lakers over Spurs)...

Spurs or stay away IMO. The grizz players and coaches body language and demeanor makes me feel like they really don't give a shit. I actually wanted Hollins to come to the nets but the guy has no clue how to utilize his players properly on offense. Spurs are just too fucking good. I'll probably take the Conley prop again. Hollins main focus is to try to make him be more aggressive and I think he is the X factor. Sort of a hedge.

Last edited:
Mon. May 27Created: May 27, 2013 8:59am ET

Game Official 1 Official 2 Official 3 Alternate
Monty McCutchen Tony Brothers Zach Zarba Jason Phillips

SPURS AT GRIZZLIES, 9 P.M. ET
Posted by msumarlon
TV: ABC

The San Antonio Spurs are going for their second sweep in three series during this year’s playoff run as they hold a 3-0 lead over the Memphis Grizzlies. Longtime coach Gregg Popovich said that each closeout game is different. “Each team in every round is different,” he said. “There’s a diferent emphasis with each opponent. Understanding what that is and not getting away from it and not skipping steps and playing the game the way it needs to be played against that opponent on a consistent basis is what gets you through. If it doesn’t, then the other team is better.”
One of the keys to the Spurs success in this series has been their ability to slow down the Grizzlies frontline of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol. Randolph is averaging just 10.3 points in the first three games while Gasol has been held to 14.3. Needless to say, that was the Spurs top priority entering the series. “They’re great players, very skilled and very hard-working,” Popovich said. “If everything happened easy for them, that would be poor on our part. Making them work hard is one of the top priorities, obviously.”
The Grizzlies obviously have a difficult task of winning the series since not team has every won after trailing 3-0. But that hasn’t stopped them from believing it can be done. One things is for sure, the Grizzlies aren’t going to change who they are. “We’ll go back to what we did starting in October and stay with it ” Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins said. “We are who we are. If it’s not good enough, it won’t be good enough. But we’re not going to go and try to do something else.”
Grizzlies forward Tayshaun Prince still has a sore ankle after spraining it in Game 3. But he will still be in the lineup.

We all were saying they would be done after they lost game 3 but people still found a reason to bet on them. Tonight it was spurs or stay away. Memphis is gonna need to get a big name guard.

Memphis looked so good against the Clips and Thunder. I guess teams just match up well against certain teams.

Spurs taken exception to all the Memphis series win love...they are fun to watch

Def drink the pop koolaid

The Twin Towers just cant get anything going in this series

Memphis just doesnt match well with this SA groups

You guys have any ideas on who grizz could pick up in the off season? What a brutal way to finish such a great season

Red mamba has been playing him great. And then Leonard guarding Conley has caused tremendous problems for Memphis. Really impressed by the spurs. I can't emphasize that enough.

Back