Westbrook...

big difference - talent and chemistry-- they didnt have any chemistry-- coach can only do so much -- maybe take them bowling, have to put some blame on the players for sulking (tucker, drajic) supposed leaders.....you keep saying the brothers should have been compelled to play defense..... are you sure they didn't try, maybe just not good enough in this league to play defense... coach can only put you in position to succeed it is up to the individuals to make it happen...
your trying to put all the blame on the coach,, he might have some of the fault-- but no way as much as you are trying to put on him..

btw- great discussion

This. And, of course Hornacek would say that about needed one more elite player. Most coaches say things like that in order to instill some confidence in their team...who knows if he actually believes it. That team, as it sits right now, needs an awful lot more than 1 elite player to be making any type of real noise. Even before they traded parts away, they probably needed more than that (unless they were getting KD or someone like that).

I just think it seems you had waaaaaay too high of expectations for this team before the season, and now you're upset they may not even make the playoffs...and looking for a scapegoat. I think the scapegoat is/was the expectations to begin with.

Hornachek says 1 more elite player and the Suns can be a top team. Bull. They had lots of talent. Combining it and letting it work was his job. Dragic should have been given more time as a Point Guard. did not happen. The brothers should have been compelled to play DEFENSE. That insanity was all Hornachek. They should have made the playoffs and could have had around a 30% shot at the first round. If the players had been operating in a situation where they could have been optimistic instead of always scratching their heads and wondering why things were always crazy. It did not happen and I think its clear who I blame.

Sure, they had some talent....but take a look at the rest of the rosters in the West and show us how the Suns roster this season (not now, when it started) is anywhere near those big boys? I'm not saying they couldn't have made the playoffs, and should have been expected too....that's a lot different from 'expecting big things' and thinking they could actually challenge for a Western title or something.

I don't mean any offense by any of this, and I agree with Cash it's a good discussion that's fun to have.....BUT, you are talking like a fan, period.

Back