Well, 8 weeks in, what have we learned?

Like I said, probably unfair. But we saw it last year with Tua. Wouldn’t shock me to see it again

Maybe...but Tua missing a few games...high ankle sprains are a bitch....the stats won't be as padded.

Fair or not, burrow for Heisman is 100% dependent on the outcome of Alabama game. Tua’s injury opens door wide open, think Fields enters the discussion too. If Tua is able to play by LSU and does his usual thing, I think he’ll be the front-runner again. At this point, I don’t think stats are going to matter as much as how these guys perform in big games. They’re all going to have huge stats, need something else to distinguish themselves

I 100% agree with this. And this is from a guy who
Lost his mind betting Burrow for Heisman pre-Texas game.

I made my Burrow bets based on the following assumptions...1. Tua cannot play a full healthy season. He’s injury prone...and in a numbers race for a guy so accurate I assumed he’d get banged up. 2. I don’t care how good Hurts numbers are, I’m not going to believe it until I see it that Heisman voters are going to give the award for a 3rd straight year to an OU QB. Riley is genius in his development of his offensive scheme the way Spurrier was 25 years ago and how Chip was a decade ago. 3.Burrow whether Tua is hurt or not is going to be affected by that injury for the LSU game. We saw last year that the end of season slowdown of Tua lost him this award, whether you agree with that or not. 4. Bama is vulnerable on Defense And always has been to the spread. losong their starting middle LB before the season was a killer. Now being so young and without a power run game and having to defend against a fast paced offense, even if LSU loses, I dont see Burrow’s numbers being bad vs. Bama. IMO, Tua CANNOT win this award without playing vs LSU. And that’s not fair but probably 100% accurate. That and the fact he’s no chance going to be 100% healthy is why I’m frightening getting more confidence in my insane Burrow for Heisman. Wagers. I made something like 8 of them at silly prices when I was running God-like early season.

If Tua plays and is normal by LSU Joe still needs to win that game. It would be different if game was in early October. That is a November matchup and voters will be looking for that game to gauge things

As far as Hurts, we watched Kyler feast in November last year. The lack of big opponents didn't faze voters. The beauty here is we may have a mega matchup in mid November with the undefeated Baylor Bears. I can't see BU slipping up till then. Advantage: Hurts

As far as JF. He will have two showcase games B2B to end the season. That's HUGE. Obviously his numbers are stunted because the best team in America runs the ball so well. But, as predicted last December, he's gonna be in NY.

Did you watch the Michigan game? Lol. He's sucked all year but he was excellent after a few drives last night. I'd say his best game in 12 months almost. Michigan dominated the game overall. Kid drops the TD and the officiating was atrocious. I mean, even neutral observers could see that last night. There was basically a 17-21 point swing on blatant incorrect calls.
Time to change QBs. You couldn’t convince me otherwise. For what they can do....DMC time

The good thing for Burrough, it seems the media annoited him last week. That helps... Again though even 400 yards in a losing effort to Bama doesn't help him as much as peeps think.

If Hurts wins this award, then I want to be the first in line to bet D’Eriq King when he enters the transfer portal and is next year’s OU starter. Because it should automatically go to a great athletic QB who will be led by a genius of a head coach.

I’m just not buying Hurts. I think
It’s the system. His numbers vs a Texas team that gave up 48 to Kansas yesterday (maybe his best test yet) weren’t off the charts either.

I was harping on this for a month so it's not like I'm a fan. It seems you saw they lost and he threw a pick early and you came to some bizarre conclusions about the game.

Did you watch the Michigan game? Lol. He's sucked all year but he was excellent after a few drives last night. I'd say his best game in 12 months almost. Michigan dominated the game overall. Kid drops the TD and the officiating was atrocious. I mean, even neutral observers could see that last night. There was basically a 17-21 point swing on blatant incorrect calls.
That’s what Harbaugh does. I’m sorry. This is a fucking pattern. BAR. Cmon.

The good thing for Burrough, it seems the media annoited him last week. That helps... Again though even 400 yards in a losing effort to Bama doesn't help him as much as peeps think.

this is a media award. DEAD SPOT ON. Most of these puds voting aren’t even watching the games. But it’s the SEC. he’s a player at a school who never has had a stud there before. Call it the RG3 theory of how Burrow has a monster chance to win this IMO.

Fair or not, burrow for Heisman is 100% dependent on the outcome of Alabama game. Tua’s injury opens door wide open, think Fields enters the discussion too. If Tua is able to play by LSU and does his usual thing, I think he’ll be the front-runner again. At this point, I don’t think stats are going to matter as much as how these guys perform in big games. They’re all going to have huge stats, need something else to distinguish themselves
Take Burrow off the team. There’s the answer

If Hurts wins this award, then I want to be the first in line to bet D’Eriq King when he enters the transfer portal and is next year’s OU starter. Because it should automatically go to a great athletic QB who will be led by a genius of a head coach.

I’m just not buying Hurts. I think
It’s the system. His numbers vs a Texas team that gave up 48 to Kansas yesterday (maybe his best test yet) weren’t off the charts either.
Look at Heisman history bud, you know better. Do the names David Klingler and Andre Ware come to mind?

Look at Heisman history bud, you know better. Do the names David Klingler and Andre Ware come to mind?

2 guys from 20 years ago compared to today’s world of CFB isn’t a reasonable comparison. Apples and oranges.

That’s what Harbaugh does. I’m sorry. This is a fucking pattern. BAR. Cmon.
Watch the game bud, then make conclusions. Seriously. I'm not homering this up. You can't play vs a good team, officials and then drop TDs...but they didn't lose because of JH or Shea. At all ...

Take Fields off OSU. Who's more valuable?
I think Fields is right there. Stats may come into play....how is his completions, just curious

Ohio St probably has a 12 gauge 3rd string somewhere....QBs they ain’t lacking. I’m certainly enjoying the transfer lol

Not as intently as you. I’ll admit.

Gun to your head. Who would you start?
If they had gotten blown out I wanted to build for future. If they are gonna look like a top 7-10 team like yesterday I would let Shea build on a great last 3 quarters. No doubt.

I think Fields is right there. Stats may come into play....how is his completions, just curious

Ohio St probably has a 12 gauge 3rd string somewhere....QBs they ain’t lacking. I’m certainly enjoying the transfer lol
Woah! What?

Twinkie, you think OSU is deep at QB?? LMFAO. They are one hit away from destroying their season . They have NO ONE.

Twinkie, you think OSU is deep at QB?? LMFAO. They are one hit away from destroying their season . They have NO ONE.
It was more a Burrow joke and a not to past days bro. Was kidding.

I know you think I’m downing your boys and I’m not. I’m not saying they played shitty, but you just get down like that OTR and it’s tough

I just expect more. As should you.

It was more a Burrow joke and a not to past days bro. Was kidding.

I know you think I’m downing your boys and I’m not. I’m not saying they played shitty, but you just get down like that OTR and it’s tough

I just expect more. As should you.
I expected NOTHING yesterday.

LOL

I learned PSU is not as good as their ranking.

I learned that Michigan, with fair officiating even getting down early is easily the better team. I wasn't even bothered by the officiating till after the game because frankly I am so numb to it this week as is... but it did cause some huge swings. Two of the PSU TD's came directly because of blown calls. That hurts, a lot. These aren't like judgement calls, they were just plain wrong.

I haven't seen that fight down 2-3 scores from a Michigan team in eons. I came out very happy and the offense is starting to show signs of what they have.

That was as good of a loss as they have had in JH era. It was very encouraging.

Wisconsin was very stubborn yesterday and I think they thought they could just do enough to win. Coan was really good in my mind and was throwing great but they continually tried to run really to not great success (to how they should have). They finally throw the ball when they should run it and it gets picked. That is funny.

If you watched Rice-UTSA like myself and @BenchCoach , then we are all more hardened this morning.

Minnesota is also very stubborn with the run, or so I thought. Then I watched Morgan throw a bit and I see why. No fears people, Wisconsin is still winning the west.

Yeah, I watched Minny-Rutgers for 20 game minutes just to get a better feel for Minny. Again, I feel watching those two games is the equivalent of 'A Clockwork Orange'.

Imma start a thread... might as well get some fun bickering going on...

I learned that the refs hate the whole state of Michigan

I learned that Twinkie shows up a lot more when his teams are doing well

I learned that the refs hate the whole state of Michigan

I learned that Twinkie shows up a lot more when his teams are doing well

You know what is funny? They always liked the Red Wings ;)

Baseball is a tweener.

NBA we had our ups n downs back in the day.

NCAAB -- 2013 Championship Game

NFL- obviously

UM Football - It had actually been cleaned up the last year or so...after they sent a lot of tape to the B10 offices and this year all was fine till last night.

Everyone gets screwed by officials. It just sucks when it is multiple calls in the same game.

It’s not supposed to be an MVP award though
Ok. That aside. Tua is going to miss some time.
It’s the Bama game as you said. Who knows, maybe LSU can lose that game and still be good.
Seems to be the narrative on TV for some teams....some lose at home

Win or lose against Alabama, LSU is a very good team. I was saying the argument about taking a player off a team as a reason to award a Heisman shouldn’t factor in. It’s the most outstanding football player, not most valuable. Tua will miss Arkansas, supposedly back for LSU, but who knows how healthy. He torched them on a bad knee last year, so maybe he can make it work

Michigan lost the game because they shit their pants at the beginning of the game. Plain and simple. Yeah a call or two didn’t go their way in the first half. But they weren’t ready to play. You can’t dig a hole like that on the road to a good team in that kind of environment and spend all night chasing.

I’m proud of M, they played their best game if the year and there are only probably 5 or so teams going into that environment and winning. So to keep their heads in game, dominate the 2nd half outside of one play, fine. It’s just the dropped TD that sucks because we were winning that game if he catches it. We had Franklin right where we wanted him, curled up in his turtle/peanut shell in the fetile position.

But we need to play a full 60, not last 35. That game could have got out of hand.

But I always say it’s the HC job to overrule a coordinator if something isn’t working and covering Hamler with safeties won’t work, ever. That’s about the only coaching thing in game that pisses me off.

I fucking hate big non conference games in the middle of conference schedule, it’s like we’re doing this for ND. But just fucking beat them, no more daggun excuses. WIN the fucking game!!

PSU got completely fucked by refs in Iowa. But they won! Win the damn game, cuz we could have!

I have not gotten to watch more than 4-5 total games this year and it is showing. But what ive learned is i cannot get an oregon game right to save my life, i suck at team totals, and i dont know how i went 2-13 lol

Tua doesn't play vs lsu he isn't winning. Pretty simple. Jmo. The Heisman is basically your most valuable player for a great team.

See you in the CFP in 3 years.

Lol...one could dream but even this year I think the possibility could remain outside of more injuries that the market could stay behind this team as the youngsters continue to improve at a healthy rate.

Back