Weeknight CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Hard to tell whether Buffalo is as good as its unexpected 41-point explosion vs. sagging Kent last week but you can be sure they will play hard. Just not sure whether the Bulls got Akron's attention or not. Passing for now but will watch the first half.

Everyone has their thoughts on Louisville/Rutgers. I made the game 6.5 so I can't really get involved at this point. I think Louisville is the right side because the Cards have been in these games before, they embarassed Rutgers sans Bush last season and they have played a tougher schedule to this point. Here's Matt Zemek's thoughts on the game, from collegefootballnews.com. I took out the 2-3 graphs I viewed as a good read and a similar take to what I have.

"It's not disrespectful to question Rutgers' credentials. Quite simply, this is the first really big game of Rutgers' 2006 schedule. Pittsburgh, a nice but not overwhelming 6-3 team, provided a solid test for the Scarlet Knights, and Rutgers' 20-10 win at Heinz Field proved just how much Greg Schiano's program has advanced in such a short time. Louisville, though, is no Pittsburgh. With Brian Brohm's thumb healthy, the Cardinal quarterback has stamped himself as a truly elite college football player, alongside Rutgers running back Ray Rice. With a healthy Brohm at the controls, Louisville's offense purrs with clockwork efficiency, and a suspect defense only needs to make a small amount of plays to give Bobby Petrino's team a good chance of winning. Louisville--with its win over West Virginia--proved its worth to the college football community... even though that same community is skeptical of the Cards' chances on Thursday night. The third-ranked team in America represents a mammoth challenge for a Rutgers team that--in 2006--hasn't faced anyone nearly as talented as the Cardinals are.

Rutgers is a great story, a successful program, and a well-schooled club. But in Louisville, the Scarlet Knights have an opponent who will force them to compete in suffocating air made thick by championship pressure. This is a new and elevated level of competition for Rutgers, and it's not controversial or disrespectful to question the Knights' credentials before kickoff time. After all, you can't know what a team is made of until it faces elite competition. For better or for worse, for richer or poorer, America will learn a lot more about Rutgers this Thursday than it will about Louisville. While college football fans question the Cards, it's the Scarlet Knights who are surrounded by real question marks. It's not because they're deficient; this is simply a situation in which no one knows whether Schiano's boys are a solid 10-2 club or an elite 12-0 team that can play--and win--at the big-boy table of college football."

No play for now. Will get involved if I can lay less than 6 with Louisville later today and will watch the first half intently as well.

In the late game, I notice the total has gone up a little this morning but I'm not sure if that's a legit move or someone out dummying it up. Wyoming's defense has been keeping it in games all season and BYU has given up one meaningful touchdown the last three weeks, if I'm not mistaken. The temperature will be around freezing at kickoff and it's supposed to rain most of the early part of the day in Provo. I lean to the UNDER, but pass for now. I also like taking all the points with the 'dog' but I respect the continued ability of the Mormons to keep getting the cash.

So to sum it up, not a gotdamn thing for now. But keep your eyes and ears open and I'll be back in 3 hours for Dr. Bob...

:shake:

OK, after Dr. Bob's morning madness, only got one play moved into my range...

Taking Louisville -5.5 for a small bet. Just see a little value at less than 6. Nothing to it...

GL!

Thought I would post in your thread, so you could look at my girlfriend's rack any time you wanted.....

.....and with you on the Ville.

Tremendous girlfriend rack. Why don't you bring her and a friend down to Costa Rica and I'll show you all a good time
:cheers:

killem rex. woh the fuck is this dr. bob guy? whats the fuss over his plays? really didnt think he'd show up here, doesnt seem you guys would care much but since i see the same thing everywhere i must know now especially coming from the collegeking.

what say ye?

Rex: I will be pulling for Louisville big time because I want more than anything for a big east team to play in champ game, however I do believe they will have their hands full with this Rutgers team and if Rutgers wins that will blow the big east shot at Ohio St Mich winner. Louisville had better bring their "A" game because Rutgers is very talented and very well coached. Rice (rb) for Rutgers is solid and his stable mate Leanord is an nfl prospect as well. As I always I wish you well Rex and will be pulling for and hope we can all have a great wknd!

Not sure they embarrassed RU like the boxscores says though. First both Teel and Rice were freshman so there is improvement that must be acknowledged and Teel isnt very good but Rice is a monster. You look at the game last year. RU led 3-0 kicked off got to Ville which got about a 65 yd return setup the short field and Ville went 29 yards for the score. After a punt again the Ville got nice starting position on its 34. On a 3rd and 5 from the RU 26 the Knights got called for PI and resulting 1st down where Lville eventually scored...14-3 after a RU blocked punt for a safety( 7 would have been nice) its 14-5. For some reason 14-5 with a minute before half backed up inside there own 20 Teels throws a pick which is taken to the RU 4 with 55 seconds left. Why is a freshman Teel throwing backed up with a minute before half?? That play was the game IMO. One play later its 21-5 and the game gets blown out...imagine if it was 14-5 at the half??? This great Lville offense ran 29 plays for 132 yards slightily better the 4 yds per play ran. A young team went into the locker room dejected and never came out again. Down 21-5 you force the young Teel to make plays and he simply cant.......The 2nd H raw talent took over and thats why it was a blowout

Last years meeting is not very useful IMO in looking at this years matchup...hope its 60 minutes of good football..GL

Back