Weekend Weather

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
We're supposed to get alot of rain in Texas Thursday through Saturday. Good for the wildfires that have been going on, not so good for football playing conditions.

Just a heads up.

Likely very wet in Austin this weekend and all around the state.

20151020_p120i12.gif

Excuse the geekiness, they are now doubling (already high) rainfall estimates. Appears we are going to get hammered tomorrow with wetness. Texas, Baylor, Rice, Texas State, OU, Okie State games could be impacted.

1yv69h.png

God the weather in the south, west and central US is awful...Not sure how you guys deal with the fires, tornadoes, earth quakes, and hurricanes...

God the weather in the south, west and central US is awful...Not sure how you guys deal with the fires, tornadoes, earth quakes, and hurricanes...

All worth it to avoid temperatures below freezing for 95% of the year. If it was in the 30s in October I'd shoot myself. Not to mention March or April.

A couple of years ago we went to visit friends in Ann Arbor. Memorial Day weekend and when we got in late that Friday night, it was 35 f'ing degrees. No thank you

It's 33 degrees here and snowing right now. I love it, no mosquitoes at least.

Thanks for the heads-up Frank, I'll have to see what Saturday looks like and maybe play some unders now...

:cheers3:

It was 68 and raining hard the other day and I had to go from the outside bar to the inside bar, was freezing with the wind. This warm weather makes you soft.

The weather in Texas is fucked up....I've seen it freezing in the Panhandle (way north) and at the same time it's in the high 90s in south Texas. Late last spring, we had cars floating down Lamar Blvd. just a short distance from the UT campus. A few months later, in another area of central Texas, wildfires were burning everything in sight. Those are going out this weekend for good, thanks to 10-12 inches of rain. And then there's lots and lots of tornadoes, hail the size of grapefruit, and occasional hurricanes and earthquakes in north Texas.

It is nice wearing shorts and flip flops on Christmas Eve, but the stuff does keep you on your toes.

Looks like the Texas schools are gonna get slammed. Okie and Okie St are only at a 10% chance for Saturday as of now.

The weather in Texas is fucked up....I've seen it freezing in the Panhandle (way north) and at the same time it's in the high 90s in south Texas. Late last spring, we had cars floating down Lamar Blvd. just a short distance from the UT campus. A few months later, in another area of central Texas, wildfires were burning everything in sight. Those are going out this weekend for good, thanks to 10-12 inches of rain. And then there's lots and lots of tornadoes, hail the size of grapefruit, and occasional hurricanes and earthquakes in north Texas.

It is nice wearing shorts and flip flops on Christmas Eve, but the stuff does keep you on your toes.

We visited family in Austin in February or March a couple of years ago. It was cold when we landed, then we saw on the TV that night that they were closing schools and government buildings because of, and I shit you not, 0.01" to trace elements of snow. Now, when it snows here in Alabama, it looks like the Walking Dead on the roads, but we still had a laugh at how even less prepared they are in Austin

The philosophy here is if the snow plows can get out, the buses can get out. Now when it gets below zero, especially with winds, they may

delay the pick up times by 2 hours to let the sun come up. But, it usually will take 8 inches or more to cancel school. It's amusing to us,

watching warm weather cities cope with snow.

Rain is a disaster here let alone snow, you get both types of drivers. One that still flies and doesn't change it up when there's oil all over the roads and it's slick as shit, then the other that treats it like the sky is falling and drives 30 on the freeway

Then there's the bitch the other day that thought she could plow through a flooded wash with her minivan and had to be extricated from the back seat by 3 firefighters when shit was up to her hood. Can't unteach stupid.

That is like when ATL got slammed by an inch of snow few years back and all hell broke loose.

I knew people in Birmingham that slept in their cars on the interstate that day. Friend of mine walked 2.5 miles to go get his kid from day care. It's amazing to me that after this happens every year, or every other year, that the cities here don't A) purchase the necessary equipment to clear the roads or B) pre-emptively close schools etc when that weather is approaching. Like we are worried that some government employees won't get their work done that day. If it's a Monday, there's an 80% chance it's a holiday anyway

I knew people in Birmingham that slept in their cars on the interstate that day. Friend of mine walked 2.5 miles to go get his kid from day care. It's amazing to me that after this happens every year, or every other year, that the cities here don't A) purchase the necessary equipment to clear the roads or B) pre-emptively close schools etc when that weather is approaching. Like we are worried that some government employees won't get their work done that day. If it's a Monday, there's an 80% chance it's a holiday anyway

My wife had a 5 hour drive essentially from current Braves stadium to new, prob about 10-15 mile drive. And she felt lucky compared to lots of others.

They may drown from breathing hard, I'm wondering if my -36.5 is such a good idea...

All worth it to avoid temperatures below freezing for 95% of the year. If it was in the 30s in October I'd shoot myself. Not to mention March or April.

Where are you from, Mobile? In South Carolina, my senior year in high school, we got 10 inches of snow the last week of March.

The weather in Texas is fucked up....I've seen it freezing in the Panhandle (way north) and at the same time it's in the high 90s in south Texas.

You know they get 93 days with a low below freezing in an average year in Lubbock? That compares to 97 in Baltimore.

Texas is a big state.

Where are you from, Mobile? In South Carolina, my senior year in high school, we got 10 inches of snow the last week of March.

Raised down there, live in the top part of the state now. We do get freezing weather here. Drove to work one day last year and it was 7. Had a hard freeze first week of March this year. Growing up in Mobile, we started baseball practice every year on MLK day, usually could wear short sleeves

Ya apparently it's that Hurricane Patricia...worst Hurricane ever about to hit Pacific coast of Mainland
Mexico....Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo are going to get hit hard.....and Brownsville Texas.

It's a combination of multiple things, including the hurricane. A perfect storm, if you will, for incredible rainfall. Weather geeks are going nuts.

Ya apparently it's that Hurricane Patricia...worst Hurricane ever about to hit Pacific coast of Mainland
Mexico....Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo are going to get hit hard......

They expect it to have devastating results on the infrastructure, estimating total damage to Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo at $54.63

Holy shit! Where I live, our YEARLY precip total averages 19".

That's what they get out in Del Rio and Bracketville. Did you know London only gets 23 inches a year (same as Uvalde)? Yes, London, England.

Meanwhile, in Dallas I have a bucket with more than 7 inches of water in it that's accumulated since yesterday morning. It's about 4 feet from the edge of the house, though, so it might be getting some splatter from the roof. The pool doesn't look like the levels up 7 inches yet.

Seattle annual rainfall isn't all that much compared to most cities despite the bad rap

Weather games that I see:

318 Ball State - 60 percent chance of storms, wind

322 Kent State - 75 percent chance of rain, wind

324 Buffalo - 85 percent chance of rain, wind

328 Mich State - 60 percent chance of rain, but wind the bigger threat there

336 Western Mich - same as above, 328

344 Marshall - 50 percent chance of rain

352 Texas - forget about it, lucky to play the game at all with that much rain

360 Illinois - 40 percent chance of rain, wind a bigger threat

370 Baylor - same forecast as 352

382 Cincinnati - 85 percent chance of rain

386 Texas State - same forecast as 352

I'd say no big deal in Austin and San Marcus, though it's obviously subject to change.

Yup, they're backing off now. Things change really quickly when it comes to flash flooding here, but looking much better.

We've had more than 8 inches at my house, but we have a special micro-micro climate.

They expect it to have devastating results on the infrastructure, estimating total damage to Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo at $54.63

jfc....funny as shit as i have seen in a while....of course, im drunk off ass lik e charlie harper

Back