Weekend Footy 8th-10th September

bad gambler

Pretty much a regular
Rugby Union - APC

NSW Waratahs to beat ACT Brumbies - (-115) (3 units)

NSW have named a very strong forward pack for tonights opener of the APC tournament. Although being played in Canberra, I'm expecting the more experienced and depper squad to get the points here - when you have guys like Turinui and Harris coming off the bench you know you have a solid squad, regardless of the fact that all the Wallaby players away on International duty.

good luck :shake:

bad gambler said:
Rugby Union - APC

NSW Waratahs to beat ACT Brumbies - (-115) (3 units)

NSW have named a very strong forward pack for tonights opener of the APC tournament. Although being played in Canberra, I'm expecting the more experienced and depper squad to get the points here - when you have guys like Turinui and Harris coming off the bench you know you have a solid squad, regardless of the fact that all the Wallaby players away on International duty.

Lost by a point :spank:

Yanks26Sox6 - this time of year is like my NFL post season time. Finals time in 2 key football codes here (Rugby League + AFL). Will definitely have plays across the weekend :cheers:

Rugby League - Superleague

Wakefield Wildcats to cover +10.5 v Bradford Bulls - (-110) (4 units)

I always love a conspiracy theory and this is a prime game which has one IMO. A Wakefiled loss tonight and they get relegated - Catalans are by virtue of a gurantee given to them at the beginning of the season will not be relegated. Another team in the running to be relegated are the Castleford Tigers. Both Wildcats and Castleford meet in the final round next week therefore a win by the Wildcats today will ensure that next week's match will mean something. It has been slated as the skysports game of the week as well. Something tells me Bradford will roll over today, they are resting a couple of their backs and this match means absolutely nothing to them as their spot in the playoffs is secure. This match is also being shown by skysports.

Wakefield also seem to perform well against the Bulls for some reason. They did the double over them last season and they lost narrowly in the opener this season when the two teams met.

Mind you, by rights Bradford should smash the Wildcats tonight - so taking the risk on the more desperate team to provide a strong showing.

bad gambler said:
Rugby League - Superleague

Wakefield Wildcats to cover +10.5 v Bradford Bulls - (-110) (4 units)

I always love a conspiracy theory and this is a prime game which has one IMO. A Wakefiled loss tonight and they get relegated - Catalans are by virtue of a gurantee given to them at the beginning of the season will not be relegated. Another team in the running to be relegated are the Castleford Tigers. Both Wildcats and Castleford meet in the final round next week therefore a win by the Wildcats today will ensure that next week's match will mean something. It has been slated as the skysports game of the week as well. Something tells me Bradford will roll over today, they are resting a couple of their backs and this match means absolutely nothing to them as their spot in the playoffs is secure. This match is also being shown by skysports.

Wakefield also seem to perform well against the Bulls for some reason. They did the double over them last season and they lost narrowly in the opener this season when the two teams met.

Mind you, by rights Bradford should smash the Wildcats tonight - so taking the risk on the more desperate team to provide a strong showing.

Got to love how corrupt sport is these days, both the ref and the Bradford Bulls players didn't even try to make that subtle. 3 sin bins for the Bulls players during the mach lol. I had a piece of that +325 ML as well.

Wakey win straight up :shake:

AFL

It's finals time and I expect all the big boys to rise to the top over the course of the weekend starting with the afternoon match.

Adelaide Crows to beat Fremantle Dockers - (+110) (3.5 units)

Fremantle are the hottest team in the league, winning their last 9 games coming into the finals series. However this is only the second year they are playing finals footy and they come to Adelaide as the favourite???? Even though the Crows are still struggling with injuries, I can not justify the current line. Crows also get back Burton for today to add more spark up front and based on last week's performance the younger plays in the team have shown they are more than capable.

A month ago I hit the Dockers at +17.5 and ML when they played Adelaide in AAMI, but this time around I feel obligated to take the crows S/U at home as the dog. All the money as been coming in for the Dockers all week, bu frankly there is no way I could back a team who albeit are in great form, are raw an unproven this time of year.

This one starts in around 5 hours time.

bad gambler said:
AFL

It's finals time and I expect all the big boys to rise to the top over the course of the weekend starting with the afternoon match.

Adelaide Crows to beat Fremantle Dockers - (+110) (3.5 units)

Fremantle are the hottest team in the league, winning their last 9 games coming into the finals series. However this is only the second year they are playing finals footy and they come to Adelaide as the favourite???? Even though the Crows are still struggling with injuries, I can not justify the current line. Crows also get back Burton for today to add more spark up front and based on last week's performance the younger plays in the team have shown they are more than capable.

A month ago I hit the Dockers at +17.5 and ML when they played Adelaide in AAMI, but this time around I feel obligated to take the crows S/U at home as the dog. All the money as been coming in for the Dockers all week, bu frankly there is no way I could back a team who albeit are in great form, are raw an unproven this time of year.

This one starts in around 5 hours time.

Duff man says booyaaaaaaa!!!! :wacka wacka:

Always love it when a anti public play hits, books clean up but so do I :smiley_acbe:

nice calls, BG. I'm steering clear of the 1st week of the NRL playoffs. Biggest lean is on Parra, but can't pull the trigger on them.

Cheers BC, look forward to seeing your plays as the finals series progresses.

NRL - Rugby League

Dragons to cover +4.5 v Broncos - (-110) (3 units)

I just got wind of the fact that Hunt is out for the Broncos tonight due to injury. That is a huge loss IMO as his combination with Lockyer has been the catalyst for the Broncos revival at the back end of the regular season. I always like the Dragons in this one on the basis of their recent domination of the Broncos team, doing the double on them this season and also registering a huge win at Suncorp last season just before the final series. Dragons also coming off 3 consecutive wins and tonight they also get Head back at halfback, and his in play kicking game could be the difference IMO. Taken the points as a safety measure, but expect them to pull the S/U win tonight and continue the Broncos recent finals misery.

bad gambler said:
Cheers BC, look forward to seeing your plays as the finals series progresses.

NRL - Rugby League

Dragons to cover +4.5 v Broncos - (-110) (3 units)

I just got wind of the fact that Hunt is out for the Broncos tonight due to injury. That is a huge loss IMO as his combination with Lockyer has been the catalyst for the Broncos revival at the back end of the regular season. I always like the Dragons in this one on the basis of their recent domination of the Broncos team, doing the double on them this season and also registering a huge win at Suncorp last season just before the final series. Dragons also coming off 3 consecutive wins and tonight they also get Head back at halfback, and his in play kicking game could be the difference IMO. Taken the points as a safety measure, but expect them to pull the S/U win tonight and continue the Broncos recent finals misery.

Dragons win easily - fading Broncos in finals is like taking candy from a baby money;

AFL

Collingwood to cover -10.5 v Western Bulldogs - (-110) (3.5 units)

Starts in 1 hour

NRL - Rugby League

Parramatta Eels to cover +12.5 v Melbourne Storm - (-120) (3 units)

I bought the extra point here to give me more than a converted try buffer as my numbers has this game as a 1-12 margin. History is well and truly against the Eels here to win S/U as since the introduction of the McIntyre system the number 8 ranked side has yet to beat the number 1 ranked one. But Eels to have a couple of things going for them IMO:

1) They get back captain and front row Nahan Cayless who was previously thought to be out for the season.
2) The NZ Warriors showed a few weeks ago that the Storm are beatable a Olympic Park and what they did really well was exploit the Storm's suspect right side flank. Eels have speed to burn on both flanks with Hayne and Grothe.
3) Craig Ingless is out for Storm, big blow IMO

Don't believe they can win this S/U but I think they can keep this close and also provide with a potential middle at HT.

bad gambler said:
AFL

Collingwood to cover -10.5 v Western Bulldogs - (-110) (3.5 units)

Starts in 1 hour

Wow Collingwood led by 20 odd early in the 2nd qtr and then went missing the rest of the game. They got humiliated. :eek:

bad gambler said:
NRL - Rugby League

Parramatta Eels to cover +12.5 v Melbourne Storm - (-120) (3 units)

I bought the extra point here to give me more than a converted try buffer as my numbers has this game as a 1-12 margin. History is well and truly against the Eels here to win S/U as since the introduction of the McIntyre system the number 8 ranked side has yet to beat the number 1 ranked one. But Eels to have a couple of things going for them IMO:

1) They get back captain and front row Nahan Cayless who was previously thought to be out for the season.
2) The NZ Warriors showed a few weeks ago that the Storm are beatable a Olympic Park and what they did really well was exploit the Storm's suspect right side flank. Eels have speed to burn on both flanks with Hayne and Grothe.
3) Craig Ingless is out for Storm, big blow IMO

Don't believe they can win this S/U but I think they can keep this close and also provide with a potential middle at HT.

Eels had their chances to at least tie this game up, but get the cover.

I'll be looking to fade the Storm in the prelim final in 2 weeks time :wacka wacka:

Superleague

Warrington to cover +3.5 v Hull - (-110) (3.5 units)

Wolves need one more win of the 2 remaining games to secure a playoff spot. With the Saints being their last game, and coupled with the fact that Hull have already locked up 2nd spot and playing a couple of youngsters today, perfect spot for the Wolves to win as the home dog. Taken the points for insurance as Wolves always seem to find a way to lose even in a winning position but again I expect a S/U win today.

Thanks for posting this weekend again. I always mean to follow your plays but Thursday night through Sunday night doesnt' treat me too kindly at the bars in terms of being sober enough to log on and make plays.

Hopefully it was profitable for you.

bad gambler said:
Superleague

Warrington to cover +3.5 v Hull - (-110) (3.5 units)

Wolves need one more win of the 2 remaining games to secure a playoff spot. With the Saints being their last game, and coupled with the fact that Hull have already locked up 2nd spot and playing a couple of youngsters today, perfect spot for the Wolves to win as the home dog. Taken the points for insurance as Wolves always seem to find a way to lose even in a winning position but again I expect a S/U win today.

Warrington get the S/U win :cheers:

Fondy - I know BC can attest to this but all these sports can be a goldmine if you can pick your spots. Just a shame the season is winding down.

NBL (Aussie basketball) however is just around the corner, which has been my best sport over the past 5 years so feel free tag along there. Pinny had lines last year.

Thanks BC :shake:

I originally signed up here to thank you for these plays. I normally work 3rd shift, so it's that during my normal time up, I have games to wager on.

Back